• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Petition to Remove Stupid Emotes

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
:bananaphuwu::bruhaha::modifysar::druwuing::eek:ddraw300::cow::tingle::finn::iggy::jake::ebolasar::megabruhahasar::megabruhaha::krool::meguwu::mineral::modify::markeeneep::eek:nion::eek:dd300::coolmareep::shearvusar::shearnusar::shearmusar::shearwusar:uwuuvuunuumu
And most of all...
:zeldatheory:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
wow that's some serious ****ing oppression

:zeldatheory: is like the epitome of the theory section on every zelda site. you could say it's actually the most universal of all the emotes.
Hey, if people other than me see actual reason to keep it, then by all means. It's just that, personally, I can't think of a time when I would ever use that one.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Just realized that this was necromancy... heh heh...
Anyways, just wanted to throw my two cents in there. I'll admit that I have indeed used the block function for unu and that it's the only one I see to be worth blocking.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
How bout a on/off switch so that we don't have to add more when 10 million new emotes appear?

Literally 10 million new emotes every day. Every single day.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Considering the purpose of the emotes is to provide humor and entertainment, as well as to occasionally annoy people playfully, I'd say they are serving their purpose very well. ZD's emotes simply happen to have gone beyond cute ways to express emotions. They've evolved into a kind of inside joke on ZD and I think that's great. ZD's partly a place to talk and ask questions in a serious manner of course, but it's also a place to be silly and have some fun. I think most people find the emotes fun and silly. And again, those who find them annoying have the option to block them.

Everyone should chill and just be :bestestcool:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Considering the purpose of the emotes is to provide humor and entertainment, as well as to occasionally annoy people playfully, I'd say they are serving their purpose very well. ZD's emotes simply happen to have gone beyond cute ways to express emotions. They've evolved into a kind of inside joke on ZD and I think that's great. ZD's partly a place to talk and ask questions in a serious manner of course, but it's also a place to be silly and have some fun. I think most people find the emotes fun and silly. And again, those who find them annoying have the option to block them.

Everyone should chill and just be :bestestcool:
Well... if you put it that way, then I guess that you have a good point.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The emotes are one of the reasons I love ZD. ZD, unlike any forum I've ever been on, is an extremely tightly knit community. There are so many inside jokes and it's so much fun. It's like we are a real little club or something. So my answer to this:
:coolhecks:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Being able to block them is nice; needing to block each one manually as they appear is not so nice. Please let there be an option to automatically 'opt out' of stupid.
Like categorize each emote, then give an option to block certain categories as well as different emotes? I'm good with this.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
How bout a on/off switch so that we don't have to add more when 10 million new emotes appear?

Literally 10 million new emotes every day. Every single day.

Being able to block them is nice; needing to block each one manually as they appear is not so nice. Please let there be an option to automatically 'opt out' of stupid.

That's exactly why I made this thread after the block function was first introduced. I knew some people might find individually blocking each emote to be quite a pain, so I did the work for you, and I try to update it whenever new smilies are added. I have the whole code in there to simply copy/paste so you don't have to worry about adding them yourselves. Any that you don't want blocked can simply be removed from the code.

As for my opinion on the emotes, sure some may be useless, but they're funny! They add comedic elements to the site that weren't there before, and I love it. Each new emote makes me laugh, and I think I can speak for tons of other people as well. Some people enjoy the emotes, some don't. There's a convenient block function for a reason. With such a function in place, there is not a single reason to even delt one of the emotes we have here. The people that enjoy them can see them, the people that don't don't have to worry about it. It's a great system.

But what do I know, I'm just a hat!

:straightupezlo:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I did not know about the blocking smilies option under Preferences
ASv0hbs.gif
I just heard about using adblock. Well, I'm fine with keeping those emotes, then. I like how the ZD option keeps the code for the smiley so you know what that person is posting. My first thought was downsizing the smilies but I understand how some may not be as funny or appealing if you downsize them. Like this for example:
:zeldatheory:
I think the blocking feature is reasonable for people who don't want to bother with these smilies. But I think the smilies should still be cleaned up a bit. Not like, all the silly ones removed. But the redundant ones which are similar. Like these for example:
:eek: :goodness:
:cool: :coolsar:
:bestcoolsar: :bestestcool:
:krool::kcool::kcoolsar:
:megabruhaha::megabruhahasar:
And the list goes on. But I think one of each type of emote should remain. At this rate, hundreds of joke emotes would accumulate, and everyone would get annoyed and they would be wiped out altogether. So I suggest just moderate them.

I just noticed how the normal emotes were separated from the silly ones. Don't know when that happened, but I think that was a good step to take
E0AQhwJ.gif

Also, I very much suggest and request and :kawaii: that the old emotes come back
mND9jCa.png

Oh, and also, I think these smilies
umuunuuvuuwu
And their counterparts should be given a ":" at the beginning and end of the code. So uwu is :uwu:.

Reactions: Doc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom