• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

PETA Disses Mario

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I decided to put this in the Mature forum. If it doesn't fit it, then move it to the Gaming forum. (If you're a Mod/Admin)

Earlier today, GameInformer posted an article about PETA claiming that Mario wearing a Tanooki suit is saying it's okay to wear fur. And not just that.... They made a little game to show just how mad they are. Take a look:

[video=youtube;gNjLDtkzV08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNjLDtkzV08[/video]

Please discuss how you feel about this. Does it make you laugh, get mad or just plain annoyed. Or do you think this was the right thing for them to do?

I'm beginning to think that charities are beginning to make these sorts of statements because they know it will generate them publicity as people cry "political correctness gone mad". I'd be very surprised if anyone in the organisation of PETA genuinely thinks that Mario games encourage people to buy fur, it's probably just a publicity stunt to raise awareness of the charity (is it a charity?). They are being ridiculous though.

I hate using laughing abbreviations when typing . . . but LMFAO!!!!!!!

But really, they're taking it a bit too seriously. It's a video game. The Tanooki Suit is nothing more than that - a suit. It's not like any level of the game is hunting down and killing a Tanuki, and I've never got such a disturbing message from wearing this suit . . .
I mean, is that blood dripping as Mario flies? They make it look so evil! They're definitely overreacting and have received the wrong message from this game, in my opinion. Mario is in no way as gruesome and evil a game as they make it out to be in this video, PETA has overreacted before but this is just ridiculous . . . Do they really think the producers had this in mind while making the game? I doubt they were purposely sending the message that wearing fur is ok.

Peta actually made another Mario rip off as well. Both games and Peta are stupid.[video=youtube;p59PH_TLnOM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p59PH_TLnOM[/video]

Peta should do more research because Mario gets his suit from a leaf, not from a real Tanooki.

Last edited:

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I hate using laughing abbreviations when typing . . . but LMFAO!!!!!!!

But really, they're taking it a bit too seriously. It's a video game. The Tanooki Suit is nothing more than that - a suit. It's not like any level of the game is hunting down and killing a Tanuki, and I've never got such a disturbing message from wearing this suit . . .
I mean, is that blood dripping as Mario flies? They make it look so evil! They're definitely overreacting and have received the wrong message from this game, in my opinion. Mario is in no way as gruesome and evil a game as they make it out to be in this video, PETA has overreacted before but this is just ridiculous . . . Do they really think the producers had this in mind while making the game? I doubt they were purposely sending the message that wearing fur is ok.

That's pretty much how I feel about it. LOL

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
I played Siper chick sisters, and the game sucks.
Lately, many companies have reacted on Nintendo, which is a bad sign.
I mean, a week ago, someone claimed Ghirahim to make people gay.

Because he's flamboyant? Yeah, I noticed that when I first saw him. But I'm still not Gay.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
WOW, propaganda much?:P
Honestly, they're taking this way to far. Like ZeldaDruggie said, it's just a suit, and getting it doesn't involve actually killing anything, let alone skinning any animals alive like they portrayed. They completely overdramatized this whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm stronly againt animals being killed for their fur, but this is just stupid. There are much better ways to go about this, but of course they have to go with stuff like this to manipulate the masses.
And wow, the game StarBound posted, just wow. I made it one minute through that video, SERIOUSLY?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I may not be 100% correct on this... but isn't a tanooki a fictional creature? Like a unicorn and the like?
Grow up PETA, haha.

Kid Buu

The Ultimate Majin
WOW, propaganda much?:P
Honestly, they're taking this way to far. Like ZeldaDruggie said, it's just a suit, and getting it doesn't involve actually killing anything, let alone skinning any animals alive like they portrayed. They completely overdramatized this whole thing. Don't get me wrong, I'm stronly againt animals being killed for their fur, but this is just stupid. There are much better ways to go about this, but of course they have to go with stuff like this to manipulate the masses.
And wow, the game StarBound posted, just wow. I made it one minute through that video, SERIOUSLY?

Ever played Red Dead Redemption? You can skin animals and sell the fur. You also have an outfit on there made of fur.

Back to the topic. Why does PETA go after Mario anyway? Have they not seen what you can do in games like Fallout 3? You can shoot a dog's head head off. Oh and you can use a knife to cut off the rest of the dog's limbs. :P

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Hahaha... wow, PETA's always got a gripe about something! They also made a parody game on Super Mario Brothers... it was named Super Chick Sisters I think. It was a game for kids to explain how inhumanely McDonald's treats chickens.

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
Ever played Red Dead Redemption? You can skin animals and sell the fur. You also have an outfit on there made of fur.

Back to the topic. Why does PETA go after Mario anyway? Have they not seen what you can do in games like Fallout 3? You can shoot a dog's head head off. Oh and you can use a knife to cut off the rest of the dog's limbs. :P
No, I haven't played RDR. That sounds pretty awful though. But of course, these morons have to go after something completely irrelevant instead of something that actually does suggest some harmful things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom