• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Well, I have a long list so this might take a while.

Run on sentences. When people don't use any periods or commas n itz just 1 big long sentence liek this n i think that runon snentces r sew anoyin expeshully wen theirs so much gramer mistakez that is so anoyin wut r ppl thinkin i mean come on its just so dang earitating no wat i meen

People that get in the way of pictures. I love photography but it just really gets on my nerves when I go to a beach and there's a perfect shot with a sunset but there's one person standing there in the background, which practically ruins the whole picture. It's especially annoying in a place with a heavy flow of people like at zoos or amusement parks. There's a nearby public garden near me and it's a MAJOR tourist attraction. Whenever I go there, it's so hard to take pictures because people are constantly walking past, without the consideration to stop to let you take a quick picture.

People who put a space between their punctuation and words like this: "Wow ! That's really crazy . Are you sure ?" I don't get why people do it. Whenever I'm on facebook, I scroll down my newsfeed and so many people do that. I don't get why. It's completely improper grammar. A question mark is not a word on it's own.

Vandalism. What's the benefit of ruining perfectly good things? :( My town sees a lot of it. People complain that the city is ugly but then when some new fancy lamp posts are installed or a flower basket gets put up, vandals are always there to spoil it.

Shoes. I just plain hate them. I can't stand having my feet consealed.. I don't ever wear shoes at home, even in the backyard. I take them off in the car and even when I'm sitting at a desk at school. Luckily my feet aren't odorous. :D

When my food touches other food. I'm the odd one out on my dad's side of the family. When we have a family dinner, my dad, uncle, grandpa and cousins make a big pile of mashed potatoes, corn, chicken, beans, peas, carrots, etc. then they top it all off with gravy. They then mix it all together and devour it as if they hadn't eaten for months. I'm different. I like to have my food in neat little piles all by themselves. I NEVER have food touching unless it's just like a carrot touching corn because it's easy to seperate and doesn't effect the taste.

Greasy hair...

People who assume that their music is the only kind of good music and don't understand that people have different tastes.

People who say that water is gross. IT HAS NO TASTE! You might as well say that air tastes gross.. It's refreshing and cools you down. Geez.

Laugh tracks on sitcoms. My two favorite shows are Friends and The Office. They're both very different and after watching a few episodes of the Office it's hard to watch Friends because all I can focus on is the constant laughing after every line. It's SO annoying.

Really uptight parents. I mean come on, let your kid do what he/she wants to do. My parents don't care what I watch or listen to. I've watch Family Guy, Borat and the Trailer Park Boys (Canadian show) since I was like 5 but it hasn't affteced me at all. It's not like I'm gonna see Borat running through a hotel naked and I'm going to try it for myself.

People who use any of the following words/terms/phrases:

"LG", meaning "little girl." Out of nowhere this became a common term on the internet. Whenever I go on facebook girls always write things like "LOL stupid lg's" and "wow, major lg alert!" and then about 29482304 people like their status. It's almost as if using that word has some sort of magical power that everyone loves to use. Plus all the girls that call younger girls "LGs" are probably "LGs" to people a year older than them. Same goes for the term "LB."

"Om nom nom." It's like that joke that'd been retold about a billion times even though it was never funny in the first place. Everyone says the same thing over and over again and it's not even funny anyways. I mean please, have some originality.

"Epic fail!" See my reasoning for om nom nom.

This is only about 1/2482749 of the fraction of things that annoy me. I'm a very calm person and when any of these things happen, I act calm but on the inside I'm furious. I usually try to hide it.

Last edited:
When somebody thinks they have power over me just because they deREP me.
When people think they can deREP me for making a typo.
For thinking that REPs matter, even though it is making a even deeper void in their thirst for satisfaction.
When people ignore my forum posts even though I said them three times.
When people try to get me mad just because they want to.
When rules against me do not apply against others, even though they are on a equal or lower level.
When people are about to deREP me for this post.

Kybyrian

When somebody thinks they have power over me just because they deREP me.
When people think they can deREP me for making a typo.
For thinking that REPs matter, even though it is making a even deeper void in their thirst for satisfaction.
When people ignore my forum posts even though I said them three times.
When people try to get me mad just because they want to.
When rules against me do not apply against others, even though they are on a equal or lower level.
When people are about to deREP me for this post.

You know, the reputation system is added in to help worse posters make better posts. Mases even said himself to use the reputation system to derep bad quality posters, as in those who often make too many spelling errors or otherwise make the thread/forum look bad. That includes posting the same thing three times in one thread, especially if it isn't needed. It also includes quadruple posting. I won't continue on you because it makes the forum look bad. I just hope you know that people are trying to make you a better poster if they keep derepping you so much. Use their comments to correct your mistakes, it's what the reputation system is for. I can hope that you learn a lesson from this and attempt to be a better poster to eliminate those who keep derepping you, and make them eat their words. You go. :) I hope you realize that I'm trying to help you with this post.

One of my pet peeves is people who think everybody has it out for them because a few simple comments are made.

Also, one of my pet peeves is whenever people don't put the ties back on the bread. That really gets on my nerves. Also when people interrupt me. People who dance and sing when they play video games or feel they need to jump around while doing it are nuts, too.

Last edited:
On the Internet: When people try to explain why their opinions is fact. I suppose these type of people do the same in real life but I haven't met any that meets that criteria.

In real life: When people say things that are simply untrue.

i hate it when people use internet phrases in real life. one girl in my class last year always used to say lmao whenever she laughed, i just wanted to yell at her to shut up. (i didn't though, i'd never hear the end of it)

another thing i hate is people wasting my time. life is short, so why should i let other people waste my time? i just want to do what i want and things CONSTANTLY get in the way of that. like other people who make me do things that i don't want to (like my mom forcing me to go places that i don't want to) and school (the biggest waste of time ever)

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
Another pet peeve of mine that is a major one for me is ignorance for Canadian culture. It really gets on my nerves when foreigners assume that we ride a moose to work or bathe in syrup or eat beaver for dinner. (exaggeration of course) We're really not like that. In fact, I've never seen a moose OR beaver in my life. Another thing is how people don't realize that Canada is the second largest country on Earth and that Canada is not freezing cold. In fact, right now the heat is scorching (and I live on the coast, where's it's cooler). One time my grandparents' taxi driver in Vegas heard that they were Canadians and he said "Wow, you might know my friend, he lives in Toronto." Canada has millions of people and he thinks it's a place where everyone knows each other.. I was also talking to this Australian on Omegle about the weather and he assumed it snowed all year round. He was shocked when I told him that where I live in Canada, it snows about 2 times a year and lasts for about a day before the rain turns it to slush the next day. He thought I was lying. It really annoys me. D: I know all the capitals of each state, why can't others learn something about us for once. :( I know it's not ALL people though.

Just a small tangent here, but I agree with Majora16. I went to candada this summer and it is nothing like people make it out to be. Well, it is cold for someone who is used to tripple digits, but still, it is nothing like what people make it out to be.

1: When ever people talk bad about Armenia for no reason.
1: When people over exdgerate canada.
2: When ever people confuse Armenins with Americans in text.
3: When ever people check back to see if I wrote Armenia and not America.
4: When ever people do not notice that I put two number 1s and check back to see if I did.

Valexi

Hylian Thief
One time my grandparents' taxi driver in Vegas heard that they were Canadians and he said "Wow, you might know my friend, he lives in Toronto." Canada has millions of people and he thinks it's a place where everyone knows each other.
Stereotypes quite frustrating, but I think this taxi driver was just making friendly conversation.
:P
The Stereotypes for Texas are quite bad as well. I was visiting Europe and struck up a conversation with some French people who assumed that there were no modern cities in Texas, and that it was all farmland and ranches.
Another bad stereotype are "Gurrrl gamers."
Apparently, whenever a female plays video games, that means that they're either doing it:
A) For attention
:cool: Because they're ugly
C) Because they're autistic crazy shut-ins
It got to the point where if anyone asks me my gender on an online game, I just tell them that I'm a 12 year old boy.
I'd rather have them think I'm a boy then listen to their constant badgering which distracts them from the game on hand.
Either way, I don't consider myself a "Gurrrl Gamer," I'm just a female who has a hobby of playing video games for entertainment.

Sterotypes are so irritating!
1: When ever people find out Armenia is in the Middle East, they assume that we are Muslum.
2: When ever people call the Genocide the "hollocost".
3: When ever people make fun of the Genocide. *Twitch*
4: When ever people assume all of Armenia is lenacansy.
5: When ever people ask what lenacansy means.
6: When ever people think everyone in Armenia dance and act like we did seventy years ago.
7: When ever people think Armenians are primitive.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Ah, Pet Peeves, I have a few.

One is cursing. And I'm not meaning like a cuss word every now and then. (Although that does irritate me as well and I'd rather not hear it either.) I mean having a cuss word as nearly every single word. I'd rather not hear any of that stuff. You can get your point perfectly across without having to use words such as those.

The second one is extreme PDA. I don't mind seeing someone kiss, hug, or holding hands their significant other in public, but when it turns into full-out make-out session, eh, no. If you want to do something like that, you can get a room and close the door. No one wants to see something like that happening in front/behind/beside them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom