• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Hamsters

Selda

Mysteries of the Deep
This Thread is for Sharing your Hamsters. I'll open it with mine. You don't have to post pitures. You just talk about them.

Hammy 3 026.jpg When we first got her! Unless nothing happens, it will be her birthday tomorrow. I think she's going to live for about 2 more years. Then sadly die..........So, :party: Korz! This is my Hamster and My Cousin holding her. He got to touch it after me.

My parents will not let me get anymore hamsters because the last one got loose during our vacation and consumed an entire cushion from our brand new couch!!

Oh, my mom was not a happy camper coming home... (we went camping).

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
The hamster thread seems to be more about people who don't have hamsters than people who do... XD

I remember that my class had two of them in sixth grade. But we were too loud and we scared them, so we must have given them away or something. I can't remember very well. Up until a few months ago, my parents were completely against having any kind of pet, so it's not likely I'll be getting one. D:

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
Although I do not have any hamsters currently, I did have a few in the past.

My first one was a gift from my grandma. Unfortunately I do not remember its name. My second one was a gift from a friend. We both named it Penelope from Hamtaro. x3 See somehow managed to escape her cage and we lost her. >_<;; I then got a third hamster named Snoozer (yes, another Hamtaro name), and he's no longer around. :(

I do not own hamsters, though when I was in kindergarten, we were considering getting one. But then one of my sister's friends had pet gerbils who had babies. So we got a gerbil instead. [I'm going to tell my stories anyways. Even though gerbils aren't hamsters.] He was a cinnamon gerbil and we named him Felix. He never really tamed well because we were so young, but he got really fat. After Felix, we got two more who were Felix Jr. and Max. We later found out that Felix Jr. was a girl and then she had babies. Six babies. Two brown ones--those both died, two gray ones, a white one and a tan one. We kept two, and gave two away. The two we gave away had babies and the poor people we gifted them to ended up with 44 gerbils.

It doesn't end there. The two we kept were in separate cages--because opposite genders. The gray one's name was Buckeye and he was mine. He was such an... accordion. I'm serious. He loved to be held like you would an accordion. The other one was a tan one. She was a girl, but we named her Tanner [she was my sister's]. She liked to bite me. I used to call her Hamtaro and then she got mad at me for it and bit me. ;c

After that bunch, we got little Scamper [he was my sister's]. He was a brown-and-white pied gerbil. Really cute. He loved exploring outside the cage. And then while we had Scamper, one of my friends gave me Gus. It's ironic, because she looked a lot like Tanner--and is also a girl gerbil with a boy's name. And she was a vicious one. She liked biting me for no reason. Haha...

After Scamper, my sister got Niblet. She was a black-and-white pied gerbil. And this gerbil had, like, ADHD or something. She would be the one who would come running along, crash into her water bottle and then decide she was thirsty and get a drink. And this gerbil liked to roll like a dog, too. After Gus died, I got the sweetie, Pilet. She was albino. And she was so precious. She never bit me. Ever. Such a huge step down from Gus. And then we got Caramel the same day as Pilet. Caramel was a cream-and-white pied gerbil. He was a funny little guy.

After Niblet and Pilet died, we got three more gerbils. Yes, Caramel was still alive then. These three are our current three. Nutmeg and Cinnamon, who are sisters and live together. There is something mentally wrong with Cinnamon, though. She is such a blob. And kind of... dull-witted for a gerbil, too. Poppie, a cute little brown gerbil, who lives separate from the sisters because she is from a different litter.

Gerbils are fun. Really, really fun. They have faces. So do hamsters, but... gerbils have tails. That aren't stumps. And they're furry tails. x3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom