• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Personal Changes in Hero Mode

So, I've been playing in Hero Mode lately, and one thing I've noticed is that my play style is very different in some respects this time around. There are things I never used to do that I do a lot now, and other's that I did all the time that don't feel fun or useful in Hard Mode. I think the best example is not worrying about my armor rating, and running around barefoot. I found that in my opening hours of the game, simply eschewing pants was the best solution. I've also been using the shield parry much more often against the lower level enemies, as opposed to the flurry rush. What changes in your own play have you noticed?

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I haven't started it yet, but I have it thoroughly planned out:

-No changing weapons during a fight
-No changing armor during a fight
-No eating during a fight
-No warping
-No selling items to merchants who don't carry that specific item (for example, I can only sell amber to a merchant who sells amber. But I can't sell amber to a merchant who doesn't sell me amber.)
-No Daruk's Protection
-No Mipha's Grace

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I avoid fights a lot more often. I also relied heavily on stealth strikes and drowning kills more often in the beginning. I also find myself focusing on one enemy at a time instead of building up damage on a bunch at once, since the latter is no longer effective because of the healing.

every enemy is harder to deal with. those camps can be tough as dog****. i harvest fairies from fountains after blood moons.. never did that before. master mode is pretty cool.

I took a fairly cautious approach before, and am continuing to do so in hero mode, so I haven't changed that much.
If anything, the only changes I'm really making are a result of knowing my way around now... picking up every Korok I can remember, visiting every shrine as I go, and avoiding as many enemies as possible.

I took a fairly cautious approach before, and am continuing to do so in hero mode, so I haven't changed that much.
If anything, the only changes I'm really making are a result of knowing my way around now... picking up every Korok I can remember, visiting every shrine as I go, and avoiding as many enemies as possible.
Interesting. For me, there's a lot of pickup stuff like seeds that I actually don't get even though I know they're there. I just feel too lazy to go out of my way to grab them. I have definitely noticed that I don't really wander and explore much in my second run, mostly because I already know what's there, so there's no fascination or motivation to do it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom