• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Personal adventures?

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
What's the most adventurous/funny story from your childhood?
I used to explore abandoned factories with my friends and one time we found a seafood factory which you could only gain access to by crawling through a small delivery hatch. You needed torches as there were no windows, so it was reminiscent of Silent Hill, especially with the peeling paint on the walls and the disused cooker big enough to fit multiple people in. And we could hear this banging upstairs. Being veteran building explorers we thought it was a pigeon and so carried on. The walls looked like they had been ripped open and doors were all industrial freezer doors which you had to pull a lever and slide open with two people. There wasn't a single window in the entire place. Eventually we walked upstairs towards this banging sound and we turned a corner to see this big guy with giant bolt cutters stealing copper pipes from the walls. Needless to say we made quite an abrupt exit after that and didn't go back for a good while.

Dan

That sounds awesome, I wished I went around exploring older buildings in my youth. I explored two, one of which was a creepy old cow farm that was no longer in use and falling apart. The second was indeed a factory, people had actually made it into a skate park on the lower floors. The factory was boarded up with metal but someone had made a small opening to get inside. Quite creepy on the upper levels, the factory had also been stripped quite a bit.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I found this really cool old run down house once. It was quite big. I was with my friend and we decided to go in and check it out. The doors were all locked, so we climbed in through a broken window.

From the outside it looked like crap, but from the inside it was a gorgeous Victorian Mansion (somewhat reminiscent of one I used to live in). You could tell it had been abandoned, but the inside was still in decently good shape. The grand staircase looked a little sketchy, as it had a bunch of cracks and stuff, but we went up anyway. The second floor was really boring though. Drywall had been peeled, there were holes in the walls, the floor had a bunch of cracks in it. We decided to stay up and see what we could find nonetheless. For the most part, we didn't find anything, but when we got to the master bedroom, we found some cool antiques. There was an old teapot, some old books, and a black and white photograph of a rich looking family. We left the stuff there, though, and went back downstairs.

Unfortunately, we didn't find anything else, since the house had been completely empty for probably at least 20 years or so. It was cool anyway though, exploring an old Victorian house and seeing all the grand decor.

I can't really think of anything else, I didn't really do much exploring as a kid (mostly because there wasn't much to explore).

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I've explored the site of an old processing plant or something like that. It was all overgrown and the site was in ruins, but I could make out what would've been a parking lot, supports for buildings, large vats, and rocks that may have been waste material. Apparently I heard that the place was shut down at least 40 years ago. I've been down there more recently and I've noticed that people have been using it for paintball and airsofting.

That's the only one that really stands out for me.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
Once a friend and I took a picnic to the top of a nearby mountain in the middle of the night in Winter. We got up there at 2AM and the moon was so bright it was almost like day time. On the way back we found out that the torch we brought doubled as a wind-up radio so we tuned in to classic FM and slid down the frozen road like we were ice skating and just ended up falling on our arses multiple times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom