• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Perhaps I'm crazy: A timeline theory from hell

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Different incarnations of Link appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Zelda appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Impa appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Tingle appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Malon appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Talon appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Ingo appear in different games.
Different incarnations of Koume and Kotake appear in different games

It's not proven that the twinrova from OoX is the same one from OoT. FSA shows that there was still a Gerudo tribe around by that time, so a new twinrova could have been born...

see youre talking like its a fact. FSA would only show this IF OoX goes on the adult timeline. and FSA is a new game whereas the other games are old games and make no references to the Gerudo tribe. i dont beleive OoX comes after FSA because i dont have them on the same timeline so how is that argument supposed to sway me? its also not proven that twinrova in OoX ARE NOT the same one so nice argument. the character incarnations you spoke of are regular beings who die as a normal being would EXCEPT for twinrova. if they were still alive in the child timeline and there was no one around to kill them in the child timeline and they never mention being reincarnated or dying previously in OoX then IMO OoX goes on the child timeline. youre not gonna change my mind.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Alright.

Twinrova is mainly yours (though can be explained in my timeline by the "We'll be back to haunt you" reference"). However, you have no way to explain the TRR references.

Explain those to me now.

Edit: Zemen what is your timeline?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Alright.

Twinrova is mainly yours (though can be explained in my timeline by the "We'll be back to haunt you" reference"). However, you have no way to explain the TRR references.

Explain those to me now.

Edit: Zemen what is your timeline?

basically the same as yours except i put OoX on the child timeline and i put MC and FS before OoT.

basically the same as yours except i put OoX on the child timeline and i put MC and FS before OoT.

so is it
................../-TWW/PH-FSA-LttP/LA-LoZ/AoL
TMC-FS-OoT
..................\MM-TP-OoX
??

I'll reply to the rest later, I'm short on time right now...

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
so is it
TMC-FS-OoT
??

I'll reply to the rest later, I'm short on time right now...

that is exactly what my timeline is. way to step up and actually put it on paper (or screen) for me, Smertios.

see youre talking like its a fact.

Sorry for that. I was just trying to point out that Twinrova from OoX isn't necessarily the same one from OoT.

FSA would only show this IF OoX goes on the adult timeline.

But there are no signs of the Gerudo anywhere in TP, whereas in TWW apparently there is a fortress that was previously inhabited by Gerudo (people told me that, but i'm not really sure, considering I never really played TWW).

So I believe it would work better as OoT/MM-OoX-TP for you in the CT.

and FSA is a new game whereas the other games are old games and make no references to the Gerudo tribe.

The oracles came after OoT. I didn't really understand your point.

i dont beleive OoX comes after FSA because i dont have them on the same timeline so how is that argument supposed to sway me? its also not proven that twinrova in OoX ARE NOT the same one so nice argument. the character incarnations you spoke of are regular beings who die as a normal being would EXCEPT for twinrova. if they were still alive in the child timeline and there was no one around to kill them in the child timeline and they never mention being reincarnated or dying previously in OoX then IMO OoX goes on the child timeline. youre not gonna change my mind.

I understand your logics there, but my point was that the devs use previous characters in new games. Not necessarily to show any timeline connections, but just to make the new games more comfortable to old players/fans...

that is exactly what my timeline is. way to step up and actually put it on paper (or screen) for me, Smertios.

I know. I have no idea who invented that kind of notation, but it is the best I've ever seen. It makes theorizing a lot easier...

And pretty interesting your timeline. Would you say that the Great Deku Tree plan of growing land worked in the end?? Or you believe that Link and Tetra found a new land and started a new kingdom?

Pinecove

Last Chance
He is neither a Daimaou nor Yami no Maou in TP.

Actually TP-OoX works perfectly for Ganon's titles as he IS Daimaou in the ending fight.......

TMC-FS-OoT

Alright I can connect with someone. I'm happy that ALttP is on your adlt timeline...now then.

Since I know you're not going to get rid of your MC-FS-OoT placement anytime soon I'll debate:

While I do admit this is tempting at first it can't work. In OoX before the fight against Ganon Twinrova puts Ganon's soul into a "yoshiro" which can be translated as "Vessel". The Vessel can not be Zelda as they are mentioned as two seperate objects. This leaves us with one option on what the Yoshiro is-The Trident.

The Trident in FSA has a soul sealed inside of it..........ergo OoX-FSA-ALttP.

So Instead of

/TWW/PH-FSA-ALttP/LA-LoZ/AoL
TMC-FS-OoT
\MM-TP

I'd put

/TWW/PH-OoX-FSA-ALttP/LA-LoZ/AoL
TMC-FS-OOT
\MM-TP

Actually TP-OoX works perfectly for Ganon's titles as he IS Daimaou in the ending fight.......
In the final fight? The one where only Link fought him? How would anyone actually know the title, then? Also, why would Ganon have that he is a Yami no Maou?
While I do admit this is tempting at first it can't work. In OoX before the fight against Ganon Twinrova puts Ganon's soul into a "yoshiro" which can be translated as "Vessel". The Vessel can not be Zelda as they are mentioned as two seperate objects. This leaves us with one option on what the Yoshiro is-The Trident.
Whoa, whoa whoa. Saying that there are only 2 possible things is just false. Zelda isn't the Yorishiro because they failed to sacrifice her. So if the trident is the Yorishiro what does that blue flame with eyes represent? Right before Twinrova becomes Ganon black shadows start coming around Twinrova. Then Twinrova turns into a blue flame with eyes. Which then turns into Ganon.

Tell me what it represents if it isn't Ganon's soul.

Btw now you don't have to search LA for the translations. I made a translations thread in mysteries of Zelda. I only have the OoX translations so far. But I figure they're the most important translations we ever got. Those and the FSA translations.
Jumbie didn't translate it like that. Prime Blue did. I believe Jumbie just said it was a weapon.

Pinecove

Last Chance
In the final fight? The one where only Link fought him? How would anyone actually know the title, then? Also, why would Ganon have that he is a Yami no Maou?

Beats me. Why did they know he was Daimoau after OoT?

Whoa, whoa whoa. Saying that there are only 2 possible things is just false. Zelda isn't the Yorishiro because they failed to sacrifice her. So if the trident is the Yorishiro what does that blue flame with eyes represent? Right before Twinrova becomes Ganon black shadows start coming around Twinrova. Then Twinrova turns into a blue flame with eyes. Which then turns into Ganon.

Exaclty. The Sacrifice and the Yoshiro can NEVER be the same thing.

Jumbie says that it's a dark device.

My translations go to "Vessel of darkness" or "Soul container"

Beats me. Why did they know he was Daimoau after OoT?
Good point.
Exaclty. The Sacrifice and the Yoshiro can NEVER be the same thing.
1) Proof plz 2) Your point?

You never explained what the blue flame with eyes represented. Ganon's body is obviously the Yorishiro.

Yeah a dark device. Phantom Ganon's trident from OoT is a dark device.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Sorry for that. I was just trying to point out that Twinrova from OoX isn't necessarily the same one from OoT.

But there are no signs of the Gerudo anywhere in TP, whereas in TWW apparently there is a fortress that was previously inhabited by Gerudo (people told me that, but i'm not really sure, considering I never really played TWW).

So I believe it would work better as OoT/MM-OoX-TP for you in the CT.

The oracles came after OoT. I didn't really understand your point.

I understand your logics there, but my point was that the devs use previous characters in new games. Not necessarily to show any timeline connections, but just to make the new games more comfortable to old players/fans...

I know. I have no idea who invented that kind of notation, but it is the best I've ever seen. It makes theorizing a lot easier...

And pretty interesting your timeline. Would you say that the Great Deku Tree plan of growing land worked in the end?? Or you believe that Link and Tetra found a new land and started a new kingdom?

let me set you straight here. the Gerudo were not the previous residents of the forsaken fortress. the exact in game quote by tetra states that it was a rival pirates crew hideout until monsters took it over.

as for the rest of the posts, ive never researched these strange names or titles of ganondorf so i do not have replies at this time.

Pinecove

Last Chance
1) Proof plz

The sacrifice forms the body.

2) Your point?

My point is that Zelda was never the intended Yoshiro.

You never explained what the blue flame with eyes represented. Ganon's body is obviously the Yorishiro.

The blue flame is obviosly Ganon being revived. It's Twinrova sacrificing herself to give Ganon a body.

Yeah a dark device. Phantom Ganon's trident from OoT is a dark device.

You're becoming more trollish by the day.....Phantom Ganon's trident isn't even shaped like the Trident from OoX and FSA, plus the fact that it disapered when he died...

as for the rest of the posts, ive never researched these strange names or titles of ganondorf so i do not have replies at this time.

It's quite simple really.....

In OoT, TWW, TP and LoZ Ganon is known as Daimoau. In OoX Twinrova revives him as a Daimoau but end up with him proclaiming himself a Yami no maou. In FSA and ALttP he is a Yami no maou.

Period.

You're becoming more trollish by the day.....Phantom Ganon's trident isn't even shaped like the Trident from OoX and FSA, plus the fact that it disapered when he died...
I was joking. And, yeah, I've been feeling a little off lately.
My point is that Zelda was never the intended Yoshiro.
I'm not saying that Zelda was the intended Yorishiro. I'm saying that the Yorishiro was supposed to be the body created by sacrificing Zelda.
The blue flame is obviosly Ganon being revived. It's Twinrova sacrificing herself to give Ganon a body.
The blue flame is also just like the flames of grief ruin and... (can't remember the third). It seems to obviously represent Ganon's soul to me.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I was joking. And, yeah, I've been feeling a little off lately.

...oh. Yeah don't worry about it dude. We'll get through this eventually.

I'm not saying that Zelda was the intended Yorishiro. I'm saying that the Yorishiro was supposed to be the body created by sacrificing Zelda.

.......that actually makes sence. I still say that it's the Trident now that FSA has been released however.

The blue flame is also just like the flames of grief ruin and... (can't remember the third). It seems to obviously represent Ganon's soul to me.

Sorrow?
Despair?
Darkness?

It might. Weather it does or not is a matter of personal interpretation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom