• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

People Making Fun of You for Playing Certain Games.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
my friends like to tease me for loving the classic megaman series so much. but if im going to play any shooter id rather play that than CoD or halo. its more fun and the music is great, espessially the first 3 and solar and chillman's themes in 10.
they laugh at me for playing trauma center too but only cause im absolutly horrible at it.

T

thefourthsword

For me one of my friends hates nintendo but mostly zelda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
When I was little, I was constantly getting made fun of for liking Pokemon. Ugh. It was just horrible. Like...I could never get a break. They would constantly insult me. Lucking they've grown up. Yay for high school! :)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I told my stepdad the x-box 360 is the least durable game system and said "It has better graphics." and then I said "Just wait for the Wii U."

He's should tell you "just wait til the next XBOX". And anyway, it's not about the graphics, it's about what the system can offer. Nintendo always goes for less power but can do wonders with it. They also give you an innovative way to play and also give you amazing games. XBOX on the other hand can handle better graphics and other things that makes it what it is. So it should never be a competition. It's all about the different experience. Otherwise, what would be the point of multiple consoles?

Sorry for being off topic.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well I get this all the time I been made fun of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Mario,and really f****** Metriod and they keep telling me you should really play CoD and I am not that person of a shooting game I only play Metriod even its kinda of a shooting game but not just that, I only like a adventure/action person to video games really

N

Ness199X

I remember being teased about playing Pokemon a lot. However, it was only two boys and they backed off by the end of the school year.

I get made fun of all the time for playing certain games. I'm an avid gamer who likes video games spanning many genres. But my two favorite genres, Adventure and (J)RPGs, can often lead to me getting me the stink eye from my peers and relatives alike.

For instance, I get made fun of for playing Zelda, because it's considered "too geeky." Also, I'm a huge fan of fighting games - a quintessentially more male-oriented "macho" genre - yet I'm still pestered for playing games such as "BlazBlue" and "Guilty Gear," because they are essentially lesser known niche titles that both feature a cast of "oddball characters" and some other "unique aspects." Heck basically, they're "NOT Streetfighter blahblahblah...!"

More:

I was totally made fun of for playing the Kingdom Hearts (KH) series, especially when I was caught playing the Little Mermaid stage in KHII, which could not be avoided, as it was necessary for a 100% completion. I was called "a girl" because of this...:dry:

Then there was also the JRPG, Final Fantasy X-2, which featured a cast of 3 protagonists that just so happen to be females who can change outfits and accessories "dress-spheres" in the heat of battle. Some of these "dress-spheres" seemed a bit "suspect" as my aunt calls it. They include the "Floral Flalal", "Songstress", and the most :suspicious: of them all, "Lady Luck". It also may not have helped much that most of my relatives thought the name of this game was "Finally Fantastic" :shake: I received so many raised eyebrows over this game to the point of people thinking I was gay...

...but we'll just save that story for another day. (Um...rhyming not intended):yes:

Not really, just not liking / playing more popular games like CoD or whatever. They play them and buy them like Zombies, even thoguh they say it's just the same basic thing. They literally just take everything from the previous game, change names, locaiton, time, etc, and say " Brand New!"
Even though it's blindingly obvious, most people still disagree, if they play it.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
I get made fun of all the time for playing certain games. I'm an avid gamer who likes video games spanning many genres. But my two favorite genres, Adventure and (J)RPGs, can often lead to me getting me the stink eye from my peers and relatives alike.

For instance, I get made fun of for playing Zelda, because it's considered "too geeky." Also, I'm a huge fan of fighting games - a quintessentially more male-oriented "macho" genre - yet I'm still pestered for playing games such as "BlazBlue" and "Guilty Gear," because they are essentially lesser known niche titles that both feature a cast of "oddball characters" and some other "unique aspects." Heck basically, they're "NOT Streetfighter blahblahblah...!"

More:

I was totally made fun of for playing the Kingdom Hearts (KH) series, especially when I was caught playing the Little Mermaid stage in KHII, which could not be avoided, as it was necessary for a 100% completion. I was called "a girl" because of this...:dry:

Then there was also the JRPG, Final Fantasy X-2, which featured a cast of 3 protagonists that just so happen to be females who can change outfits and accessories "dress-spheres" in the heat of battle. Some of these "dress-spheres" seemed a bit "suspect" as my aunt calls it. They include the "Floral Flalal", "Songstress", and the most :suspicious: of them all, "Lady Luck". It also may not have helped much that most of my relatives thought the name of this game was "Finally Fantastic" :shake: I received so many raised eyebrows over this game to the point of people thinking I was gay...

...but we'll just save that story for another day. (Um...rhyming not intended):yes:
grr, I was made fun of KH as well I hate it when people don't play the games and hate it, I got one my friends into KH to be exacted.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
I've been made fun of once or twice for playing Zelda, but I just ignored them. But those people just tell me to play Call of Duty or Halo. The only shooter games that I like are Metroid and Resident Evil. Both of those games are shooter and have some Action/Adventure in them.

Well I get this all the time I been made fun of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Mario,and really f****** Metriod and they keep telling me you should really play CoD and I am not that person of a shooting game I only play Metriod even its kinda of a shooting game but not just that, I only like a adventure/action person to video games really
Someone made fun of you for playing Metroid?:S People can be so biassed . They will never play the game but will make fun of it because of the way it looks. I have a friend who makes fun of me for playing Sonic. He says that only kids play it and all you do is run. There are people in their 20's and 30's who play Sonic and if you say that all you do in Sonic games is run, then they should play the Modern Sonic games from SA1 to Colors. Even in the Genesis games, there was more platforming platforming than running and don't forget about the water levels. If there is a cartoon based off of the game, then they will judge the cartoon without playing the game.

MightyGhirahim

WORSHIP ME!!!
First thing first, I am a giant fan of both Zelda and CoD, I am the only person I know that does that. Although the games are in very different categories I still like them. Now I would like to respond to Bluelink
Not really, just not liking / playing more popular games like CoD or whatever. They play them and buy them like Zombies, even thoguh they say it's just the same basic thing. They literally just take everything from the previous game, change names, locaiton, time, etc, and say " Brand New!"
Even though it's blindingly obvious, most people still disagree, if they play it.
I am not trying to be mean, but that is not exactly the truth. I do not think every new CoD game is just another version of the games before it. For example look at the first CoD, now look at BO. But maybe I'm brainwashed, who knows D:

Big Octo

=^)
I told my stepdad the x-box 360 is the least durable game system and said "It has better graphics." and then I said "Just wait for the Wii U."
As an Xbox user can tell you, the Xbox 360 has had HD graphics for a long time, and it's only getting better. The WiiU will have the same, if not, worse, graphics as the Xbox 360.

Anyway, I'm not made fun of much because I play a good mix of Xbox 369 and Nintendo games. A rare combination, at least on this site.

Garo

Boy Wonder
First thing first, I am a giant fan of both Zelda and CoD, I am the only person I know that does that. Although the games are in very different categories I still like them. Now I would like to respond to Bluelink

I am not trying to be mean, but that is not exactly the truth. I do not think every new CoD game is just another version of the games before it. For example look at the first CoD, now look at BO. But maybe I'm brainwashed, who knows D:

Look at CoD 1-3. Generic WW2 shooter, all of them.

Then look at CoD 4-8. Generic modern day shooter, all of them.

4 broke the mold and was a decent game. The rest are complacent to remain the exact same game every year, splitting the fanbase, forcing everybody to buy the new one if they want to have a lot of people to play online with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom