• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen's Music Endeavours

Pen

The game is on!
Hi there! Many of you probably already know that I make music when time allows it. I've been sharing new songs I make through my blogs until now but I've decided to share my future songs here in this thread instead so that I have it all gathered in one place (and so that those who wish to can follow the thread and get notifications ;)).

I'm currently working on recording a new song that should be up on Sunday. So in this first post of my music thread I figured I'd share four of the songs that I'm personally the proudest of; one of which I've never shared on ZD before but I'll get to that in a bit.

The first song I'm sharing is one I made in 2016. It's a relatively laid back instrumental piano piece that also uses a variety of synthesisers and other instruments. I made this one as part of a video game project at the university I attended for two years. ^^

The second song that I'm sharing in this post was also written in 2016, but I didn't record it until 2018. It's not instrumental so it's got my vocals in it. My sister actually wrote these lyrics and gave to me, and then I composed the music around that.

The third song is another instrumental one. I made this one last summer, and recording it was probably the hardest I've ever rocked out lol. I wrote it for an Attack on Titan podcast that I host so I took inspiration from Linked Horizon's opening songs from the anime to achieve a similar vibe in my song.

And last but not least, another song I made last summer, but this is the one I didn't share here on ZD before. It's one of several rap songs I've been making on a separate channel since 2018. The Liquid Cocaine project - as we call it - is mostly me, but sometimes in collaboration with other lyricists and vocalists. It's first a foremost a parody rap project that uses a lot of immature humour just to be silly. This specific song I'm sharing is probably one of the milder ones, and musically my favourite. It combines the rap genre with the old spaghetti western music genre in a pretty fun way.

There we go! My music thread is now started. As I said before I'll keep updating this thread with any new songs I make. For anyone who's interested I'll leave direct links to my two music projects below, Leon Morris (where I do more serious/down to earth type music) and Liquid Cocaine (where I got my Big Daddy Swede rap persona). ^^

Leon Morris (YouTube): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi5UFn16fuD2n543n1wpR1g
Leon Morris (SoundCloud): https://soundcloud.com/leon_morris
Liquid Cocaine TV: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbqQSs50D4n0Yk2loSZ6mNw

Pen

The game is on!
Here's a new songs that's been in the making since the beginning of this year. I wrote the lyrics in January and then talked to my sister about it. We decided that she would write music for the lyrics that I had written. When she was done she recorded herself on her phone pretty simply singing and playing the chords on acoustic guitar to show me what the music sounded like at the core. Then, over the past week or so I've been arranging and recording the song in a style I wanted to make. It's been a really fun challenge. Hope you like it! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
It's been a hot minute since I last uploaded a new song, but a few days ago I finished working on a new version of Anyone, the previous song I made and that I shared in the post right above. This was my first time reworking the instrumentation and arrangement of a previous song of mine, so that was a fun experience. This new version is instrumental, and I think I was able to bring another kind of catchy to the song. I hope you enjoy! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
It's been too long since I shared a new song, but here's one! It's a bit of a mixed bag in terms of instrumentation, but I had a lot of fun with it and I'm personally quite happy with how it turned out. I made this song with the intention of using parts of it as opening and closing jingles in my podcast episodes where we talk about a bunch of different manga series. The first episodes with this song in it just aired today! In case anyone's curious, the podcast is called Umami Manga. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new song of mine! :)

MasterSooga987

D&D Lover
It's been too long since I shared a new song, but here's one! It's a bit of a mixed bag in terms of instrumentation, but I had a lot of fun with it and I'm personally quite happy with how it turned out. I made this song with the intention of using parts of it as opening and closing jingles in my podcast episodes where we talk about a bunch of different manga series. The first episodes with this song in it just aired today! In case anyone's curious, the podcast is called Umami Manga. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this new song of mine! :)

You made these that's really cool

Reactions: Pen

Pen

The game is on!
I just managed to get one more song out before the end of the year! This is probably less of a proper "song" than my other work though. It's more of an ambient soundscape with no real melody. But I had a lot of fun making this piece since it's so different compared to my usual stuff. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Pen

The game is on!
Hey there! It's been a while. Today I'm here to share something a bit different compared to my usual stuff. Since early on this year I've been collaborating with a friend of mine to record, arrange and produce some songs that she has written. We released this one in July. It's her composition, but I lead the whole production process of it. It's been a lot of fun to work this way! Other than producing and arranging this song, I'm also playing the guitars in it. When it came time to make a video for it, I came up with the idea to try to make it into a casual "home-made" video featuring some friends in the late 60s/early70s just having a good time together, so that's what we ended up making. To those who are interested, I'm the guy with the purple shirt and long hair in the music video, and the singer/composer of the song is the girl wearing the large jeans jacket. Hope you enjoy! We were very proud of this one! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
I managed to get a new song out before the end of the year! I made this one entirely within the month of December, and I'm very glad I managed to get it done in time before the new year! I hope you enjoy it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom