• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen's Manga Podcast - Umami Manga

Pen

The game is on!
I just realised I forgot to update this thread with the two podcast episodes that we did before the most recent one. Coincidentally it's fitting that I share both of these episodes now in the same post, since the manga we talk about in those episodes are made by the same guy, Makoto Yukimura. ^^

First up we got Planetes, a four volume long series from the late 90s/early 00s, that we covered in a single discussion episode. We were lucky to have @DekuNut join us as a guest for this one! This manga has a pretty grounded sci-fi story about the importance of love, and we had a blast talking about it! :pikalove:

Next we talked about the newest Vinland Saga book. This series has steadily become my favourite manga of all time - probably even my favourite story from any medium to be honest. It's set during the viking age and deals with messages such as anti-violence and redemption in a beautiful way. It depicts a physical and a spiritual journey unlike anything else I've seen, and this book had an especially strong effect on me. :)

Pen

The game is on!
Last month we did our first attempt at our own anime awards! There may be room for improvement, but we had a lot of fun making it and getting to praise some of our favourite stuff from 2022. I hope to do it again in a year to acknowledge this year's anime! :)

Pokémaniac13

Triforce Champion
Last month we did our first attempt at our own anime awards! There may be room for improvement, but we had a lot of fun making it and getting to praise some of our favourite stuff from 2022. I hope to do it again in a year to acknowledge this year's anime! :)

Just curious: why didn’t Spy x Family just win all of the awards?

Pen

The game is on!
In our most recent podcast episode we discussed volume 7 of Frieren: Beyond Journey's End. It's a beautiful fantasy story with unique perspectives and a cozy pace that brilliantly conveys the melancholy feeling of recalling one's past.

Pen

The game is on!
This week on the podcast we're back on Asadora! Even though we're only four volumes in so far, this has become such a special story to me. Easily one of my all-time favourite manga. If you're into historical fiction with a splash of the supernatural and mysteries added to it, then I strongly recommend this one. :)

Pen

The game is on!
On the podcast this week we're covering the most recent volume of the Spy × Family manga! The anime adaptation of it started last year, and became a massive hit! The manga is a bit further ahead in the story, and it keeps on delivering fantastic and wholesome content. Check it out if you haven't, and give our podcast a listen if you'd like! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
I'm so excited to talk about another volume of Kaguya-sama: Love is War! It always feels like a big event whenever a new volume of this series comes around. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say we're at a point in the story that's incredibly exciting. The end is nigh! :D

Pen

The game is on!
In today's podcast episode we discuss the most recent volume of To Your Eternity, one of my top three favourite manga series of all time! It's a brilliant and melancholic fantasy epic written and illustrated by the same mangaka who did A Silent Voice. I strongly recommend it! :)

Pen

The game is on!
We're back on Jujutsu Kaisen this week on the podcast! I'm finding myself enjoying my read of this manga more the further into it we get, and from what I've heard we're nearly caught up to where season 1 of the anime adaptation ended, so I look forward to watching that eventually! ^^

Pen

The game is on!
We're putting all the long running series aside for this week to focus on a shorter manga told in a single volume. The Gods Lie is a beautiful little slice of life story about a boy and a girl, and a summer break they spend together. ^^

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I just realised I forgot to update this thread with the two podcast episodes that we did before the most recent one. Coincidentally it's fitting that I share both of these episodes now in the same post, since the manga we talk about in those episodes are made by the same guy, Makoto Yukimura. ^^

First up we got Planetes, a four volume long series from the late 90s/early 00s, that we covered in a single discussion episode. We were lucky to have @DekuNut join us as a guest for this one! This manga has a pretty grounded sci-fi story about the importance of love, and we had a blast talking about it! :pikalove:

Next we talked about the newest Vinland Saga book. This series has steadily become my favourite manga of all time - probably even my favourite story from any medium to be honest. It's set during the viking age and deals with messages such as anti-violence and redemption in a beautiful way. It depicts a physical and a spiritual journey unlike anything else I've seen, and this book had an especially strong effect on me. :)

Where should I start reading after Season 2?

Pen

The game is on!
Continuing with the second volume of Oshi no Ko this week! The story is starting to dive a little deeper into the dark side of the entertainment industry in this one, and it's so good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom