• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pendio's Short Stories

Pen

The game is on!
Hey there! In this thread I will post various random short stories that I write. Here's the first one. I hope you enjoy!

Possessive Obsessive Monologue

Everything is Anneli’s fault. What the hell am I doing here? What the **** have I done to deserve this?

I awoke with a bit of a hangover after all the wine I’d been drinking the night before, and I got in a hurry as usual so I had my morning candy in the car on my way to work, which is about 500 meters away. My four sons, who were all at home tidying the villa when I left, waved goodbye and wished me good luck on my last working day before retirement. Oh how I despise how much they remind me of their fathers! When I was there and had stepped out of my car I smoked a cigaret before I went into the jewelry store which resulted in me arriving five minutes after I should have started. This was far from the first time I’d been late. My colleague Anneli who was already standing behind the counter asked me completely innocently why I was late to work, and I explained clearly to her that it was none of her business.

During that whole working day I kept my eyes on a very specific piece of gold jewelry that I knew was the most valuable object we had in the store, perhaps even the most valuable trinket we’d ever had on sale. I was hoping dearly that no posh geek would pass by to purchase that piece of jewelry before the working day was over. My last working day. Anneli and I had a good deal of customers during the day, but none of them seemed to have money enough to buy the trinket that I was desperately overwatching. Each time when there were no customers in the store I slipped my hand in under the counter to grab myself a fistfull of candy, and Anneli tried to continuously start some new and contrived conversation with me about the sunny weather or about her happy little family in an apartment down south. I just sneered to myself as I once again filled my hand with candy that I shoved into my mouth.

The customers kept going in and out of the store all day, but the pretty gold trinket that I kept my eyes fixated on remained on its piece of velvet cloth in the showcase. When it was ten minutes left before closing time I couldn’t wait any longer, and since Anneli was in the bathroom at the time I took my chance. I walked up to the showcase containing the almost priceless piece of gold jewelry, opened its glass door, and quickly grabbed the trinket and placed it safely in the inside pocket of my jacket. The second after I shut the door to the showcase again Anneli came back into the room. She didn’t seem to have noticed anything, so I told her I had to leave a few minutes earlier today. She just stood there with her irritating smile and said that it was cool.

When I went out and got in my car I was thinking of the previous times when I had stolen valuable jewels from the store. This was the fifth, and sadly also the last time I could do this since I would no longer be working in the jewelry store, but I thought this theft had gone just as well as all the previous ones. Nobody noticed anything! I lit a cigaret that I started smoking in my car as the traffic was slowing down my trip home. After my most recent theft I’d been able to blame it all on my ex colleague, Mårten, who went to jail for that. Now I had committed my last theft, and I could now sell this amazingly valuable piece of jewelry to get even more money. Had it not been for the money I got for my previously stolen goods I would have never been able to afford all the luxury that I’ve acquired. I’m worth it all. This car, my big villa, and all the clothes and shoes that I have back home. When I got home I saw a police car outside of my villa. I stepped out of my car, somewhat confused and somewhat nervous. That was when two men dressed in police uniforms swiftly rushed up to me. Everything is Anneli’s fault.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom