• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
What the actual fk..
K I'm caught up, and didn't jot any notes down. Just off the cuff:

ExLight - Nothing of huge substance recently. Could not commit when asked what they preferred, an extension or lynch when I asked earlier. But has remained committed to a read-list posted earlier by switching vote to Rag. I generally disagree with the idea of motivating a weak doctor, if Fig is being honest.

Morbid Minish - Nothing AI. Her and mine stance on extensions, esp D1 are the same. I don't agree with focusing so hard on meta-reads though.

Fig - Null. Not a fan of appealing to emotion, but its not particularly a scum tell especially with the weak doc claim. I think Rag asked about safe-claims and tbh even without safeclaims, theres more than enough roles in previous games by Pen to choose a weak roll and use it as a fake.

Fext - Null. Not a whole lot of trust-building going on.

A Link In Time - Seems to be going with the flow, but not in a bad way. Just not leading any conversation but asking questions to provide clarity and providing his own thoughts in the process. Town lean.

Kirino - Quality to the posts, but besides the extension voting, though the posts are a little non-commital in the beginning. The vote on Chevy seems to follow after an extension was voted for. Seems like the real play from Kirino started at this point. The posts before seem to be conjecture and Kirino developing reads.

ChevyWerewolf30 - Where are you? I agree his play is different than the past two games I played with him, but I'm not a huge fan of relying just on meta. But its D1, we could have worse lynches.

Storm - What up, bb?

---
Can we get a vote slave, @Pen for when you're not here? Also votecount if you are here rn.
---

As for the current game state, I'm not convinced on Chevy being scum. Storms never (read: always) a good target.

PK: The vote for Chevy seemed opportunistic while masqueraded as his second highest scum read. PK could be scum looking for an easy mislynch. Call me paranoid, but I can see this as a move by scum even if Chevy is scum (easy bus). Basically I don't trust the post, or motive for voting.
That and not fully reading why KJ is more of a town-lean has me thinking he was just looking for easy targets, one with no votes to cast as his first choice, and then the biggest-wagon to present as his second-choice.

Vote: ParanoidKing

actively trying to avoid putting anybody as null gives me the following

Towncore
ExLight
- haven't re-evaluated recently, but at almost every point I can see where ExLight is coming from and he just feels really open and honest
Ragnarokio - although they haven't done much, what they have matches their self-described approach to the game, and there are a few notable moments of pure towniness that I just can't shake

Townread
Morbid Minish
- moves up to town if Chevy flips scum, but has seemed pretty reasonable without seeming overly stiff as if they're hiding something and is consistently pushing discussion along when she's around
Kirino - as with Minish, moves up if Chevy is scum, but either way has a good content/postcount ratio and their pop-ins have felt natural
Seanzie - Don't like how he's been handling certain parts of the day, kinda feels like stifling conversation, but I'm pretty convinced at the moment that's just a blunt personality rather than being scum - will re-evaluate overnight to be sure

Townlean
Killjoy262
- Still kinda feel like something is off here, but Ex and MM both trust him so I'll follow that
A Link In Time - I honestly think this is probably slightly above
Fig - feels like I should be able to find this as stronger town, but I can't! Probably a failing on my part. If they get a heal off that'll put those fears to rest.

Null
Viral Maze
- gonna need to see what he posts after catching up, but nothing here I actively dislike as of yet

Scumlean
Storm
- I really really really didn't like the way he was the only person around for the scheduled end of day time who clearly did not care what ended up happening. I also think him transitioning to locking onto Chevy seems like an easy path for mafia to take while town might be more critical.
DekuNut - Might need to re-evaluate if Chevy flips town, but I don't like a few things they've done (push the idea I'm lying about my experience, completely drop a train of thought in post editing, transitioning to Rag who I think is town over Chevy while saying they'd "need to read my case later," etc.) and I think they could easily be his partner for it
Paranoid King - in hindsight the way he assumed I was mafia but tempered his vote with "oh well there could be some weird role interactions" feels worse than I originally gave it credit for, and much like storm I think just ceding to voting Chevy is an easy path to take. I also don't really see where their readslist comes from, and I feel like 898 is pretty close to the "what do you want from me?" and "why me?" questions that are scum like 95% of the time in ToS

Scumread
ChevyWerewolf30
- I hope him disappearing isn't a health issue or anything serious, but I really think the way he acted early on showed a distinct lack of cognitive consistency between how he described feeling about the day and how he actually felt about the day, and I think that was reflected in his overly forced readslist posted out of defensiveness

PK: The vote for Chevy seemed opportunistic while masqueraded as his second highest scum read. PK could be scum looking for an easy mislynch. Call me paranoid, but I can see this as a move by scum even if Chevy is scum (easy bus). Basically I don't trust the post, or motive for voting.
I agree with this sentiment

think Viral's post is reasonable enough given his prior statements

so yeah I guess that means my first four kills would be Chevy/PK/Deku/Storm atm

which is where the fact that at least PK exists means I think he may be better left for tomorrow

anyways casual reminder that Vigs and TIs shouldn't overlap

Vig pool should probably be people like PK/Deku who haven't posted a lot and so being cleared won't help a ton on future days

Investigative pool should probably be people like Storm/Seanzie who could be great assets if cleared

you don't need to stick to my specific names but try to avoid shooting a higher activity player as a vig and investigating a lower-activity one as a TI, at least for night one, to prevent any overlap

yeah he should be in theory

probably gonna hammer if nobody objects reasonably quickly

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
which is where the fact that at least PK exists means I think he may be better left for tomorrow

anyways casual reminder that Vigs and TIs shouldn't overlap

Vig pool should probably be people like PK/Deku who haven't posted a lot and so being cleared won't help a ton on future days

Investigative pool should probably be people like Storm/Seanzie who could be great assets if cleared

you don't need to stick to my specific names but try to avoid shooting a higher activity player as a vig and investigating a lower-activity one as a TI, at least for night one, to prevent any overlap
I'd be fine with a PK vig.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
I like the read list btw @Fext
Dont agree with it all, but I put you down as null for not building trust yet, but having your reads out in the open helps.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
EBDP

I like the read list btw @Fext
Dont agree with all of it, but I put you down as null for not building trust yet, but having your reads out in the open helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom