• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

then we know there's a scum roleblocker or you're lying about it

what would be worse is if they didn't RB you and the chance of me not being healed went through

but frankly for scum who are down a member I think they need the kill more than they need your role to not be confirmed
Now, let's say I DO target Fig tonight, There's a high chance he won't live past N1(no offense Fig just an example), He won't be able to use that buff N2 to keep you alive(with the off chance you live that long). How will that confirm or deny either one of us?

Reactions: Fig

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i still think it makes more sense for killjoy to not disclose his target so that the mafia won't know who is being empowered. extra night actions are really good for town and in theory it'll be trivial for them to kill or roleblock people when they have two nights notice to do so.

unless Chevy flips scum roleblocker

which, if he's scum, has like a 1/3 chance of happening if you're all so sure scum would have one

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
@Viral Maze we probably gonna be ending day soon, one way or another

any final thoughts? I think everybody else has gotten a word in after the extension except Chevy
I'm on post 500ish, when Fig hard claimed. I'm just trying to catch up rn but feel free to tag me if you want something, i'll notice when i click on the next page.

you've got a ways to go and I'd rather you give some general thoughts on things you have seen before trying to read half of the game lol @Viral Maze

so yeah if you could just give a short list of who you think is town and who you think is scum with like a very short reason of why that'd be great

shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes for you to post it at most (and in fact please don't let it take longer)

if you end up disagreeing with where you're at when you've fully caught up then you can just explain why and it'll make your life easier when you're up to speed too :)

If a mafia roleblocker roleblocks Fig and I die, then that means we know there's exactly a mafia roleblocker or Fig is lying. Approximately same for if you're blocked.

Roles that can mess with this:
1. Roleblocker
2. Ninja (has strongarm ability)
3. 3p roleblocker
4. the plant (strongarm ability)
5. the Grim Reaper (roleblock ability)
6. Hellhound (strongarm ability)
7. Sadist (roleblock ability)

There is NOT A SINGLE GAME listed in Pen's list of roles that didn't have at least one of these roles, many have two of these in the same game. You can bet your bottom dollar this game has at least one of these roles. We will NOT know which of these roles messed with the plan if we were to enact the plan.

Kinda sucks that it happened but I don't think "it might not work as planned" is valid justification to throw out the whole thing when at least we'd still get info either way, it's still way better to have the Mafia spend resources on blocking this plan then it would be to let them roleblock, say, a Sheriff, and the upside is we're guaranteed to not accidentally boost a Mafia unless they have some kinda Transporter, which would be REALLY good to know!

"It might not work as planned" might as well be "It will only work as planned if mafia wants it to". They could have a strongarm and a roleblocker, in which case they can just kill you and still have a chance of roleblocking a cop. Also, we aren't "guaranteed" to not accidentally boost a mafia. You aren't clear, and you should step back and try to view the game from a perspective where you don't have TMI on yourself when trying to devise a plan if you want other people to agree to it.

You've made your case, and you continually pushing it while not responding to the fact that it is easily preventable, or the fact that mafia knowing town's plans gives them an edge because they can plan around it, is starting to get annoying and IMO is hurting threadhealth. If Killjoy and Fig decide your plan has merit, they will act accordingly.

You aren't clear, and you should step back and try to view the game from a perspective where you don't have TMI on yourself when trying to devise a plan if you want other people to agree to it.
this plan is for a world where Chevy has flipped Mafia

if you would like to argue I am not clear in that world feel free to do so but I think that will be hard to do

There's also the "Double my night kill" plan you want desperately.

1. there are, at the very least, 2 roles with such. Vig and the Mafia one(can't remember which one it was right off). I don't feel comfortable taking that kind of risk this early on.

2. Even if I did take the chance to assume you're vig, how certain are you with the chance you'd hit scum at least once?

I'm not a vig nor have I ever claimed to be?

Also I asked Pen and the factional kill isn't affected by Guitarist, so my fears about scum getting an extra kill have been laid to rest

feel free to point me towards the Mafia version of vig that would still be affected but like if you see two extra kills on N2 then you just know it's me and that means you're down to only one more to find - much like how Bodyguard dying to save their target is good for town, that 1-for-1 trade of the extra kill for my life helps town more than it could possibly help the hypothetical scum version of myself

this plan is for a world where Chevy has flipped Mafia

if you would like to argue I am not clear in that world feel free to do so but I think that will be hard to do

Here is an argument: I can't see your rolecard. Therefore, you aren't clear to me.

Now, REALIZE you have TMI on yourself. You aren't clear. You won't be clear if Chevy flips red. You'll be a strong townread of many people, but there is this thing... called bussing. Or if you want, even Hellbussing. I know you're new to forum mafia, so let me know if that is something you learned in ToS or not. If those terms are familiar to you, then you should know that you aren't clear and won't be clear in everyone's minds. If those terms aren't familiar to you, then maybe you should step back and realize you might not know everything and so should give other people with more experience in forum mafia some benefit of the doubt.

I know what bussing is

I can easily infer what hellbussing is

I have one question

...why would I do that today instead of just sinking Fig, who I've been going back and forth with all day (and still am tbh)

plus that's a silly argument, because you can't see anyone's rolecard

you've gotta pick sombody to trust, so why not me? that's a genuine question I've seen no good arguments made about beyond "you aren't 100% town" but like nobody is so :shrugs:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
i think fext is one of the best minds in this thread

dude rag has been following me all game and I've already said that if she's trying to win me over it's already worked lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom