• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I also don't think mindlessly sitting here with Chevy in the lead when we did an extension is a great strategy either. Gamestate has been flat since the extension was called. I'm trying to shake things up, because otherwise we just have NO discussion.

Hence why I hate extensions. They always end up like this. Things are always gonna be crazy before eod, and and extension doesn't help that. We're gonna end up in the same place just 48 hours later than it should have happened. And it's especially dreadful because it's d1. D1 lynch is pretty much just for generating interaction and wagonomic reads because it's pretty much a toss up if you hit scum or not.

Hence why I hate extensions. They always end up like this. Things are always gonna be crazy before eod, and and extension doesn't help that. We're gonna end up in the same place just 48 hours later than it should have happened. And it's especially dreadful because it's d1. D1 lynch is pretty much just for generating interaction and wagonomic reads because it's pretty much a toss up if you hit scum or not.

You should vote PK.

Okay, I'm fully caught up now.

I feel like Fig is acting super scummy tbh, and I would still vote there if he hadn't claimed. His game solving is very low. I also noticed that he has been defending Chevy in an awful lot of posts.

Speaking of Chevy, the only memorable thing he's done so far is create a reads list and that was a while ago.

Really, really liking Deku's catch up post. He is now my top town read. His reasoning is pretty dang solid. That said, a lot of his reads are opposite of mine. So one of us is very clearly wrong here.

I have Minish as a town lean. I like that she pushed against Ex for casting suspicion on Killjoy earlier and that she commented it was a weak push.

Ex is moving down for me. I feel his contributions have steadily decreased. This late in Day 1, I can't give someone a town lean for vibes only. I don't have a scum lean on him either, though. More like firmly null.

Kirino is very underwhelming so far. Very similar to Chevy in that he lacks contributory posts.

PK posted a pretty vague reads list. A lot of reads based on vibes. It's better than nothing but not by much. Killjoy brought up a good point, however, that he didn't vote his scum read and instead voted for the scum lean. So PK is a scum lean for me.

Killjoy has been really good from what I've read. He's trying to get counterwagons going and wanting to understand people's thought processes as we see above.

Rag is moving down for me because she is talking too much about the game mechanics and not enough about the actual content of the posts.

Right now I think Chevy, Kirino, and PK are the people to vote for, but I am not sold on Fig or Ex either.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
How is Chevy anything other than a shot in the dark?

Also, there is time to hammer later. I want to see what happens when PK gets close to the edge.

How is anyone anything other than a shot in the dark?
Chevy had enough traction of people wanting to vote him. I just want the day to be over tbh.
PK's not going to show up and make anything other than one off hand post if that.

Day 1 Current Vote Tally:
Ragnarokio - 3 (Chevywolf30, DekuNut, ExLight)
Chevywolf30 - 3 (Morbid Minish, Kirino, Paranoid King)
Paranoid King - 3 (Seanzie, Killjoy262, Storm)
Storm - 1 (Fext)

Not voting - Viral Maze, Fig, A Link In Time, Ragnarokio

With 14 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, October 9th 2021 at 6:00 PM EST.

I think purely looking at the wagons and my reads, I would not vote for Rag right now because I disagree with Deku's reads despite him being my top town and the other two people are not in my town reads. Chevy wagon is pretty disgusting because of Kirino and PK, but Minish is also there, so I feel better about that one. PK has Killjoy who I am solidly town reading but then there is Storm and Seanzie who I am having trouble reading.

Chevy had enough traction of people wanting to vote him. I just want the day to be over tbh.
PK's not going to show up and make anything other than one off hand post if that.

IMO, Chevy's posting before their thread exodus was fine. If this thread exodus was later on after a scumflip or something, I'd say it is possibly AI, but an early D1 thread exodus is NAI IME. Thus, Chevy is pretty null. If you disagree, make a case, because the only case I've seen on Chevy was Fext's, and it did not sway me. As such, I put Chevy's chance of a flip at ~=rand.

Other people I can actually attribute scummy behavior to and would put their chance at a flip at >rand!scum, and some others I feel are >rand!town. Those aren't a shot in the dark. I can at least form an educated guess on them.

I don't really care if PK shows up again, I care about the fact that we already saw a tense gamestate with Chevy's head on the line, and it didn't particularly seem like anyone cared, so I am more interested in seeing a gamestate with someone else in the lead to judge the thread's reaction.

@ExLight

Looking back at his Reads, I was his sole scum read. NOT counting the fact that Chevy was the leading wagon at the time, wouldn't it have made more sense for PK to vote for his sole scum read? Think about how YOU would've voted if these were YOUR reads.
I voted for the person I thought was 2nd most likely to be scum, pal. Not sure what else you want me to do.

^
Sorry folks. On day 1, I honestly don't have much to say. You know what I think already, and I still haven't had time to do a deep dive into the thread.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't much see the point of a PK lynch. He at least gave a read list yesterday, whereas Chevy hasn't posted since Tuesday, iirc. In any case, my vote on Chevy isn't just because he's inactive, but because his meta is noticeably different from all of his town games.

Rag's posts have seemed very logical to me, although they usually tend to, and I think she also has a tendency to tunnel. I still need to ISO her, but the only thing making me suspect her somewhat is Deku's point about her encouraging the doctor to counterclaim. Mainly because she did so, iirc, at a time when Fig was still decently likely to be lynched anyway.

Still reading through the thread, but I'm probably sticking with my Chevy vote today.

Kirino

Tatakae
I voted for the person I thought was 2nd most likely to be scum, pal. Not sure what else you want me to do.

^
Sorry folks. On day 1, I honestly don't have much to say. You know what I think already, and I still haven't had time to do a deep dive into the thread.
ok this post is pretty bad

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom