• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

@Seanzie I have read through Rag's entire post history in preparation for that wall and I feel like the reasons I have them as strong town are entirely independent of them following me on anything

to the point where you not seeing any of that is concerning

I haven't re-evaluated ExLight in several days, which I should fix at some point, but there have been a number of times where what they've said or done has just made sense to me as well

maybe the scum should post more :cool:
[/QUOTE]

What wall are you talking about?

You literally said that they could be pocketing you and that it is working. Also, even if your read of Rag has nothing to do with Rag's actions towards you, that doesn't mean they aren't trying to pocket you (successfully or not), and also a good pocket attempt won't have the pocketee aware that it is even going on.

okay but like

I am aware

I just find them sufficiently towny for reasons entirely outside of anything concerning me as to not be worried

also my big wall of reads

Fig

The Altruist
maybe the scum should post more :cool:
My issue with this is that you have this belief that posting more = obviously town when that isn't always the case. For the same reason, some people can consider the most talkative players as mafia for leading/controlling the conversation. And for the same reason the mafia players could be in the middle in terms of post count. Post count doesn't indicate alignment.

okay but like

I am aware

I just find them sufficiently towny for reasons entirely outside of anything concerning me as to not be worried

also my big wall of reads

You have over 300 posts. If you want me to look at a specific one, can you go find it? I'm not looking through your ISO hunting for it.

actively trying to avoid putting anybody as null gives me the following

Towncore
ExLight
- haven't re-evaluated recently, but at almost every point I can see where ExLight is coming from and he just feels really open and honest
Ragnarokio - although they haven't done much, what they have matches their self-described approach to the game, and there are a few notable moments of pure towniness that I just can't shake

Townread
Morbid Minish
- moves up to town if Chevy flips scum, but has seemed pretty reasonable without seeming overly stiff as if they're hiding something and is consistently pushing discussion along when she's around
Kirino - as with Minish, moves up if Chevy is scum, but either way has a good content/postcount ratio and their pop-ins have felt natural
Seanzie - Don't like how he's been handling certain parts of the day, kinda feels like stifling conversation, but I'm pretty convinced at the moment that's just a blunt personality rather than being scum - will re-evaluate overnight to be sure

Townlean
Killjoy262
- Still kinda feel like something is off here, but Ex and MM both trust him so I'll follow that
A Link In Time - I honestly think this is probably slightly above
Fig - feels like I should be able to find this as stronger town, but I can't! Probably a failing on my part. If they get a heal off that'll put those fears to rest.

Null
Viral Maze
- gonna need to see what he posts after catching up, but nothing here I actively dislike as of yet

Scumlean
Storm
- I really really really didn't like the way he was the only person around for the scheduled end of day time who clearly did not care what ended up happening. I also think him transitioning to locking onto Chevy seems like an easy path for mafia to take while town might be more critical.
DekuNut - Might need to re-evaluate if Chevy flips town, but I don't like a few things they've done (push the idea I'm lying about my experience, completely drop a train of thought in post editing, transitioning to Rag who I think is town over Chevy while saying they'd "need to read my case later," etc.) and I think they could easily be his partner for it
Paranoid King - in hindsight the way he assumed I was mafia but tempered his vote with "oh well there could be some weird role interactions" feels worse than I originally gave it credit for, and much like storm I think just ceding to voting Chevy is an easy path to take. I also don't really see where their readslist comes from, and I feel like 898 is pretty close to the "what do you want from me?" and "why me?" questions that are scum like 95% of the time in ToS

Scumread
ChevyWerewolf30
- I hope him disappearing isn't a health issue or anything serious, but I really think the way he acted early on showed a distinct lack of cognitive consistency between how he described feeling about the day and how he actually felt about the day, and I think that was reflected in his overly forced readslist posted out of defensiveness

Ragnarokio - although they haven't done much, what they have matches their self-described approach to the game, and there are a few notable moments of pure towniness that I just can't shake

This is the case on Rag that you're concerned with me not taking into consideration? You didn't give anything specific for me to take note of, and even yourself mention that they haven't done much.

What moments of "pure towniness" am I supposed to be judging here?

kinda tempted to say "you tell me" but when I'm done giving ExLight another look I can pull up a few of those

there's like a bunch tho

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Scumlean
Storm
- I really really really didn't like the way he was the only person around for the scheduled end of day time who clearly did not care what ended up happening. I also think him transitioning to locking onto Chevy seems like an easy path for mafia to take while town might be more critical.

it's day 1 in a role madness-like game. the only way i would care for a day 1 lynch is if i was up on the block, or someone claimed a pivotal role town needs. Fig claimed doctor who picks 2 people and randomly saves 1. chevy is MIA. Rag is... well she is more or less mellow right now. no one is softing a cop.

let me read the role PM for Guitarist real quick.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
so Killjoy says he can give someone two actions or make an action strongman. Interesting...

ExLight's early game felt natural in a way that I liked even before having any specific reasons I can put into words

things like asking Minish if they're scum or if they'll die N1 feel like town joking rather than mafia who control the kill taunting her

on that note I thought it said there was no outside communication allowed yet Pen gave me a chat for the game

curious
erh that's fine

by no outside communication they likely mean non-official chats

just outta curiosity how many people are in that chat
I like how they approached trying to get more info from me here

not impossible to fake but feels sly in a towny way - kinda the opposite of how PK handled it

I also think the reasoning for them asking you if you're independent, given here:

I just found a bit strange the way you entered the game skipping RVS and accusing Rag from being scum outta a post that seemed pretty innocent to me, lol. From my experience people that usually enter d1 in a rush to prompt discussion by overanalyzing are usually one of the following three: beginners, mafia bringing frustration from past games into the table, or indepts (3p).

I think you're not a beginner iirc, and I think the only other game you played here you were mafia with me and won (although I think you subbed out), so the only option that remained for me was the last one. Although you being unfamiliar with the term indept (or was it roll) has me wondering if it's a lack of experience or if you're just used to other terms from the communities you usually play.
Why would you assume I'm not mafia bringing in frustrations from an off-site game?
oh because you have no reason to bring frustrations from off-site here

I don't see why you'd be putting extra effort to convince people that don't even know your meta well, specially when you won your last game against them

trying harder than usual doesn't really make sense if you know what you did last time here worked

is

Creative
Observant
Non-trivial

and that's a good combo imo, especially since accusing people of being neutrals instead of mafia is generally very easy for scum to do

I relate to them saying that Fig's posts melt their brain super hard

their approach to analyzing interactions with Fig is basically what I've been doing with Chevy, so that's another point where I feel like I can see their point of view

They called attention to PK in 449 out of nowhere which is slightly unlikely to be partners probably?

Assuming Fig is town they were one of the people most actively working to reason with them before the original end time

Their push on Killjoy did contradict their earlier feelings, but also didn't feel like it was being made to obfuscate other conversations or succeed as a mislynch

I also think they've seemed relatively reasonable outside of that

I will concede that they haven't done a ton of pushing, so I'd probably move Rag above them, but I'm still not seeing any signs they're acting with ulterior motives

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom