• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

ok this post is pretty bad
Their list was also pretty bad considering when it was. Not like "clear scum" bad, but a whole lot of "no real content, just unverifiable vibe reads" bad, even though it was after D1 would have ended without an extension. It really doesn't look much different than Chevy's list in terms of content, but was 2 days later in the game.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Hence why I hate extensions. They always end up like this. Things are always gonna be crazy before eod, and and extension doesn't help that. We're gonna end up in the same place just 48 hours later than it should have happened. And it's especially dreadful because it's d1. D1 lynch is pretty much just for generating interaction and wagonomic reads because it's pretty much a toss up if you hit scum or not.
one EoD har har har
TWO EoD har har har

Hmm. I'll see if I can explain a bit better:

Because it was near the end of the day cycle, I wanted to vote for someone I thought was scum who was likely to be lynched. Chevy was my second-best choice to vote on. So I voted for Chevy, but said that I would have voted for Killjoy if votes were more equal. I said that back when I voted.

Day 1 has been moving really fast, and I haven't had time to read through and take good notes. I've explained my surface reads, but haven't pinpointed the posts that give me those reads. I should have more time from now on and I'm willing to analyze and contribute, but this game is enough of a commitment that I'm not too upset about dying.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If you disagree, make a case, because the only case I've seen on Chevy was Fext's, and it did not sway me. As such, I put Chevy's chance of a flip at ~=rand.

I've already stated my case on Chevy and it's separate from Fext's. Chevy's never rolled scum on here. His early contributions were much more lacking than town Chevy's usually is. He's a lot more proactive as town, and eager to go. His reads list also felt to me like when scum has to fake a reads list. It's hard bsing a reads list as scum since you know it's bs. His previous reads lists in games have been stating town lean/null/scum lean for each player and this time he changes it up without giving real alignment reads on anyone.

@Morbid Minish giving Chevy more time to show up in unequivocally good

It's not going to change anything. Chevy shows up last minute, claims something, then everyone scrambles to find a vote target. And that's if he shows up. Days are already 72 hours long. I'm not having every day be 120 hours long every time just so people can maybe show up when they've had ample time to do so already.

Unvote

Vote: Chevy

I actually feel better about PK after his recent posts. I'm kinda getting a town vibe from him now. Voting for his second most suspicious person isn't a crime.

As for Chevy, his contributions are still lacking and Minish saying he's more proactive as town makes me feel better about voting there.

Fig

The Altruist
Okay, I'm fully caught up now.

I feel like Fig is acting super scummy tbh, and I would still vote there if he hadn't claimed. His game solving is very low. I also noticed that he has been defending Chevy in an awful lot of posts.
I would agree with you if I was actually defending Chevy. I prefer having evidence rather than just a vibe check as "evidence". Time and time again I asked Fext for at least a crumb of reasoning. There was nothing that convinced me. Now if I said to Fext that they are wrong about Chevy and I gave my reasonings to why they are wrong, that's me defending Chevy. Unfortunately, Chevy's only defense is being missing in action which can be seen as a meta issue considering that the games they were town they were definitely more active within the game in comparison to this one. We can only use the information from Chevy based on what we have now at the moment as they were last seen online since Tuesday, almost 72 hours since.

If it sounded/looked like I was defending Chevy, I wasn't. I was rather questioning the logic to Fext finding Chevy as mafia and I wasn't the only one that saw Fext's reasoning as unconvincing.

I would agree with you if I was actually defending Chevy. I prefer having evidence rather than just a vibe check as "evidence". Time and time again I asked Fext for at least a crumb of reasoning. There was nothing that convinced me. Now if I said to Fext that they are wrong about Chevy and I gave my reasonings to why they are wrong, that's me defending Chevy. Unfortunately, Chevy's only defense is being missing in action which can be seen as a meta issue considering that the games they were town they were definitely more active within the game in comparison to this one. We can only use the information from Chevy based on what we have now at the moment as they were last seen online since Tuesday, almost 72 hours since.

If it sounded/looked like I was defending Chevy, I wasn't. I was rather questioning the logic to Fext finding Chevy as mafia and I wasn't the only one that saw Fext's reasoning as unconvincing.

Okay, I looked back, and you are right. You simply wanted to give Chevy time to respond during the extension. I apologize for mischaracterizing your position. So scratch what I said about you defending Chevy.

Reactions: Fig
His early contributions were much more lacking than town Chevy's usually is. He's a lot more proactive as town, and eager to go. His reads list also felt to me like when scum has to fake a reads list. It's hard bsing a reads list as scum since you know it's bs. His previous reads lists in games have been stating town lean/null/scum lean for each player and this time he changes it up without giving real alignment reads on anyone.
That is not meaningfully different from my points imo

Time and time again I asked Fext for at least a crumb of reasoning. There was nothing that convinced me.
okay if your point this entire time has been "I read your points but they weren't convincing" then why are you going on and on about how I "never gave you anything"

did I or did I not, make up your mind

Hence why I hate extensions. They always end up like this. Things are always gonna be crazy before eod, and and extension doesn't help that. We're gonna end up in the same place just 48 hours later than it should have happened. And it's especially dreadful because it's d1. D1 lynch is pretty much just for generating interaction and wagonomic reads because it's pretty much a toss up if you hit scum or not.
I mean Fext was the one to push for it. I know I've little to no room to state that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom