• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

Kirino

Tatakae
I honestly might've suggested a PK lynch, but the votes were in before I even got a chance to look, lol. Glad things worked out, although we would've almost certainly won the next day regardless.

It's a shame I wasn't more active, but the pace was just too fast for me. Still enjoyed the game, though. Scum played very well, and among the town, I was really impressed by both Fext and Seanzie in particular.

gg

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Not gonna lie (though I can't speak for the others) but it would have been extremely hard to sway the remaining townmates to lynch PK when we pretty much were confirmed. In my eyes, it was obvious to have lynched and I would have offered if you are ok to be lynched first to prove if you are town.

you might have been hard to convince but i think KJ and kirino would have followed my logic and agreed with it, and it only takes 3 to lynch. I imagine KJ and Kirino even now might admit that considering the circumstances PK was the better lynch. To believe that I'm scum you need to believe that seanzie's sensor result was in error for some reason, and there aren't many good reasons to believe that.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
come final day after a PK lynch it basically has to be the case that either seanzie was lying, minish was lying, or pen made an error. If either of the townies were lying it was obviously the case that they misread something or misspoke rather than that they intended to deceive the town, but those things happen. Its what i would have guessed was the case in this situation as town and I would have thought it was much easier for seanzie to have made a mistake than for minish to have, so i probably would have killed myself in that situation.

In this endgame i would have killed fig to leave me kirino and killjoy and then presented the logic as i am now and effectively say that given that its impossible for any of us to be town, we may as well just act based on reads alone, and then hoped that you two bought it and that i wouldn't be the one to eat the bullet.

you might have been hard to convince but i think KJ and kirino would have followed my logic and agreed with it, and it only takes 3 to lynch. I imagine KJ and Kirino even now might admit that considering the circumstances PK was the better lynch. To believe that I'm scum you need to believe that seanzie's sensor result was in error for some reason, and there aren't many good reasons to believe that.
I hesitated to vote on you, but you were really the only person who could be a roleblocker, and I didn't see how that could change. Lucky us that it worked out!

Speaking of which, how did Seanzie's sensor result mess up?

And well played mafia, despite basically being nearly completely outed D2! You had me second-guessing myself all the way through.

Ragnarokio

I hesitated to vote on you, but you were really the only person who could be a roleblocker, and I didn't see how that could change. Lucky us that it worked out!

Speaking of which, how did Seanzie's sensor result mess up?

And well played mafia, despite basically being nearly completely outed D2! You had me second-guessing myself all the way through.

you were the one person who reasonably should have voted me, since i was probably the strongest lynch behind you. I still think as town it would have been better to discuss things first but its hard to argue with results. If you had and it just resulted in me talking people into lynching you thats obviously a worse play. I think that discussion typically benefits town more than scum though, and there was no reason to believe it wouldn't here as well.

Pen

The game is on!
Role PMs:

Greetings Fig and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Aqua, the Useless Healer (from Anime Mafia 2). At night you will be able to sneak out and attempt to protect two players of your choosing from being night killed, however each protection only has a 50% chance of working. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the names of the players you wish to protect. You may not target yourself though you may use both protections on the same player if you wish.

konosuba-fantastic-days-aqua.jpg

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated and no further quarrels remain.

Greetings Chevywolf30 and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Spike Spiegel, the Space Cowboy (from Anime Mafia). Once each night you will be able to sneak out and investigate any player in the game to find out if the player is guilty or innocent. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, then I will tell you if your target is guilty or not. You also have a 1-Shot ability to investigate two players on the same night, but keep in mind you can only perform this action once throughout the game.

spike.jpg

You are on the Town’s side, which means that you win when the Mafia has been eliminated and no further quarrels remain.

Greetings Kirino and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Chika Fujiwara, the Cheater (from Anime Mafia 2). Each night you may challenge two players of your choosing to a game. Since you cheat you only have a 10% chance of losing while the other two each have a 45% chance to lose the game. Whoever loses will have an extra vote on them throughout the following day phase.

wqs610dxj4l41.jpg

Greetings Fext and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Gondo, the Sword Smith (from Skyward Sword Mafia). As the Sword Smith you know everything about swords. Because of this you will be able to figure out which of the other characters have swords or other sharp harmful objects. Once each night you will be able to sneak out and investigate any player in the game to find out if the player has a sword or not. Do this by sending me a PM each night with the name of your target, and then I will tell you whether or not your target has a sword. Be aware though that just because you manage to find a sword wielder, it does not mean that this player is necessarily scum.

Gondo-Skyward-Sword.jpg

Greetings Killjoy262 and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Yui Hirasawa, the Guitarist (from Anime Mafia 2). As the Guitarist you have several ways of getting other players pumped up. Firstly you are a Motivator which means that your target will be able to use their potential night action an extra time that night. And secondly you are a Strengthener which means that your target’s potential night action will be strengthened to the point where nothing can prevent it from going through successfully. You may only use one of these two abilities per night but it is up to you which one to use.

pOeVpzmx_400x400.jpg

Greetings A Link In Time and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Storm, the Lightning Rod Creator (from X-Men Mafia). On two separate nights of your choice throughout the game you may pick any target (yourself included) to turn into a temporary Lightning Rod for that night. This will cause every night action from everyone active that night to target the player that you turn into a temporary Lightning Rod. Keep in mind that it is only 2-Shot though.

81c0b826584a82d485314ee90b24fcf5.jpg

Greetings Seanzie and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Holo, the Harvest Deity (from Anime Mafia 2). Thanks to your very keen senses you hold two very powerful 1-shot abilities. The first one is a Lie Detector ability that allows you to quote a player from the game and have me declare whether the player was lying or not. The second one is a Sensor ability that allows you to ask me how many Mafia aligned players were on the lynch wagon of the previous day. You may not use both of these 1-shot abilities on the same night however.

holo-fox-and-wolf.jpg

Greetings DekuNut and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Jack Sparrow, the Commuter (from Pirates Mafia 2). Each night you leave the rest of the players. Because of this you are immune to everything that happens during the night periods.

jack-sparrow-johnny-depp-pirates.jpg

Greetings Morbid Minish and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Okamoto Katsushiro, the Samurai (from Anime Mafia). Being the Samurai you have the passive ability of absorbing any and every ability that is performed on you at night. This means that each time someone targets you during the night phase you will receive a 1-Shot ability of whatever power they were using on you. You can stack up on 1-Shot abilities if you wish, but you may only use one per night even if you hold several. Simply send me a PM to tell me which ability you want to perform and on whom. Keep in mind though that the actions performed on you will also go through. In addition to this Absorber ability you will start the game off with a 1-Shot Lightning Rod ability. Use it once - any night you wish - to draw all night actions onto yourself.

d8zhxwb-e14510c8-a9f6-4a45-bb42-2d1890cd2822.png

Greetings Paranoid King and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Zenitsu Agatsuma, the Sleepwalker (from Anime Mafia 2). If you are ever targeted by anyone during the night, as the Sleepwalker you will automatically and instantaneously use the same ability back on the player who targeted you. Keep in mind though that the action of the player who targeted you will also go through.

7afe4459f2beff76003d7ad11daac832.jpg

Greetings ExLight and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Calamity Ganon, the Godfather (from Breath of the Wild Mafia). As the Mafia’s leader you have two special abilities: Firstly, you are bulletproof, meaning that you are immune to being night killed. And secondly, you are investigation immune, meaning that if the Cop should investigate you, you will show up as innocent to them. The Mafia can kill one player each night, so be sure to always inform me of your target in time. Being the leader of the Mafia you are also the one who has the final word on which player you should night kill each night, and which one of the Mafia members that should perform the night kill. Your safe fake-claim is Sherlock Holmes, the Jack-of-All-Trades. Your allies are Viral Maze as Lust (Ultimate Spear) and Ragnarokio as Zhao (Mafia Roleblocker). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via Discord. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/TKEeJtFE

breath-of-the-wild-players-have-got-the-calamity-ganon-fight-down-to-11-seconds.jpg

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players.

Greetings Viral Maze and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Lust, the Ultimate Spear (from Anime Mafia). Once each night you will be able to sneak out and investigate any player in the game to learn their role. Do this by informing me each night of your target. Additionally you have a 1-Shot Special Investigation which you can choose to use one night instead of your Role Cop investigation. Your 1-Shot Special Investigation will allow you to learn who targeted your target, who your target targeted, what ability your target used and what abilities were used on your target. Your safe fake-claim is Sokka, the Roleblocker. Your allies are ExLight as Calamity Ganon (Godfather) and Ragnarokio as Zhao (Mafia Roleblocker). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via Discord. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/TKEeJtFE

Lust_Character.jpg

You are with the Mafia, which means that you win when nothing can prevent you from eliminating all of the other players.

Greetings Ragnarokio and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Zhao, the Mafia Roleblocker (from Avatar Mafia). Once each night you will be able to sneak out and prevent any player in the game from performing their night action. Do this by informing me each night of the player you wish to roleblock. Your safe fake-claim is Gaepora, the Poison Doctor. Your allies are ExLight as Calamity Ganon (Godfather) and Viral Maze as Lust (Ultimate Spear). You will be able to communicate with each other secretly via Discord. Here is the link: https://discord.gg/TKEeJtFE

dea971d7807d8ab3fddc1f86d6d592f0.png

Greetings Storm and welcome to Pendio Mafia XI! For this game you will be Ryo Kurokiba, the Fish Chef (from Anime Mafia 2). You are completely on your own in this game, you are neither with the Town nor with the Mafia. Once each night you will be able to give a delicious meal that you cooked yourself to a player of your choosing. However, the food you make is so good that if a player who has tasted it goes a night without it they won’t be able to make it, so unless you keep giving your food to the same player each night they will surely die. Your safe fake-claim is Daruk, the Bodyguard.

83361913.jpg

You win along with the Town if you are alive when they win, or you win alone if you are the last player standing.

Ragnarokio

@Ragnarokio I am ****ing terrified of you

That was insane

thanks. Its probably not as impressive as you think it is and a lot of it comes down to differences between forum mafia and chat mafia. Its a lot easier to commit to a complex bluff when you're allowed to think about future strategies and how your post will be received for hours and don't have to speak off the cuff about everything. I was given poison doctor as a safe fakeclaim and so from the beginning of the game i was planning on eventually claiming poison doctor. Ironically if i had it would have ****ed me since town had the ability to confirm that I wasn't a poison doctor, but fortunately the town basically massclaimed before i had to out my role and i could smoothly transition to an unconfirmable bulletproof claim.

I think this is one of the better games I've played as scum though, I'm typically pretty weak and have trouble appearing like i'm contributing in any substantial way.

you were a very strong player by the way, and my top pick for kill N1 just because i felt like losing you would be a big blow to town. Very impressive for a first game, even if your reads were way off.

I stand in awe at your commitment to absolutely nailing the little things

might need to incorporate that into my own playstyle tbhtbh

Good job, everyone. I had a lot of fun playing my first mafia game in a while. Thanks for the host, Pen.

I felt I was definitely a bit more in the background, but I'm satisfied with how I did, except for not submitting a night action. That was awkward. My bad.

Minish, Fext, and Killjoy were excellent for town. Really great turnaround from PK after Day 1 as well. ExLight definitely had me fooled. I suspected him for a short bit but backed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom