• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
@Rag and Kirino
Why not voting as a bloc?

i'm voting lynch SMS for the reasons i've been expressing in thread

kirino is their own person and idk what they've been doing with their vote

She didn't switch. It became a whole discussion even.

Consider this me telling you that you can stop responding to me and use your time to actually play the game.

Kirino didn't say i did, he said i was willing to. Its true that if kirino hadn't convinced me to switch to SMS then I wouldn't have said that i was going to switch to SMS if it wouldn't result in a no-lynch.

The play i made was probably bad because if sunfan had flipped scum there would have been a significant chance of kirino being vigged and if that vig was a result of my comment it would have been one of the most embarassing misplays in my career. I'm hoping nothing will ever top my fakeclaiming cop as town with a scum result on the actual cop though.

My intent when i made the post was to distance myself from kirino. It could have backfired and does me comparatively few favours and for that reason I now think it was a bad play. I also apparently miscalculated the human psychological aspect pretty severely, because even now the response some people are having to the play is surprising to me. I felt like simply claiming masons with kirino would be enough to have people support postponing our lynch until at least LyLo without any questions asked. Apparently I was wrong on multiple levels. It just goes to show you can't solve mafia by thinking about what plays are mathematically optimal because people aren't machines that play according to what is mathematically optimal.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
i'm voting lynch SMS for the reasons i've been expressing in thread

kirino is their own person and idk what they've been doing with their vote

Kirino didn't say i did, he said i was willing to. Its true that if kirino hadn't convinced me to switch to SMS then I wouldn't have said that i was going to switch to SMS if it wouldn't result in a no-lynch.

The play i made was probably bad because if sunfan had flipped scum there would have been a significant chance of kirino being vigged and if that vig was a result of my comment it would have been one of the most embarassing misplays in my career. I'm hoping nothing will ever top my fakeclaiming cop as town with a scum result on the actual cop though.

My intent when i made the post was to distance myself from kirino. It could have backfired and does me comparatively few favours and for that reason I now think it was a bad play. I also apparently miscalculated the human psychological aspect pretty severely, because even now the response some people are having to the play is surprising to me. I felt like simply claiming masons with kirino would be enough to have people support postponing our lynch until at least LyLo without any questions asked. Apparently I was wrong on multiple levels. It just goes to show you can't solve mafia by thinking about what plays are mathematically optimal because people aren't machines that play according to what is mathematically optimal.

You don't get to take the "other players aren't playing mechanically" stance after your sub optimal.

Consider this me telling you that you can stop responding to me and use your time to actually play the game.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I'm skeptical of claims depending on how they go down. When Rag was refusing to claim the game it just made two scumreads look even scummier.

What's the scum motivation for not claiming game though? If its not that we didn't actually share a game then that makes the most obvious motivation that i wanted to hide that we were actually lovers as opposed to masons. I don't think it was justifiable to lynch claimed masons even if they weren't game-claiming just because it should be strictly better to wait, but I understand why it would cause you to heavily suspect us of being lying scum at the very least.

You should probably now consider me being hesitant to claim game a town-tell though, unless you don't think wanting to hide lovers with a mason fakeclaim is something i would feasibly do or you think another alternative motivation for the hesitance is more likely.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
What's the scum motivation for not claiming game though? If its not that we didn't actually share a game then that makes the most obvious motivation that i wanted to hide that we were actually lovers as opposed to masons. I don't think it was justifiable to lynch claimed masons even if they weren't game-claiming just because it should be strictly better to wait, but I understand why it would cause you to heavily suspect us of being lying scum at the very least.

You should probably now consider me being hesitant to claim game a town-tell though, unless you don't think wanting to hide lovers with a mason fakeclaim is something i would feasibly do or you think another alternative motivation for the hesitance is more likely.
I actually get why not wanting to claim game is fishy. If you were scum and were actually from different games, it would have been difficult to come up with a believable fake claim, and if you had claimed SS or a different game that a different player is from, it would have incriminated you.

I think overall claiming game immediately would have been the best play in that scenario. It may give scum info, but it gives town the same info instead of holding info back from the town that would make your claim more believable.

Ragnarokio

You don't get to take the "other players aren't playing mechanically" stance after your sub optimal.

thanks, I'll continue to play in the way i feel is suitably effective. I've been ignoring most of your arguments for a while now because getting involved in them won't do anything for me. I responded to that one because i felt it was appropriate for platforming my perspective transparently and convincingly, which i hoped would help others townread me. I don't expect you to give an inch on your convictions.

Ragnarokio

@Ragnarokio
@Kirino

You're not getting an SMS lynch

Tell me why we shouldn't vote Rubik

he says his role can confirm him as town and I believe him. If he claims he gets roleblocked again I'll consider him for a lynch but in my mind he's one of the stronger town reads right now.

Ragnarokio

I actually get why not wanting to claim game is fishy. If you were scum and were actually from different games, it would have been difficult to come up with a believable fake claim, and if you had claimed SS or a different game that a different player is from, it would have incriminated you.

I think overall claiming game immediately would have been the best play in that scenario. It may give scum info, but it gives town the same info instead of holding info back from the town that would make your claim more believable.

I don't disagree, and thats a result of my underestimating the psychological factor. I severely underestimated how believable my claim would need to be in order to dissuade people from lynching me, and felt like given that a simple mason claim should dissuade people from lynching me, that hiding that we were lovers was optimal. Potentially drawing and blocking a mafia nightkill would have made the play very good.

Given that the claim evidently did need to be more believable than it was though, I should have put more emphasis on that and less on trying to game the mafia.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
it would have been one of the most embarassing misplays in my career. I'm hoping nothing will ever top my fakeclaiming cop as town with a scum result on the actual cop though
I can confirm that Rag did in fact (as town) fake claim cop and claim a red check on the then unclaimed real cop in an open setup.

Ragnarokio

How is he one of the stronger townreads? Is it only because of his claim?

his frustration at the jinjo lynch is probably more likely to come from town rubik than scum rubik but the claim is by far the bigger portion. If he doesn't deliver on what he claimed then the townread will probably become a scumread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom