• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Man so glad we have Rubik that extension so he could get a better read on Jinjo

Hey @Mellow Ezlo talk me into a Rubik instead it's very clear he was just running interference in EoD at this point. Can you at least concede to that fact?
I'll concede his behaviour at (original) EoD was anti-town and petty. And in spite of my town read of him I would prefer him over Rag.

Kirino

Tatakae
@Mellow Ezlo
To answer your question I would assume that the wolves wouldn't all be from the same game becauseI assume that came down to dice rolls and those are slim odds.

You're post ignores Kirino and my interactions doing the extension but I assume you read them in real time.

You keep asking me to see it from their side, but I've already told you it didn't make sense. You saying it's feasible over and over doesn't change the fact that it fails in countless areas

Rolled Lovers and didn't soft then in your reads like SMS did? It's a mistake
Almost scumread your lover? It's a mistake
Your lover is in hot water but instead of defending or softing you know the role you tell them to just claim but tooootally don't mention you? It's a mistake.
Someone mentioned that you did the whole almost scumread your lover bit? You totally weren't! It was a safe bet. No mistakes!
Past self disproves that ****? Eh...it's a mistake.
Denying you were the one who thought the whole shade thing was a good idea when you were bragging about it back when it looked like you got away with it? Total town mindset baby.

Every

Single

Mistake

That a theoretical

Rag/Kirino town team

Could make shy of just claiming d0 and ghosting

Made.

Or
just hear me out a sec

Or

Rag and Kirino are scums. Rag's been getting nailed all day because her play as been pretty bad and she decides to fakeclaim a role that doesn't have to prove an action in the night. Tries to not name a partner, **** goes south, and her and Kirino have been winging it since

With all the weird tonal shifts and inconsistencies that come with winging it.

IDK man you tell me what makes the most sense.

Idk what to tell you man. The reason only Rag claimed at first is because we were hoping that would be enough, and because, even if revealing her partner was inevitable anyway, there was no harm in simply waiting. The reason we claimed masons and not lovers is also obvious, which is that we didn't want scum to know they could just NK one of us and kill both of us.

In retrospect, would it have reduced suspicion on us if both of us had simply claimed lovers right off the bat? Yes, but we didn't know initially that we'd have to go that far, and more importantly, we never thought town would actually attempt to lynch claimed lovers. Because of that, our primary concern was with presenting our claim in a way that eluded scum rather than in a way that worked toward convincing town, because we didn't think we'd have any problems with the latter given our role.

As for the contradiction, I meant that it was a safe bet on my end and a decent play in a vacuum, and so I wasn't worried about it. For Rag, who thought differently, though, it was probably a bad play from her perspective at the time. I'm not her so it's difficult for me to defend it, but she was likely just taking a risk on the assumption that Sun wouldn't flip scum, which she thought she wouldn't, and as we've already argued, she had ample reason to want to distance from me in some way. I presented my last post to her, in which I argued she wasn't scumreading Sun, and she said it was an accurate presentation of her views.

Would we normally have wanted to soft our claim in order to give more credence to it when the time came? No, because we never doubted that our claim alone would be sufficient if it became necessary to use, and because, again, our primary concern was to avoid suspicion by scum, which would necessitate the exact opposite behavior.

Beyond that, I think you're underestimating how bad of a play this would be if we were scum. There was absolutely no reason to assume we wouldn't be counterclaimed, especially given that we first claimed masons, then lovers. And if we were ever found out, both of us would die rather than just Rag. It would've been far better for Rag to just claim something else (ideally something to draw out a PR counterclaim), and for me to bus her. Especially since (as other players can attest) I've never had a problem with bussing.

You're also ignoring the fact that we've been on the same page for pretty much the entire game. The only reason Rag was willing to switch to SMS is because I convinced her in lovers chat. She also talked to me about Jinjo, and I found her points convincing. It makes much more sense that our reads would coincide if we were lovers than if we were scum. And again, it's specifically because we were otherwise so close to each other that we felt a need to distance ourselves to avoid scum figuring out we were masons/lovers.

If you think these actions were stupid as town then so be it, I see your point and I'll take the constructive criticism. I get where you're coming from. I see why you'd suspect us, and even why you'd think we were scum. But you're also saying that you're so confident in this that you're willing to risk the lynch of town lovers, despite the massive risk, and even though there are probably night roles that could verify us (and to which we willingly subject ourselves). I might be biased, but I don't think that's reasonable, and evidently, neither does most of the game.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
How was that out of character or opportunistic? It's essentially what I outlined in my previous post, but when we thought they were masons. So way less risk and we'd either hit scum or have confirmed town. Instead of letting two mason fakeclaims stick around til mylo/lylo.
I find that you usually trust claims, for the most part, and your reasoning for supporting the lynch on Rag pre-lovers claim looked opportunistic to me. I was just pinged by that post as I read through the interactions, I didn't scum read you for it or anything.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I'll concede his behaviour at (original) EoD was anti-town and petty. And in spite of my town read of him I would prefer him over Rag.

He has intentionally dragged his feet in this extension, avoiding the work he claimed he needed tme to do in favor of inactive player ISOs, making jabs at current posters, and doing the pity party thing where he says he can sub out if I felt town deserved "better players"

Do you disagree with any of these observations?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
He has intentionally dragged his feet in this extension, avoiding the work he claimed he needed tme to do in favor of inactive player ISOs, making jabs at current posters, and doing the pity party thing where he says he can sub out if I felt town deserved "better players"

Do you disagree with any of these observations?
Can't say I do, no. tbh I would just say do what you want with him. He had a fairly strong start with the extension then kinda hit the brakes, which is reasonable frustrating.

I townread him for being sincere about saying he wasn't above acting like an idiot as scum (in regards to his mistakenly townreading Ex post-death), but I'm sure it wouldn't be all that difficult for you to give a compelling reason to think otherwise. I only townread him for the content he did produce, most of his posts are meh at best.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I can see scum claiming lovers in this setup because you might need a high risk, high reward fake claim established to win a game like this. I don't think it makes sense to lynch that slot without giving mechanics a chance to resolve it first, though.

@Kirino I don't really feel like you're trying to catch scum. I could be wrong but I feel like you've spent most of the day justifying your play rather than trying to advance the game.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Can't say I do, no. tbh I would just say do what you want with him. He had a fairly strong start with the extension then kinda hit the brakes, which is reasonable frustrating.

I townread him for being sincere about saying he wasn't above acting like an idiot as scum (in regards to his mistakenly townreading Ex post-death), but I'm sure it wouldn't be all that difficult for you to give a compelling reason to think otherwise. I only townread him for the content he did produce, most of his posts are meh at best.

I can't tell you how many times I've talked about what I would do as scum while being scum but I get that's not a mechanically sound point.

I present to you another lynch with plenty of reasons; vote Rubik and make him a viable wagon and I'll let you have your extra phases with Rag and Kirino

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I can see scum claiming lovers in this setup because you might need a high risk, high reward fake claim established to win a game like this. I don't think it makes sense to lynch that slot without giving mechanics a chance to resolve it first, though.

@Kirino I don't really feel like you're trying to catch scum. I could be wrong but I feel like you've spent most of the day justifying your play rather than trying to advance the game.

Stop trying to bus your partner and go ISO Jinjo dammit

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I can't tell you how many times I've talked about what I would do as scum while being scum but I get that's not a mechanically sound point.

I present to you another lynch with plenty of reasons; vote Rubik and make him a viable wagon and I'll let you have your extra phases with Rag and Kirino
If you seriously think I'm scum, you're more delusional than I am.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I find that you usually trust claims, for the most part, and your reasoning for supporting the lynch on Rag pre-lovers claim looked opportunistic to me. I was just pinged by that post as I read through the interactions, I didn't scum read you for it or anything.

I'm skeptical of claims depending on how they go down. When Rag was refusing to claim the game it just made two scumreads look even scummier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom