• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Rubik - 1 (Johnny Sooshi)
Jinjo - 1 (Kirino)
Poyzin - 2 (CynicalSquid, Morbid Minish)
Silverfish - 1 (Funnygurl555)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Ragnarokio - 1 (MixMasterLar)
Captan_Lunch - 4 (Spiritual Mask Salesman, funnier6, Jinjo, Silverfish)

Not voting - Captan_Lunch, Poyzin, Mellow Ezlo, Rubik

With 15 players alive it takes 8 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Friday, June 19th 2020 at 7:00 PM EST.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I don't think my opinions have fundamentally shifted. I'd still prefer to lynch SMS with Jinjo as a second place. I could also see a Silver lynch, since there've been many reads on Killjoy and it could also help determine SMS's alignment. I wouldn't necessarily hate a Poyzin lynch, but I think we can do better than going after inactives when we have actual scum reads. Would rather just have the vig take care of him and other inactives.

Don't you think it's even theoretically possible that Rag just made a bad play there? That it could've just been a mistake rather than some damning and irrefutable scumtell?

It's difficult for me to defend it because I wasn't consulted about it before it was posted and I can see why it doesn't look good, but suffice to say I wasn't very worried given my extreme confidence that Sun wouldn't flip scum. From that perspective, it actually seemed like it'd be effective in preventing scum from reading us as lovers given the absence of risk.

And like Rag said, you're simply ignoring all counterarguments and refutations of your position, which consist of much more than just the strawman of "hurrr they lovers and maybe made mistake???? :^)))" They've been repeated endlessly so there's no point in reviving them when you've already made it clear that you won't listen.

One time. Where are you pulling all these other instances out of?

This doesn't gel with your previous hard defense that it was obvious Sun would flip 3P, before i had proven that Rag stated she was legit scumreading him as a reason to still be on the wagon (the other instance of how this is a lie, btw).

Even now you are inconsisntant in your defense.

If Rag is your top scum vote rag

Boom made this easy

If Rag isnt your top scum stop implying she is while doing nothing about it.

Actually did you ever make a reads? If you're uncertain start by making reads
I made a nice rainbow a few (dozen) pages back. No one seemed to care about my nice rainbow though. Maybe funfun did, but everything is kinda running together.
And like I said before, a Rag lynch is not in my best interest today. But it's something I'd probably pursue tomorrow depending on night events.
Unvote

Vote: Poy
Keeping it tied mate?

Kirino

Tatakae
This doesn't gel with your previous hard defense that it was obvious Sun would flip 3P, before i had proven that Rag stated she was legit scumreading him as a reason to still be on the wagon (the other instance of how this is a lie, btw).

Even now you are inconsisntant in your defense.
I would respond but despite my best efforts I honestly can't understand what you're saying here. Maybe if you specified what you're responding to and what the inconsistency is.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
but that I'm lying about why I made my play.
Well, we already know that you said you did it to distance from Kirino, but you cracked and threw him under anyway, though the plan was supposedly to make sure this didn't happen. The only argument I can see being made is if you get lynched today you both die, and you were actually doomed before your claim, which I need to look back to see if thats true that your wagon made things look hopeless for you.

Idk where you are getting this Rube and funnier saying they think you made the right play is them lying. That's their opinion apparently, people can have a wrong opinion on a matter. I think funnier is town, I'm banking on Rube's claims that he can be mechanically cleared. You could be town and made a bad play, I've already acknowledged this, it's an equaly valid scenario after analysis of the situation that you are scum. Atm I don't have a tinfoil theory that Rube and funnier think my opinion is correct and that they are lying to keep you around or whatever. I think their actual opinion is you made an optimal play, and they certainly can hold to that opinion even though I think it's the wrong opinion. If you flip scum, I would probably need to take a look back and see who argued you made the optimal town play and re-evaulate them, but atm there is no need to tinfoil Rube and funnier over this, and if yoy flipped scum, just because you flip scum doesn't mean anyone who agreed you made the right play automatically has to be scum too.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
The only argument I can see being made is if you get lynched today you both die, and you were actually doomed before your claim, which I need to look back to see if thats true that your wagon made things look hopeless for you.

it was kirino's idea to claim. i would have preferred to try and dispel the wagon without fullclaiming. The day basically went like this

[i'm the leading wagon when the day is ~7 hours from over iirc]
[i claim mason without outing my partner]
[i'm asked to claim what game i'm from by minish, to which i refuse (not wanting people to know i was actually a lover and not a mason), this causes my wagon to grow]
[i try to argue that lynching me based on what i've already claimed is a bad idea, but it doesn't work and as the deadline gets closer i decide that i should out kirino as my partner]
[i out kirino but minish isn't happy and still demands to know what game i'm frorm, and my wagon doesn't move]
[i think that my wagon will probably move because lynching me at this point would be anti-town imo but kirino thinks it would be better to yield and fullclaim, so i do so]
[my wagon still doesn't move much and there are arguments about whether i'm lying or not and ultimately it looks like jinjo will be lynched when an extension is granted one minute before deadline]

Kirino

Tatakae
Looking back, I think the strength of Rag's assertion regarding Sun is being exaggerated. Here's a post she made after Sun claimed:
its still possible (if unlikely) that he's lying.
This is her explicitly saying that it's unlikely for Sun to be lying about his claim, meaning she thinks it's likely he's telling the truth about being Dreaming God. In other words, she thinks it's unlikely for him to be scum.

She did say she was scum reading him in a post soon after, but given the context, this clearly didn't mean she thought he was scum. Rather, she was scum reading him based on behavior, in a way that left the possibility of him being scum open, though unlikely, and that helped motivate her vote against him. In other words:
there's value in lynching him if he's telling the truth and even more value in lynching him if he's lying.
The unlikely possibility that he might be scum based on her scumreading him (based on posts, independent of claim) was merely an additional reason to lynch him. But she never actually thought Sun was scum after his claim.

Basically, I think the post where she said she was scumreading Sun is being exaggerated and taken out of context in a way that makes her subsequent shade-throwing on me seem worse than it actually is.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
This is also one of the stronger pieces of evidence that specifically suggests I'm not lying, although you can still WIFOM it. If me and kirino are scum, I would have had no reason to withhold which game i'm from. Simply claiming it upfront when asked would have pulled suspcion off me quicker. The only feasible scum motive for withholding the information is that the scumteam doesn't have two roles in a game with lovers. This would mean if we claimed our game (anime 1) then the real anime 1 player(s) would counterclaim and we'd be outed as liars. Because we haven't been counterclaimed this obviously isn't the case.

The only other alternative is galaxy-brain level WIFOM where i imagined this entire progression and thought it would make my claim more realistic and so only pretended to hesitate to reveal what game i was from. This doesn't really help my play at all though, since as soon as I claim masons as scum I'm ****ing over my own team anyway. If we are scum then me and kirino will almost certainly both be killed/lynched before the game ends. I'd have been much better claiming something like cop because then i could potentially out the real cop and i wouldn't have to risk a scum-mate's life if my bluff is called. I can't really think of a scenario in which claiming masons as scum is better than claiming cop, which is probably why I've never seen it done before.

I like sunsun so I'm not going to vote for him! :)

I also like funfun but I want to vote for him! :)

Vote: funnier6
sunsun is a better partner for me and I gotta start bussing somewhere! c:
Speaking of entrances, this is very awkward. Is there a reason why you’re RVSing i’m funnier rather than sun?
Cuz I gotta vote for bus my fun pal :)

Hey look guys I'm digging a tunnel!

Day 1 Final Vote Tally:
The Sun Fan - 6 (ExLight, Spiritual Mask Salesman, MixMasterLar, Ragnarokio, Johnny Sooshi, Killjoy)
Jinjo - 1 (funnier6)

ExLight - 1 (naga10)
DekuNut - 1 (Rubik)
Spiritual Mask Salesman - 4 (The Sun Fan, Kirino, Mellow Ezlo, Morbid Minish)

Not voting - Jinjo, DekuNut, DawningWinds, Poyzin, Giri

You may have already said and I haven't got to it yet, but explanations from funnier, naga and Rubik would be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom