• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia X

Status
Not open for further replies.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Tristan I see you

But Rag straight open-wolfing

If I'm wrong on Rag/Kirino you guys can ****ing hammer me d3 for all I care. There's no way I have proof that someone is lying and not vote here, period.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Tristan I see you

If I'm wrong on Rag/Kirino you guys can ****ing hammer me d3 for all I care. There's no way I have proof that someone is lying and not vote here, period.
If we get to keep the remaining 24 hours, I promise I'll reread everything you had to say about Rag and Kirino, and I'll give their posts a read too.

For now, I'm going out. I think we've made decent progress and I myself still have a good bit of work to do.

If y'all hammer someone while I'm gone I ain't gonna be happy lol.

How are you in a corner?
I don't want to hit Jinjo, it feels dirty to hit a town read.
I mean, Rag of all people is still on my top hit list, and I don't know what that says about me.
I feel like an inactive/uncomfy slot is my best bet because the night is gonna get us more information than the day at this rate.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Idk what their deal is, I hold that it's not ever the play you make, but maybe debating the game theory further is better left after the game.

What makes you comfortable that I'm lying but not them? If you think both us are lying but lynching me is more harmful if I'm not than lynching them is, then it makes sense that you should lynch funnier or rubik ahead of me. If you don't think they're lying but you think I am then you should probably have a reason why you think I'm lying but not them.

Tristan I see you

please don't set up a town chain-lynch

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I mean, Rag of all people is still on my top hit list, and I don't know what that says about me.
I feel like an inactive/uncomfy slot is my best bet because the night is gonna get us more information than the day at this rate.

want to refresh me on why you think i'm scum?

I'm not even voting you today and before it was Lar who made some good reasons for me to vote you again after your claim when he said you casted shade on your partner and that did look strange.

Unvote

Vote CL

I can vote either CL or Poyzin today since they are not putting any effort into the game.

Don't worry. I will be putting maximum effort into this game.

MixMasterLar

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
If Rag is your top scum vote rag

Boom made this easy

If Rag isnt your top scum stop implying she is while doing nothing about it.

Actually did you ever make a reads? If you're uncertain start by making reads

Ragnarokio

hey CL want to lynch SMS for me?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
What makes you comfortable that I'm lying but not them?
They aren't you, they didn't make the play. It doesn't matter if they believe you are lying or not, or if they believe it was a optimal town play or not - everyone is going to interpret these things differently, but ultimately what matters is the person who made the play, and how they followed through with it. You scum read Kirino D1 saying he'd be your next lynch D2 if Sun flipped red. I think this is a bad town play. Anyway, obviously you couldn't have known for sure if Sun would flip red, so if you are town you shouldn't make this play because if the possibility of sun flipping red is real than you may end up having to push a lynch on your lover on D2, and this isn't ideal.

Now, if we consider you are scum, you know sun isn't flipping red, thus you know you won't actually have to push for a lynch on Kirino.

Bottom line, bad town play, it looks to me as only beneficial as a scum play.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't think my opinions have fundamentally shifted. I'd still prefer to lynch SMS with Jinjo as a second place. I could also see a Silver lynch, since there've been many reads on Killjoy and it could also help determine SMS's alignment. I wouldn't necessarily hate a Poyzin lynch, but I think we can do better than going after inactives when we have actual scum reads. Would rather just have the vig take care of him and other inactives.

The claim is at best weak but overwhemingly kneecapped by their very posts! It isn't even like anyone is countering my evidence all I hear in defense in "well people make mistakes" and "they said they're lovers so...."
Don't you think it's even theoretically possible that Rag just made a bad play there? That it could've just been a mistake rather than some damning and irrefutable scumtell?

It's difficult for me to defend it because I wasn't consulted about it before it was posted and I can see why it doesn't look good, but suffice to say I wasn't very worried given my extreme confidence that Sun wouldn't flip scum. From that perspective, it actually seemed like it'd be effective in preventing scum from reading us as lovers given the absence of risk.

And like Rag said, you're simply ignoring all counterarguments and refutations of your position, which consist of much more than just the strawman of "hurrr they lovers and maybe made mistake???? :^)))" They've been repeated endlessly so there's no point in reviving them when you've already made it clear that you won't listen.
I deny it can be true because of what they've done mutiple times
One time. Where are you pulling all these other instances out of?

Ragnarokio

They aren't you, they didn't make the play. It doesn't matter if they believe you are lying or not, or if they believe it was a optimal town play or not - everyone is going to interpret these things differently, but ultimately what matters is the person who made the play, and how they followed through with it. You scum read Kirino D1 saying he'd be your next lynch D2 if Sun flipped red. I think this is a bad town play. Anyway, obviously you couldn't have known for sure if Sun would flip red, so if you are town you shouldn't make this play because if the possibility of sun flipping red is real than you may end up having to push a lynch on your lover on D2, and this isn't ideal.

Now, if we consider you are scum, you know sun isn't flipping red, thus you know you won't actually have to push for a lynch on Kirino.

Bottom line, bad town play, it looks to me as only beneficial as a scum play.

Arguing that its a bad play is fine. If you're applying hanlon's razor though, then you need to prove not that my play was bad, but that I'm lying about why I made my play. If you think I would have known better than to make that play and so you don't think I'm being honest about thinking the play is justifiable, then you have reason to vote for me. However, if you think that then you presumably also think that about funnier and rubik, which begs the question, why are they lying? Maybe your opinion of me is much higher than funnier and rubik's and so you think that while they'd be so foolish as to make the play you see as bad, that i would never do that?

You can say its about me and not them, but if your case on me is based on me lying about the reasoning behind making the play, but you're not holding others accountable for doing the exact same thing then you're demonstrating concerning double standards. They become even more concerning when the necessarsy amount of evidence to lynch me should be much higher than anyone else considering me dying today potentially makes tomorrow LyLo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom