• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen or Pencil?

Pen vs Pencil

• Pen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pencil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'm with Locke -- but if I had to choose, I would use a pen. But only if they're the high quality pens. You won't see me writing with one of those God-awful pens that you buy in packs of ten at the Dollar Store. Nope, I have a certain brand and type of pen that I have to use, otherwise I refuse.

Honestly, anything but a mechanical pencil. Those things are atrocious.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Depends on what I'm doing. I do prefer a pencil, since with that I can erase my mistakes. A pen is nice to write with sometimes, like when I'm writing in my journal or something. They do have such a thing as an eraser pen, which I think is pretty cool! I don't think they're very popular, though. They should be! :)

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
Depends on what I'm doing at the time.
Though, most of the time, I like using a pencil, because I tend to make a lot of mistakes...
and even if I DON'T make a mistake, I like to have the option to fix a potential mistake I might make along the way.

now, for drawing, I usually use pencil first, but then I go over it with pen. I don't like Pencil lines in my drawings, if I'm doing it seriously.
er- that is to say, when I'm using color. I usually go over it with pen, but I still dislike the pencil lines before hand.
However, if it's just a simple doodle, I will sometimes just leave it un-colored and in pencil.

for writing, I actually prefer neither. I prefer typing out my thoughts over writing them. But, if I have to, I would rather choose pencil, because paper does not have spell check, and I'm very questionable on my spelling sometimes. And, again, it's because I can correct mistakes with pencil. Can't do that with pen. With pen, the most you can do is scratch it out and make it look ugly, and I hate that.

And I know, there ARE erasable pens, but those aren't really pens >_>
to me, the meaning of "Pen" is "one that can not be erased" .... also, erasable pens always suck for me.
They never want to flow the ink out smoothly enough..... so yeah, I totally discredit them. They don't even matter.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
both. I prefer to correct with a pink or green gel pen. Any other situation warrants a mechanical pencil.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
My handwriting with pen is far more atrocious than my handwriting with pencil. Aside from that, I find pens to be unwieldy; I'm a leftie and things just need to feel right or else...I won't like 'em. :)

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
I prefer pencil myself, as that way if you make a mistake you can at least erase and do it right, heheh. In regards to drawing I will often do everything in pencil at first and then outline it all in black pen afterwards though, one and then the other.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I like pencils for drawing, but that is about it, unfortunately. And, obviously for the random thing I need to erase. Mechanical pencils are the way to go, over sharpening. For general use, I use pens. I like ones that write smoothly and solidly, like a "gel pen" does. I also like cheaper ones that flow nicely, meaning they don't leave an uneven amount or no ink at all in places. I try not to get too attached to the writing utensils that I use, however, because they will eventually run out of ink or lead and then they will be useless to me :(

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
A pen for sure. Me and pencils don't get along well. I always end up biting them into pieces. It's a bad habit. I once did it with a pen too but made such a mess I never did it again

octorok74

TETTAC
Pen. It flows better over paper and doesn't make a scratching sound like pencils do. And the ink rarely fades so you don't have that problem.

MW7

I make lots of mistakes so I definitely prefer to use pencils. I only use pens to sign things. However, I also agree that Locke's outside the box answer trumps both pens and pencils.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom