• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pen or Pencil?

Pen vs Pencil

• Pen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pencil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
i like pens because they feel smoother and are easier to write with.. they also don't smear all over the page if you give it a little time to dry. though with pencils they smear regardless..

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
For writing it would have to be a Pen! But they smudge so much and evertime I leave them in my pocket they seem to leak.....So actually I would say pencil :)

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I use the Pen when I don't have my pencils. I mostly use Pencil because when I write in Pen, my handwriting looks awful. So, Pencil my best choice.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I personally use pens. I own a single pencil for sketching and a few colored pencils for detailed drawing, even though it doesn't show up on my scanner :/. I really like gel pens and felt tip pens.

I dislike pencils mainly because I have a sharp sense of hearing and the sound of pencils has sent me into a homicidal rage before. Although that was someone intentionally trying to screw with me... :S

It really depends on what I'm doing... When I'm, like, writing and whatnot, I like pens. I'm not über picky about the pens I use, but I do like black ink versus blue ink--just regarding the standard ink colors there, haha... But I'm really not too fond of doodling in pen... er, well, I'll doodle in pen if I'm doing it on homework assignments or schoolwork... but if I'm legitimately putting half-effort into it, I like using a pencil. Not that I really use the eraser much, but just the notion that mistakes are permanent with pens for the most part would make me more likely to make them.

The biggest downside to pencils is that they like to smear a lot. Pens--especially ballpoint pens--don't have as much ink issues and explosions for me as much anymore now that I stopped trying to take them apart... (I can't hepl the fact that pens are fun to dissect... I mean, the pen tips make perfect mini-bullets once you clean all the ink out of them... <3)

Oh, but I guess I'll say I prefer pens. I don't really use pencils unless I'm anticipating making mistakes on things--such as drawings, as I mentioned earlier. But nerm.

I prefer a pencil. The pencil has the ability to erase mistakes and is not permanent like a pen. It is much easier knowing that if i make a mistake i can easily correct it without worrying too much. I do however, use a pen when i'm done with the drawing to outline the picture for better detail.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I prefer pencils to pens. I feel more comfortable and relaxed holding a pencil, as I know that I can easily erase any mistake.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I prefer pencils over pens. I mess up a lot while i'm writing, so if I were to mess up while righting with a pen, i'd have to start over.

Basically I like pencils more because I can erase things.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
I like pens. And only black pens, at that. I don't like pencils that much, because the lead can break easily and sharpening is always a hassle, and there's no cap or button to mess with. And mechanical pencils just suck.

I prefer black pens over other colours because it seems bolder, and blue just seems less formal.

Black pens FTW.

Well, it depends on the task at hand. For instance, I generally prefer ink, as I feel that my hand flows more smoothly that way. I have also become accustomed to ink due to the fact that the majority of writing tasks require its usage. I use pencil on the other hand when doing math
problems and the sort; after all, with math, that is a given.

Although... In general I like to use both of them for drawing, but that, too, depends on what I am drawing at the time. For example I typically use ink when drawing landscapes and abstract pictures. With abstract pictures the ink allows for me to somewhat mimic the technique of painters, while it allows for for the many lines and shapes of my "signature" labyrinthine works (they're not as great as they may seem).

For anthropological works - people, animals, and such - I typically use pencil. Aside from the sketching involved with said works, there is no real reason behind this; it is just what I have gotten used to, I guess. (or the real reason could very well correlate with the fact that I have lots of pencils lying around just about everywhere, and I mostly like to draw humans, animals, and humanoids.)

So... in a nutshell, I guess one could say that I don't have a particular preference in writing utensil. It all just depends on the time and situation.

Everyone always tells me that pen looks better, but I never really understood it. I mean with pencil if I make a mistake I can just erase it. But with pen, I have to draw a line over the mistake and just leave it there (which I think makes the paper look terrible). So that's pretty much why I prefer to use pencil.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I use pencils, but if someone says that I am needed to use the pen, I use erasable pens which removes by friction. I love to use pencils but I really think it depends on what activity that you're doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom