• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Peanutjoepap's Timeline

Erimgard

Even Ganon loves cookies
^TSA was referring to the SNES version.

Bill Trinen was saying that he made things more consistent on the GBA version.

This.

TSA said the Japanese SNES version and American SNES version had differences (in text). Trinen said that the GBA American version was changed to match the Japanese SNES version.

He didn't add anything. He corrected it back to the original, un-bastardized/Americanized form.

^That was on topic.

It stemmed from Zemen talking about PotFS, me saying I don't think it matters much, Pinecove posting an interview in the hopes of proving me wrong, Erimgard saying that the interview is inconclusive, Zemen saying that Erimgard is biased and wrong, Erimgard saying once again that the interview is inconclusive, Zemen saying that something that Erimgard said was wrong, me saying that Zemen was wrong, and Erimgard agreeing with me.

It's all VERY on topic.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It doesn't matter wich of the SNES versions had the correct text, they were both retconned.
The canonical version is the GBA version, wether like it or not, period

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
It doesn't matter wich of the SNES versions had the correct text, they were both retconned.

Agreed.

You are trying to argue that the PotFS may not be canon but it is in the currently canon version of ALTTP and no one has come around to say that it isn't canon. It clearly connects ALTTP to the Four Swords saga so it can't just be ignored and thrown out the window.

Maybe not. It's worth debating.
Agreed.

You are trying to argue that the PotFS may not be canon but it is in the currently canon version of ALTTP and no one has come around to say that it isn't canon. It clearly connects ALTTP to the Four Swords saga so it can't just be ignored and thrown out the window.
I didn't say it isn't canon, I said it doesn't matter. Just like how Triumph Forks in TMC ARE canon, but I doubt that it's a timeline reference.

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Ugh...this has gone on too long. why even argue if the PotFS is canon. in no way does it connect Alttp to the FS saga. sure, there are four swords in it. big deal. it doesn't mean they have to be fragments of the four sword.

S

Subrosian

The main thing I spotted that was wrong with this timeline,
is that it completely ignores the fact that Triforce of the Gods and The Dreaming Island occur next to one-another, similar to OoT and MM.

^LA doesn't HAVE to be a sequel to LttP.

It's logical and was clearly the original intent, but it can take place after other games.

However TWW/PH/LA makes no sense as Link didn't really help Hyrule... he more assisted in destroying it lol

Ugh...this has gone on too long. why even argue if the PotFS is canon. in no way does it connect Alttp to the FS saga. sure, there are four swords in it. big deal. it doesn't mean they have to be fragments of the four sword.

Although they literally come together at the end to reform the Four Sword. That pretty much signifies that it was in four separate sections.

I myself do not agree that the Palace is a huge deal in connecting the Four Sword Saga to ALttP. It definitely seems more like an added quest that gives players some extra replay value, and a reward of sorts after beating both games. Had they given a little more story to the Palace, then it would have been obivous as a connection. But there are no characters in the game that even talk about the Palace aside from the creature at the beginning of it, who says something along the lines of "Only true heroes are allowed in". This doesn't give the Palace any more importance towards the timeline, nor does it connect ALttP to FSA in any way.

Now what can be made from the Palace is some really good guessing. You could technically say that the Four Sword was broken (not necessarily physically, but separated into four separate swords), which would explain how Ganon escaped between FSA and ALttP. This is the point that Zemen is trying to make, and its a point I have brought up as well in the past, but its not the best point to use.

The fact is, the Palace of the Four Sword doesn't even have to be there for a person to connect FSA to ALttP. The GBA Version of ALttP technically doesn't even have to be there to connect the two. FSA makes plenty of references to Ganondorf (man) going to some Pyramid (such as the one in ALttP), to search for the Trident (which he has in ALttP). At the end of FSA, we see Ganondorf has apparently gotten the Trident of Power and he has transformed into Ganon (resembling his form from ALttP). At the end of FSA he is sealed within the sword; We find out during ALttP that he is no longer in the sword.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

If it is in the canon version of the game, then, it is CANON, period, end of story

startimer

Resident Cartographer
Thanks Mosely. I didn't know about the 'coming together' part. And yes, I also believe in FS/FSA--Alttp, but I get annoyed when people use the PotFS as evidence. ANYWHO, back on topic....

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
There's a difference between canon and important to the timeline.

Yes, true, but you made a comparison earlier using the mentioning of the Triumph Forks in MC and how you don't think that should be a timeline placer. That is a terrible comparison to the PotFS for a couple reasons.

1) You have to translate Hylian to figure out that there is any mentioning of the Triumph Forks in MC. Not only that but you have to find the correct book which would cause you to have to translate all of the Hylian on every book until you find the right book.

You don't have to do anything like that for the PotFS. You go to the DW and you see a guy standing outside of a pyramid (I think it's a pyramid). Anyway, that pyramid(?) is the PotFS. The guy outside tells you that only those who have proven themselves can go in. There is no wild goose chase like their is with the Triumph Forks.

2) The Triumph Forks are a tiny minuscule thing in MC that you wouldn't notice or even look for unless you already knew it was there. The PotFS is an obvious addition to the game.

It clearly connects ALTTP to the Four Sword saga seeing as how it's the only non Four Sword saga game that has the Four Sword mentioned in it.

Seems like an obvious timeline placer to me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
About the Triumph Forks in MC, I believe that it was either unintentional, or just an easter egg.
Or maybe Myiamoto will change his opinion and place MC in a new place with the release of Spirit Tracks, who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom