• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pawned my WiiU, and I have sone questions about my NNID.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
So, I'm not sure if this is the right place, so please feel free to lock or delete this thread, but I'm kinda stumped as to what I should do.

So long story short, this year financially has been rough for my family, and a month and some back I pawned my wii u and all but one of the games to help put food on the table and give our landlord some money. When I pawned it I had every intention to get it back out, but since then we've moved to a different state and the financial position hasn't really improved, though hopefully it's getting there all be it slowly, needless to say though I don't think I'll get my system out, I'm fine with in the grand scheme of things as I do intend to get a job and will hopefully just have enough to buy a new one. However, my NNID is still linked to this system, which I'm not ok with, this NNID is also linked to my 3DS which I still have, not in a pawn shop, what I'm afraid of though is if I just let the system go if perhaps someone who bought it might be able to access my miiverse or change my NNID password or access my eShop account, so, I'm curious if perhaps anyone here on ZD would know if perhaps it's possible, without a second wiiu to remove my account from my previous wii u, I intend to contact Nintendo, but I wanted to know ZDs opinion beforehand.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think that if you change your MiiVerse Password like this it would be needed to be entered in again on the Wii U when it is next accessed anyway wouldn't it? Do you have credit card details saved? If you do it would be a good idea to call Nintendo and get clarification for sure.

Night Owl

~Momentai
You're probably going to need to contact Nintendo about it.

Another option
If the pawnshop still has your WiiU, you can probably contact them and ask them to format the system.
It won't delete your NNID, so you can use it if you get a new wiiU and any downloaded games would still be linked to your NNID for download in the future. http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1723/p/431

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
Thanks for the replies. :)

I intend to contact Nintendo soon, so I'll see what they think. As for the password, I still have the same password on my 3DS so I should be able to know if anyobe wver does use it, I'll check out changing it, and aboit the pawn shop, I hadn't considered that, though I'm not sure if they could format it since it's locked but I'm not sure how that works, I'll have to contact them.

Oh and I didn't sell it, I pawned it, I should have formatted it either way though in hindsight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom