• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paul Anderson Confirms Resident Evil 6 Movie

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Paul W.S. Anderson's Resident Evil: Retribution arrives on 3D Blu-ray, Blu-ray, and DVD today. We caught up with the director to chat about the home video release, and he confirmed to us that Resident Evil 6 is going to be the final installment in this long-running action-horror franchise based on the popular video game.

"I feel that [Resident Evil: Retribution] is very much the beginning of the end for the Resident Evil franchise. I see this movie as the beginning of the end, and the set-up for an epic, and truly spectacular finale. Which I hope will be the next movie."

What does Paul W.S. Anderson hope to achieve with his final swan song?

"I couldn't possible tell you that. Definitely, the destruction and loss of the world. I can't tell you if it's the loss of the entire world. In terms of returning characters and themes, I do see this movie coming full circle. And circling back to the original characters and themes that were featured in the very first film. That's why you saw the return of the Red Queen, and Michelle Rodriguez's character. It is preparing you for a return to the hive, and a return to the scene of the first film."

Are there any characters from the first couple of movies that he'd like to bring back in this final chapter?

"There are a few of them, yes. I felt that, with this movie, there was a limit to what we could do. We were bringing back Colin Salmon, we were bringing back Michelle Rodriguez. There were a lot of returning characters. We were bringing back Sienna Guillory. I didn't want to overwhelm the movie with this endless parade of returning characters. But there are a lot of characters and themes in the franchise that I would like to return to. I think that is going to be one of the fun things. We've taken the audience on this epic journey, and then ultimately realizing that the journey comes back to the very beginning. Hopefully it makes them reexamine everything they have seen in the franchise. I think the final movie will not only be spectacular, but it will also make you want to go back and watch all of those blu-rays and DVDs again. And watch them through a different lens."

We don't have word on when Resident Evil 6 will begin production, but it is being targeted for a 2015 release date.

Resident Evil 6 comes to theaters in 2015 and stars Milla Jovovich. The film is directed by Paul W.S. Anderson.
Source: http://www.movieweb.com/news/exclus...nfirms-resident-evil-6-will-end-the-franchise

I heard Retribution was bad movie, so I don't care about that. Like all the other movies though, I'm not surprised there's going to be another one. But, wait Resident Evil 6? Hmmmmm....
tumblr_mbkg90zsru1rdagfgo1_500.gif
tumblr_mehuo9t2cd1rlr5uuo1_250.gif

I'll take it!!! What do you think will happen in the final film?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Not gonna lie, but this news doesn't really excite me. With how well these movies perform at the box office, and the ending of Retribution, a 6th was inevitable. These movies were never really anything spectacular, some may even say they aren't even near good. Personally, I enjoy these movies as dumb fun. I've never expected a direct adaptation, so I don't really count that against the films. I prefer to see it as a separate universe. Almost how Marvel has The Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man. With that said, all I really care about: is the mindless action, characters, video game homages and references. I don't go to theaters expecting a masterpiece.

Anyway, by the time this nears release, all my attention would probably already be focused on Resident Evil 7. Also, I doubt the Nivans (yeah, that's right, the Nivans) will be featured in it. The line-up they had at the end of Retribution was already big, and I'm sure they want to bring back other characters as well. What I'm expecting from Resident Evil 6, is some Leon and Chris action (which means very little in the movie-verse) and the Ustanak.

Last edited:

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I don't mind the movies. I personally think they're entertaining. But, there are some parts I found to be a little ridiculous. Like Uroboros infectees spitting out bullets from their fingers (that didn't happen in the game), or the lack of any BSAA involvement.

Also, I doubt the Nivans (yeah, that's right, the Nivans) will be featured in it. The line-up they had at the end of Retribution was already big, and I'm sure they want to bring back other characters as well. What I'm expecting from Resident Evil 6, is some Leon and Chris action (which means very little in the movie-verse) and the Ustanak.

:mad: The Nivans will be in there if Paul played the game. Once he sees how important Piers was to RE6, he'll have to include him. It would be cool if they included Sherry Birkin though. But, no more Leon and Chris. And certainly no doppelgangers!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I don't mind the movies. I personally think they're entertaining. But, there are some parts I found to be a little ridiculous. Like Uroboros infectees spitting out bullets from their fingers (that didn't happen in the game), or the lack of any BSAA involvement.

Are you referring to Michelle Rodriguez in Retribution? Because that was homage to Saddler from Resident Evil 4. The BSAA would of been a great idea, considering the scope of the franchise. Too bad though, they already had three movies by the time the BSAA was introduced in the games.

:mad: The Nivans will be in there if Paul played the game. Once he sees how important Piers was to RE6, he'll have to include him. It would be cool if they included Sherry Birkin though. But, no more Leon and Chris. And certainly no doppelgangers!

I highly doubt Anderson has played any of the games, from start to finish. He played a crossover part with the Ustanak, and showed interest in the monster. So I have a feeling he'll make his way into the film. Also, Piers isn't really that relevant to the series. He was in 1/4th of RE6, and...

...died at the end.

He has no place in this movie, unless we're supposed to believe that he and Chris met off-screen, during Retribution. Either way, more characters is just overkill at this point. Not like they're doing them any justice.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Are you referring to Michelle Rodriguez in Retribution? Because that was homage to Saddler from Resident Evil 4. The BSAA would of been a great idea, considering the scope of the franchise. Too bad though, they already had three movies by the time the BSAA was introduced in the games.

I knew that, but never mind. Before I watched Retribution on Sunday, I thought Michelle's character was infected with Uroboros like Jill. However, I was wrong. They were still focusing on the Plaga :dry: . It was an okay movie though. I had to stay up a bit after I watched it because there were some parts that.......... scared me a little.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The news of an RE6 movie really pisses me off. I didn't like any of the RE movies that Paul directed; the inclusion of OC Alice, the usage of certain viruses in the movies, and the direct rip of scenes from in-game weren't even pulled off decently. The worst was killing Wesker in Afterlife. It deserves a big fat ::wrong::

Oh boy. How is Anderson gonna mess up this movie? That'll be a tale I hope to never watch

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom