• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Path of Radiance Mafia Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flavor still doesn't go here.

In the night...

Lg has died. She was...
green

Day 2 will last 72 hours ending Monday, February 3rd at 10:00 PM EST. Day 2 begins now.

Last edited:

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Quick ISO of poyzin that I'm doing instead of homework:

To Rubik's point, "A Mafia Mailman" is a terrible defense and you even said in your message that you have multiple abilities. Being a Mafia JOAT with an x-shot Messenger isn't exactly a stretch in imagination. However, I do believe that the message went through, and that you probably are town. But the only way I'll be 100% convinced is if you send it to me, so get on it!
this is @ExLight and given that poyzin fake claimed joat i want to say ex is town (still needs to die but w/e it can be later) since poyzin framed the role as being part of a joat kit
If I were scum, I would send a message to somebody who I knew was town and tell them "I'm town". It would be even better if they were highly considered to be a lynch candidate, such as Echolight. Thusly, when Echolight flips town, I would earn townie cred by them claiming I was town.

It would be useful to my team because one of the members has just been "confirmed" town by a lynched and flipped townie. It also would be good for balancing purposes if there actually was a Town Messenger in the game to have an x-shot Mafia Messenger able to perform all of the same actions as the Town one.
biggest thing I take away from this is that it TMIs the Pen slot town
That's not what I mean.

If she is being scum read, then she may be lynched. If you send the message before she is lynched, then she will say that you sent the message, that you are town, and then she dies and flips town. That would look great for scum!you because you just got the support of a dead townie.
yeah this just makes it look like he knows echolight would flip town to me
but I could be wrong, this man is a mystery to me
I'm not somebody who usually comments on what reads other people have of me, but this is just a really bad take? Like no offense, I do think that you are a good player. But "apologizing" doesn't determine alignment; it means that the person wants to make sure that they are still friends after their second game with a new group of people and isn't rubbing everybody the wrong way. You feel?

I would have voted Doc tbh if I finished posting my Doc iso in the thread. Was a better lynch than Kirino from the D1 info available. While it would have ended up being a mislynch in the long run, that would have been my gut call over Kirino. I also didn't want to cast a naked vote to hammer Doc, because I wanted to make sure that I covered all of the bases before casting the hammering vote. Like if more than 7 people agree on a lynch, which is what happened with the Doc lynch, then it's guaranteed that 1 of the supporters would not be able to vote, as the hammer had been reached. Take that as you will; I just want to make sure that you know where my head was at at the end of the day.
this was directed towards me and funnier and I'm quoting it as an example of interactions that I don't think are w/w (in fact most of poyzin's interactions with funnier make me basically clear funnier)
...wtf? ExLight, my brother from a brother's brother, what are you thinking? While I do have my suspicions of you because you were quick to say that it would be ridiculous that a mafiosi would have a messenger-esque ability, I don't doubt that you're town. With the messenger action alone, you aren't. However, I am getting town-vibes from your demeanor and visible frustration that your town claim isn't being taken at face value. If you're town, you're useful, and I don't want you throwing away my game or anyone else's because you don't want to be in the limelight. You're not the jester, so you literally have no reason to vote for yourself besides make a scene.
this could actually be w/w tbqh
This is literally a scum's out for lack of content.

Vote: Namira

Get yourself together @ExLight and join me here. This is definitely a worthwhile push.
this clears namira in my mind
granted poyzin bamboozled me all day by derping constantly but like
I don't see him voting a scum bud like this and baiting ex who scum reads namira onto it as well
it's just a push for a mislynch
Wait, let me rephrase that. If I’m reading correctly, Moe town confirmed basically the whole Kirino wagon by saying the four people had the same alignment. So, that would leave all of the mafia on the Doc wagon, right? The only possibility of Namira being scum would be as a godfather, but going for this option is far more risky than just lynching off the Doc wagon, where the rest of the scum team should be sitting I would presume.

In funnier’s defense, your role is pretty OP for investigation purposes, so it’s understandable to think that you’re the only one. Baiting PR’s, though, is a big no-no. You probably are the only investigator though.
I feel like poyzin believed my fake claim, which means surprise surprise it was ACCURATE
shocker
View attachment 42337

Wooooow...

Vote: Namira

In before funnier says he doesn’t like my reaction or something.
on the other hand this feels a bit hammy and in hindsight this should have been a big red flag for me loool
Poyzin
Moe the Moblin

Minish
ExLight
Pen

DekuNut
LittleGumball
Rubik

Funnier6
Namira

This is where my head is at for the moment, in case my stances aren’t currently clear. I’m having a tough time with my read of Little Gumball.
probably one partner in minish/ex/pen and then another partner in deku/gumball/rubik
gumball and ex are never partners, pen is probably clear, rubik isn't partners with minish or ex probably so it's minish/deku, minish/gumball, or ex/deku probably
@funnier6 I'll pause here to get your thoughts
My thing with Namira is that they decided that they didn’t have anything to talk about, so they decided to abstain from saying anything while evidently keeping up with the thread. These actions of stepping back into the shadows and letting things run their course reeks of scum, and is my highest scumread. It’s a pretty simple read. My read on funnier is far more complex, but not as scummy.

My thing with funnier is that I believe they are claiming “doctor of sorts” early to get town cleared and not have to deal with a cop check. From my experience in role madness games, it’s good for investigative roles to claim early so that the protectors can keep them safe as they get results, forcing the protectors to be killed first. An unprompted “doc” claim does not make any sense to me, even if the details of the role are being kept secret, for which I wouldn’t blame you. However, scum!funnier could also just... not kill the person they stated they would save, or rolecop them instead of heal them to throw off a tracker of sorts. In addition, funnier can’t be “counter-claimed”, as the setup isn’t known to anybody. (While one can say “there’s only one doctor role”, I am highly skeptical that this is the case.) Suggesting an unCCed funnier is confirmed town is pretty hasty in my opinion. The difference between funnier’s claim and ExLight’s claim is that Ex has proof and a secondary confirmation from Echo that the mail went through. Funnier does not have that yet, so I’m not going to accept funnier’s towniness unless somebody gets results on their alignment OR they successfully save a lynch. With that being said, I don’t think funnier should be lynched tonight, because there is no reason to say they are or are not town or scum at this time, because they are not confirmed town in my eyes. Namira makes the most sense for a lynch today as far as I am concerned.

To address Moe’s claim, there is no reason for me to believe they are town or scum from the claim alone. It’s just their overall demeanor and the gall of their gambit that makes me believe they are town, not their claim.
I'm not going to bother reading this but this is more of that "non-w/w interactions" I'm seeing between poyzin and funnier/me
Unvote

Is "cluelessness" the reason that I'm being lynched today? Because a townie just forgot that Kirino claimed Doctor 4 days ago when they were drafting their list? Sure, I made a mistake, and I'm sorry.

Poyzin
Moe the Moblin

Minish
ExLight
Funnier6
Pen

DekuNut
LittleGumball
Rubik

Namira

With my updated information, this is what my readslist looks like.
minish jumps up to high green after poyzin is a wagon
if he's in antispew at this point I think that means minish is clear, which literally means ex just bussed his partner in a terrible manner lol
but if he's not in antispew/doesn't know what antispew is, then minish is still on the table

worth noting that funnier goes up to light green here, and as a whole the wagon is not very hard on anyone- he didn't want to clear any players in his read list, which means he was in antispew

so ex still needs to die tbh, it looks like a bus to me
Maybe it's just my conjured-up "cluelessness" but I can't remember a single time you have ever done so. It's basically just been funnier but funnier is just funnier and I'm slightly upset at funnier but I can't fault funnier because funnier is just trying to find scum. I'm just really confused why funnier is so deadset on me, because I know that I'm town and the mistakes (that I know I have made) are for the most part not an issue in my book.

However, issues are subjective, which is why I'm not as mad at funnier as I once was. If it is funnier's interpretation that I'm scum because I forgot known information, then at least I know in the future that I need to always have my ducks in a row. It sucks because I'm town and I didn't learn that lesson earlier, but it is what it is and I do see why there is a wagon on me. Even if I believe that the claims are far reaches at that, I can vaguely see the motivation.

Funnier count so far: 9 mentions.

Now it's my turn to comment before I flip. The votes are weak. I think that a wagon on me is an easy way out for finding what funnier describes as a very competent scumteam. Basically, this seems like people are voting me because I'm not very useful during the day, but I promise that I have a very useful night action that I cannot disclose at this time, but I will be sure to let you know if my action is successful tomorrow.
last paragraph definitely has to be an attempt at antispew
looks like he's trying to take me and minish down with him
first paragraph is just more evidence of funnier being town

so the scum team is exactly exlight/deku, most likely
I could be wrong about minish and that opens up minish/deku or minish/gumball worlds once again

any questions?

tldr
funnier and namira are pretty clear, pen is spewed clear p r o b a b l y, rubik isn't clear but doesn't seem to be viable partners with anyone else, rubik/ex/pen still ought to die unsurprisingly, odds are good that the kirino wagon was in fact pure but I have no clue how poyzin be so I could be misreading his reactions, trying to navigate poyzin's antispew suggests minish is town, tho ex going for poyzin as a bus instead of namira as a mislynch doesn't super add up
note that antispew is wifom and I'm a terrible person for trying to read anything out of it but hey SmS wAs A fRaMeKiLl so let me have this
for good players it's not worth diving into the antispew because most of the stuff they say is probably literally random but given how poyzin's read lists stack up it looks fairly straightforward to me

tldr for the tldr
I hate this game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom