• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Patch 1.5.0 information and advice (minor spoilers)

I will share some screenshots and my opinions of the new patch for Hyrule Warriors.

Nintendo's patchnotes are never the best. They are not fully detailed and a lot of the information we have to work out ourselves. But at least we have them now.

zlCfzS8XAlkOv_lf69

The Smithy

The cost to remove a weapon affix is 300k rupees. Pretty expensive so save it for the weapons you are maxing out with the Legendary affix.

zlCfzS8W588-YfzHiQ

The cost to appraise an unknown affix is 10x the number of KO's left. So an affix with 120KOs left before it's unlocked will cost 12K rupees to unlock for use. This does mean a fully unlocked 25k KO left Legendary affix will cost 250K rupees to unlock. I think it's better to just take the time to unlock the affixes by playing the game. I can see a use for this in three ways though:
  • People with millions of rupees can save the time spent to farm 25K KOs for the legendary affix.
  • People who want a specific affix can unlock everyone with same number of required KOs. The reason being, you don't waste time trial and error style till you get the affix you want
  • To remove the +XP affix when your character hits Lv200 (or whatever the newer max character level is)

zlCfzS8W7qw7W-I4oy

There are two new weapon affixes. Both require 4000KOs to unlock. (Well I assume there is two. I have not found others. And this type only has 2 as shown in game.

The first one is Special Attack +. I've not tried this on a hard stage with a decent weapon to see if it's really good. I think it has a use if you use a lot of special attacks but overall I think it's not the best simply because you have limited weapon slots and there are more worthy affixes to use. But I'm sure some people will like this one.

zlCfzS8WwPoc4-wkNi

The second one is Hasty Attacks. I have tried this one a little. And the attack speed increase is very noticeable. This works for your weak weak weak etc combos and every other weak + strong combo in the game. Does not work on X special attacks or Magic openers and finishers. But standard combos while you are using your magic are sped up. This helps a lot to deplete big boss weak point meters. And it makes killing the captains and hordes easier. From my limited use of this affix, I would say it's as good as the Legendary affix but in a different way. I think everyone will want this on their end game weapons.

zlCfzS8WyOMX7wHIuH

The Apothecary

There are three new potions in the game now.

The first is the XP Excelerator. The cost is 50 bronze materials and 10K rupees. I used this on my Lv130 Link on a network Link stage. And I got 1.5 levels in the stage. I don't think this is all that great. The weapon had the + XP affix on it also. This is nice but I didn't find the effect to be earth shattering. Nice but not a potion I'll be making many of I think.

zlCfzS8W1PI3G5LDso

The second is the Rupee Festival. The cost is 75 bronze materials and 1 rupee. I tried this on a Network Link stage, the dark Hyrule field one. I usually get roughly 20K rupees for a full clear of it, every fort taken and everything killed before I beat the stage. But with the potion I just hit 60K rupees in stage before I beat the last enemy hero. I did farm hordes around the enemy hero for about 1 minute to hit the 60K though. I think 50k to 60K is easy with the potion.

So assume 60K in stage. Plus 50k for stage completion and 20K for weapons sold that were found in stage. That's a total of 130K rupees. That's a lot. Not something you can do a lot of because of the material cost. But I think this potion is the best way to burn through your otherwise useless bronze materials once you have all the badges you want. So it's best to pick up every material now. As they are are worth rupees (with this potion). A very nice potion. I think people will be using this a lot.

zlCfzS8W234elILzWp

zlCfzS8Wbu49wGscv9

The third potion is the Material Master. The cost is 100 bronze materials and 50K rupees. I have not used this potion yet. Soon I'll give this a go. If this guarantees the top tier material for every kill (ie silver for captains and gold for enemy heroes/big bosses) then this potion will be worth it to farm these materials for the badges. On the other hand if this potion only increases the chance to get top tier materials slightly this potion will be garbage due to the high cost. If anyone else has used this potion and want to give their opinions on it, feel free to share them, I'll be interested to hear it (as will everyone else I am sure).

I think this potion could be amazing or trash depending on how much the increase rate is.

zlCfzS8W4bsTTPxVEZ

I don't have screenshots of the new medals yet. I have not even looked at them to be honest. I think they will be just the usual, beat the Terminia map and get all it's secrets and skulltulas.

Finally you can see the damage you have taken as a number on the pause screen in stage under your time taken so far. 100 damage per quarter heart damage taken. You can work it out easily enough but having the number there makes it much more convenient. The pause screen also has a restart stage option. Very nice if you fail A rank. And restarting a stage does not use up your bought potion, only returning to the map screen does.

Ok, so this patch was just released? I would have figured it would go along with the MM pack--though I'm already seeing people post MM pack screens on miiverse and it's confusing the hell out of me. Anyway, I need to get back and play HW; haven't played much since my sister's Winter Break ended... --What they really need is to let me hold onto more weapons. When will there be something for that? I get emotionally attached to my weapons. It's getting harder to discard them when, like... they're all special to me. R.I.P.

Ok, so this patch was just released? I would have figured it would go along with the MM pack--though I'm already seeing people post MM pack screens on miiverse and it's confusing the hell out of me. Anyway, I need to get back and play HW; haven't played much since my sister's Winter Break ended... --What they really need is to let me hold onto more weapons. When will there be something for that? I get emotionally attached to my weapons. It's getting harder to discard them when, like... they're all special to me. R.I.P.
The MM DLC pack is out in the EU/Australia and Japan now. US have to wait another week. I have the MM pack. But I think the US should have the patch 1.5.0 now though.
A higher max weapon limit would be nice I agree. As well as a way to make armour badges actually not worthless.

I took all the screenshots here I put in the first post.

I'm very dissapointed with the appraisal mechanic. It doesn't actually unlock the skill for you, it just shows you what the skill is then it locks back up again. It would of been worth the colossal amount if you could unlocked the skill without defeating all those enemies, but just to see what it is... kind of a waste of rupees, That's why I just turned the game off and on again to gain back those rupees.

Other then that, I absolutely love the new update. The Potion mixtures are amazing and the updated smithy is really good bar the appraisal.

The Majora's Mask DLC it's self is very good. I really like Young Link, He really can rack up the KOs. As for Tingle, he's really fun to battle with, I can't stop laughing at some of his attacks. I've had a go at the Termina Map... I'm gonna train alot before I start tackling that one. I still haven't finished the other maps yet.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Great thread, I was planning on making it myself but I got beaten to it. These are the new medals; there's five of them:

wujxqz.jpg

wwtjrw.jpg

Also, for the sake of it, here's a close look at the three new costumes:

vhoxvb.jpg

ncruhz.jpg

twuvjk.jpg

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
Is the Termina Map as ridiculously hard as the Twilight Map?

While damage is not that bad than it was in Twilight map, they don't do ridiculous damage, expect morale boosted guys, they have more HP than in other map's enemies. But time system can be kinda irritating, specially if there is hard mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom