• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Past story points you want to see Zelda address

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
There's been a lot of loose story threads that Zelda has left open over the past games. So I'm wondering if you guys are still hoping for any of them to come up again. Stuff like seeing what happened to Link after Majora's Mask, if Midna ever comes back, or the whole story with the Hyrulean Civil War, etc. Or any bits of plot or lore you want to see expanded on.

Pen

The game is on!
The Great Flood has always intrigued me especially. Part of me sees the value in keeping it as it is - just a historic event mentioned in The Wind Waker - but another part of me would love a game that features the events leading up to the flooding of Hyrule as well as the flood itself and the immediate aftermath. I feel like a game like that would have to be pretty different compared to a mainline Zelda game though, both in terms of story and in terms of gameplay. The protagonist would probably have to be someone other than Link, seeing as there was no hero who could save the kingdom during that time. It has the potential to be a gripping tragedy of sorts, but with the promise of the Great Sea at the end. I think a game like that would be a nice change of pace in many ways, and I would ultimately be happy to see that event be canonically expanded upon. :)

It might be kind of unnecessary for a game, but I'd be interested in seeing a game detailing the events that built up to Spirit Tracks and the settling of New Hyrule. Malladus as an actual threat would do some good to separate him from the other non-Ganon villains of the series, since he's supposed to be the big evil of New Hyrule and if they do plan to ever have another adult timeline game, it would be a better foundation for him to give him more of an origin story. Spirit Tracks prequel might also work as a decent transitional point for the series' relationship with the open world stuff of Breath of the Wild, and ease back into a more structured game while still having the openness of a land unexplored to satisfy fans of both.

Alternatively, anything pertaining to Lorule and/or the destruction of its Triforce would be amazing.

Reactions: Pen
I'd like to see them finally give the Imprisoning war proper coverage. Also the Hyrule-Gerudo war would be a great plot for a third HoT game, which I've also been itching for.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The Imprisoning War is the big one. It was mentioned in ALTTP, but is then never directly addressed in any game. Hyrule apparently fights a big war over the Triforce and yet no one writes it down or talks about it? Come on.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
The Imprisoning War is the big one. It was mentioned in ALTTP, but is then never directly addressed in any game. Hyrule apparently fights a big war over the Triforce and yet no one writes it down or talks about it? Come on.
looking at that branch of the timeline, ALBW is the only game that could've talked about it, since that idea didn't exist in the NES games and botw dumb

there's more of a case w/ the civil war in terms of why the frick haven't more games talked about it

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
looking at that branch of the timeline, ALBW is the only game that could've talked about it, since that idea didn't exist in the NES games and botw dumb

there's more of a case w/ the civil war in terms of why the frick haven't more games talked about it
It also could have been brought up in Link's Awakening or either of the Oracle games.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I know I've said this one before but I really want to get more lore or involvement from the 3 goddesses. They felt like they were supposed to be an important story element in OoT, just in the way they were presented, but nothing was ever done with them. And by Botw all of the focus is on Hylia. I think that they'd make for some really good story or even characters.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
well...yeah? I'd sorta give them a pass for that, especially link's awakening
It's just of hard for me to. I'm fine with games being standalone, but just making every entry in the series skirt around what was allegedly a world defining event takes away from the stakes of said event.

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The absolute beginning when Hylia was still immortal. I like to see a game about the rise of Demise. Yes, we're told about it in SS but still it would be cool to have a game involving this though

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom