• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Partners That Fight

Would you like a partner that helps you in fights?

• Yes! :D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! :mad:

• Don't Care. :dry:

• Total voters

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
In Sprit tracks Zelda Fought while she was a phantom. I would love to see this Again but this time an all the time thing. I feel that link is always depending on himself when he fights.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
I wouldn't mind seeing that happen but, i'm kind of picky with my AIs.

If they have a life gauge of their own, they need to be capable of fighting. Or at least competent enough that they duck for cover and don't stand in the middle of everything.

If they don't have a gauge, they just need to stay out of my way.

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
If it was like the cats or Cha-Cha in the Monster Hunter games, then that would work, but I wouldn' want to see it in a Zelda game, at least not for the entire game. Maybe only for a dungeon or two.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
Nope I'm used to Link doing all the fighting by himself:yes: so I think it would make the game easier and less of a challenge. Phantom Zelda I didn't mind because she only helped you in the Tower of Spirits Dungeon.

SwiftestPhantom

Ganondorf Incarnate
I think I'd like to be able to have a partner like that, but not for an all- time one... Zelda possessing the Phantoms in ST was a nice one, and not the all-time thing either...they should do more of that, yes.

It all depends on how it's done. If there was a partner who could fight along with Link, I would want to actually be able to control the character at the same time as Link, not have it just go by AI: in my experience, AI helpers tend to get in the way more often than not. In some games it works really well, but I don't think Zelda would be one of them. However, if you could control them a bit more, like Zelda in ST, then it might work out okay. However, I'd sort of rather they didn't go that far. The only time Link should ever need help is when he's getting it from himself (as in Four Swords.) :P

linkman8

True and Noble
I do think it would be interesting if they created a partner that would travel along with you and would be able to fight, but at the same time I wouldn't want them getting in the way or taking the most damage. I would definitely need to retain the ability to order them around, whether it's to avoid the enemy, attack them, heal him/herself, etc. I mean, Link is perfectly capable of killing enemies on his own, but it would be interesting at the least.

Maybe if they would introduce some kind of large battlefield with literally hundreds of enemies. In that case it would be nice. If not then no partner since the enemies are far too easy most of the time and too many enemies in every room would just be too much. Oh it would be interesting to have several bosses where you have to fight as a duo. There are possibilities to do it, but you still need a partner who would that be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom