• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Part of Breath of the Wild's Timeline Placement Confirmed

Zachie

Moo
In GameInformer Breath of the Wild was confirmed to take place after Ocarina of Time, and they use the dilipidated Temple of Time to point this out.

This is seemingly confirming Downfall Timeline, since in the other two the world is reset to normal.. right? It could still possibly be Adult Timeline, though.

o8dTRll.png

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
"After Ocarina of Time" is still kind of vague, though. There are a LOT of options still for its placement. This doesn't even tell us which timeline it falls under. That other info is far more intriguing. Zelda seems like a far more active and dynamic character than ever before, which is great. I really hope we have the option to travel with her.

The adult timeline did not reset... it carries on with everything you done within OoT having happened... Ganon sealed within the Sacred Realm, Hyrule Castle destroyed, Castle Town essentially in ruin, etc.
However, from this point until WW we know very little about the events of this timeline, so there is a lot of potential for additions to be made without conflicting with the established lore... but what we do know does bear some similarities to the backstory of BotW.

"After Ocarina of Time" is still kind of vague, though. There are a LOT of options still for its placement. This doesn't even tell us which timeline it falls under. That other info is far more intriguing. Zelda seems like a far more active and dynamic character than ever before, which is great. I really hope we have the option to travel with her.
We do but we're not sure if that's in the main game or in a memory

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
In GameInformer Breath of the Wild was confirmed to take place after Ocarina of Time, and they use the dilipidated Temple of Time to point this out.

This is seemingly confirming Downfall Timeline, since in the other two the world is reset to normal.. right? It could still possibly be Adult Timeline, though.

No it isn't! There are two other timelines that exist after OoT! One is called the Child Timeline and the other is called the Adult Timeline. To ignore this fact is absurd. While Aonuma already denied an Adult Timeline. Then with the game confirmed to be heavily connected to TP, with "Oh, I see" moments, and official word that TP is the "origin point" for BotW. Not to mention Wolf Link, being the same one directly from TP, can appear in the game. So both AT and DT are ruled out. And now that the game is confirmed after OoT, that rules out the OT/UT. Leaving only the Child Timeline left. That said, I think we can pretty much conclude that this game is after TP.

Zachie

Moo
No it isn't! There are two other timelines that exist after OoT! One is called the Child Timeline and the other is called the Adult Timeline. To ignore this fact is absurd. While Aonuma already denied an Adult Timeline. Then with the game confirmed to be heavily connected to TP, with "Oh, I see" moments, and official word that TP is the "origin point" for BotW. Not to mention Wolf Link, being the same one directly from TP, can appear in the game. So both AT and DT are ruled out. And now that the game is confirmed after OoT, that rules out the OT/UT. Leaving only the Child Timeline left. That said, I think we can pretty much conclude that this game is after TP.

seemingly
ˈsiːmɪŋli/
adverb
  1. so as to give the impression of having a certain quality; apparently.
    "a seemingly competent and well-organized person"
    synonyms: apparently, on the face of it, to all appearances, as far as one can see/tell, on the surface, to all intents and purposes, outwardly, evidently, superficially, supposedly, avowedly, allegedly, professedly, purportedly;More
    • according to the facts as one knows them; as far as one knows.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
seemingly
ˈsiːmɪŋli/
adverb
  1. so as to give the impression of having a certain quality; apparently.
    "a seemingly competent and well-organized person"
    synonyms: apparently, on the face of it, to all appearances, as far as one can see/tell, on the surface, to all intents and purposes, outwardly, evidently, superficially, supposedly, avowedly, allegedly, professedly, purportedly;More
    • according to the facts as one knows them; as far as one knows.

I know what seemingly means. I saying that Nintendo saying that BotW is after OoT has nothing to do with the DT specifically. Also, the same can be said about the Temple of Time's state. Just because it's after OoT or the Temple of Time is ruin, doesn't explicitly mean it's a nod to the DT. In other doesn't seem like it's confirming the DT placement at all since it the DT nor any of it's traits, theme, or lore isn't even referenced or nodded to in that moment. To be honest, it actually seems like a CT placement is being confirmed slowly. Due to the design of the zoras revealed to being the same of like what we see in the CT. Same with the goron. The theme of the game being very sci-fi (another common thing in the CT). The appeal to western gamers (another common CT trait).

Calamity Ganon's role makes me think of vengeful spirits (kinda brings Ganondorf's fate in TP to mind). The Sheikah Shrines and Mech Beasts makes me of the Twilight Palace (another thing in the CT). The Great Bridge of Hylia. Wolf Link. And that horse statue from the recent Japanese trailer brings Epona to mind (an important character in the CT). That said, there are more strong connections to the CT than the DT. All the connections to the DT are, are simply inspiration and easter eggs, which aren't as powerful as the connections to CT. The connections to the CT seem to be more stronger than the DT connections. With that said, it's more seemingly confirming the CT placement, not the DT. Not to mention, we already have enough DT games for now. Plus we haven't gotten another CT game since 2006. That's over a decade ago!

Zachie

Moo
I know what seemingly means. I saying that Nintendo saying that BotW is after OoT has nothing to do with the DT specifically. Also, the same can be said about the Temple of Time's state. Just because it's after OoT or the Temple of Time is ruin, doesn't explicitly mean it's a nod to the DT. In other doesn't seem like it's confirming the DT placement at all since it the DT nor any of it's traits, theme, or lore isn't even referenced or nodded to in that moment. To be honest, it actually seems like a CT placement is being confirmed slowly. Due to the design of the zoras revealed to being the same of like what we see in the CT. Same with the goron. The theme of the game being very sci-fi (another common thing in the CT). The appeal to western gamers (another common CT trait).

Calamity Ganon's role makes me think of vengeful spirits (kinda brings Ganondorf's fate in TP to mind). The Sheikah Shrines and Mech Beasts makes me of the Twilight Palace (another thing in the CT). The Great Bridge of Hylia. Wolf Link. And that horse statue from the recent Japanese trailer brings Epona to mind (an important character in the CT). That said, there are more strong connections to the CT than the DT. All the connections to the DT are, are simply inspiration and easter eggs, which aren't as powerful as the connections to CT. The connections to the CT seem to be more stronger than the DT connections. With that said, it's more seemingly confirming the CT placement, not the DT. Not to mention, we already have enough DT games for now. Plus we haven't gotten another CT game since 2006. That's over a decade ago!

It also means that it has nothing to do with Child Timeline specifically. While I enjoy listening to your theories, please don't go as far as to disrespect mine in your quest to prove your own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom