• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Parodies of Zelda, Funny or Not?

Taggerung115

Warrior
Any good parody has to have comedy based on references to the original source material. Therefore to truly appreciate most good parody, you have to be familiar with the thing being parodied. A lot of good Zelda parodies are steeped in references that only a Zelda fan would notice. My personal favorites include "A Link to the Future" since I am also a Back to the Future fan, and the Legend of Neil series. In fact, if you've not seen Legend of Neil, watch it now. It is based around the original LoZ.

I love Legend of Neil too. It's awesome.

I like Zelda, that I do, however I have no problem laughing about things that are funny. I don't get insulted.

PARODIES ARE GREAT! I love the series as much as anyone, but poking fun at the things you love is just a way to show how much you love it. Even as I play, rolling through fields and listening to Link's grunting, I find myself mocking him out loud. Not because I think it's stupid, but because it's recognizable and iconic. This strays from the topic of the forum, but I've found the same to be true about Star Wars. I've never watched a Star Wars movie with friends without us all openly making fun of Luke, a character that we all love. Much like roasting a famous, iconic figure, it's to show homage and respect in a way we can all enjoy.

Z

ZeldaCrazed

I think most of them are pretty good. If you are a true fan you should be able to laugh at the masterpiece that is the Legend of Zelda.

I laugh at the funny parodies. there is no reason to be offended unless they bash the series. one of the few exceptions is when they make the parody really dirty and it makes you always think of that when you see the characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom