• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Parella Evolving into Zoras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
Well, this was just a random thought I had. Not sure if it's been discussed at all, so sorry if it has.

Could the Zoras possibly have evolved from the Parella? This is supported by the fact that there is a lack of Zoras in SS and Parella in every other game (all of which take place after SS). So my theory is that something caused the Parella to evolve into the Zoras. Thus turning jellyfish into manfish, and making the Parella the missing link of the Zoras. ^^

I believe that the Parella do evolve into the Zoras because the Parella are the only aquatic race found in Skyward Sword under a zora-like dragon guardian Faron. I see no reason why they can't be pre-Zoras. I also remember seeing early concepts of the Parella. They are more human-like than the current version to the point they are Zoras with squid-like heads, minus the tentacles.

Given that SS was meant to be the origin story, I'd say it's very likely. From a distance they do look very Zora like and I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch to say that at some point between SS and whichever game comes next on the timeline (can never remember if it's MC or OoT) that they needed to become more human like to increase their relations with other tribes.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
Given that SS was meant to be the origin story, I'd say it's very likely. From a distance they do look very Zora like and I wouldn't say it's too much of a stretch to say that at some point between SS and whichever game comes next on the timeline (can never remember if it's MC or OoT) that they needed to become more human like to increase their relations with other tribes.

SS is followed by MC, then OoT.

i assumed they became the Zora. the Zora are my favourite race in the series and i'm still a bit disappointed they didn't appear in SS

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Well, this was just a random thought I had. Not sure if it's been discussed at all, so sorry if it has.

Could the Zoras possibly have evolved from the Parella? This is supported by the fact that there is a lack of Zoras in SS and Parella in every other game (all of which take place after SS). So my theory is that something caused the Parella to evolve into the Zoras. Thus turning jellyfish into manfish, and making the Parella the missing link of the Zoras. ^^

Its possible, I think that they could become the zora's or something else could have happened like they become extinct and the zora's come along or the zora's come to hyrule and war breaks out between the two and the zora win thus the water kingdom become theirs. I thing your theory makes more sense.

Djinn

and Tonic
I honestly do not see any evidence that the Parella evolving into anything at all. They are for the most part a (possibly invertebrate) seahorse/dragon type species that lives near Hyrule. While the Zora are a bipedal humanoid species. There really is no connection other than the fact that they both happen to live in water near Hyrule. Well that does not mean that they are related. What if everyone in similar environments were considered to be related. Mogma, Gorons, some dragons, and lizalfos all live in volcanic mountains most of the time that does not make them related in any way. Gerudo, Zuna, and ancient robots live in deserts that does not make them perfectly related. There have been multiple cases of totally separate species living in similar areas and climates. The Anouki and Yooks of PH were an important side story.

Also the only time in the series when we see that a species evolved into another was in Wind Waker with the Koroks and Rito. Which were both caused by divine intervention. The Great Deku Tree shaped the Kokiri into the Koroks and Valoo was responsible for transforming the Zora into the Rito. Since the only two cases of evolution occurred because of the work of a deity then I would not assume any other species in the series to have evolved from or to any other species without a deity making it happen. There is no other occurrence of a species evolving into something else on their own. I do not see the cases presented in WW as evidence as it occurring each time in each game. There does not need to be an evolved from Species A from X game origin to every strange characters that appear in every sequel.

I honestly do not see any evidence that the Parella evolving into anything at all. They are for the most part a (possibly invertebrate) seahorse/dragon type species that lives near Hyrule. While the Zora are a bipedal humanoid species. There really is no connection other than the fact that they both happen to live in water near Hyrule. Well that does not mean that they are related. What if everyone in similar environments were considered to be related. Mogma, Gorons, some dragons, and lizalfos all live in volcanic mountains most of the time that does not make them related in any way. Gerudo, Zuna, and ancient robots live in deserts that does not make them perfectly related. There have been multiple cases of totally separate species living in similar areas and climates. The Anouki and Yooks of PH were an important side story.

Also the only time in the series when we see that a species evolved into another was in Wind Waker with the Koroks and Rito. Which were both caused by divine intervention. The Great Deku Tree shaped the Kokiri into the Koroks and Valoo was responsible for transforming the Zora into the Rito. Since the only two cases of evolution occurred because of the work of a deity then I would not assume any other species in the series to have evolved from or to any other species without a deity making it happen. There is no other occurrence of a species evolving into something else on their own. I do not see the cases presented in WW as evidence as it occurring each time in each game. There does not need to be an evolved from Species A from X game origin to every strange characters that appear in every sequel.

I read somewhere that zoras evolved into the birds in WW tho, which makes no sense because there was a flood, why can't zoras from OOT live in a flood?

they made it to TP, which is happening at the same time WW is, just in a diff timeline

I read somewhere that zoras evolved into the birds in WW tho, which makes no sense because there was a flood, why can't zoras from OOT live in a flood?

they made it to TP, which is happening at the same time WW is, just in a diff timeline
Like Djinn said, it was a divine intervention. Not a natural evolution. The most likely explanation is that the Goddesses didn't want Hyrule to be found underwater and so evolved the Zora into birds.

Djinn said:
Since the only two cases of evolution occurred because of the work of a deity then I would not assume any other species in the series to have evolved from or to any other species without a deity making it happen.
Who's to say there isn't a reason that we just aren't told about yet? Like I said before an evolution may have happened in order to unify the various races of Hyrule.

Like Djinn said, it was a divine intervention. Not a natural evolution. The most likely explanation is that the Goddesses didn't want Hyrule to be found underwater and so evolved the Zora into birds.

to make sure noone found hyrule underwater? makes sense but neither the game nor hyrule historia says that (as we know so far) so I'm not buying it

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Honestly, no. One, they're in a completely different area than where Lake Hylia (which is most certainly the Sand Sea) is, and, unlike with the evolution from Zora to Rito, they have no resemblance to humans at all. Zoras are humanoid fish, so it makes sense that the Rito are humanoid birds. The Parella are squid-like seahorse creatures. That's a pretty big inconsistency, especially since (I'm assuming) the major backing for this theory is the Zora evolving into the Rito later on in the series. Two, there's not enough time in-between SS and OoT for any kind of evolution like that to take place. In the evolution theory, life forms change over millions of years. That wouldn't change just because it's a fantasy series, especially since other species, such as Gorons, don't change at all throughout the timeline.

Now, continuing on the Zora/Rito thing, they had an actual reason to evolve, as well an explanation as to why it was so quick: they needed to evolve to survive on the dry surface of Dragon Roost Island, and either the gods or Valoo changed their forms. The Parella have no need to change form or location (Lake Floria to Lake Hylia). They're absolutely fine in their habitat. It's much more logical to assume that the Zoras were a race created later on after the events of Skyward Sword, especially since where they live is the source of Lake Hylia's water (Lake Hylia was dried up, most likely due to Zora's Domain not being in existance). Just because there was one race -- two, if you count the Kokiri/Korok situation -- that evolved in a previous game doesn't mean it needs to be the case across the entire series. The Parella are nothing more than a new race in the series.

Honestly, no. One, they're in a completely different area than where Lake Hylia (which is most certainly the Sand Sea) is, and, unlike with the evolution from Zora to Rito, they have no resemblance to humans at all. Zoras are humanoid fish, so it makes sense that the Rito are humanoid birds. The Parella are squid-like seahorse creatures. That's a pretty big inconsistency, especially since (I'm assuming) the major backing for this theory is the Zora evolving into the Rito later on in the series. Two, there's not enough time in-between SS and OoT for any kind of evolution like that to take place. In the evolution theory, life forms change over millions of years. That wouldn't change just because it's a fantasy series, especially since other species, such as Gorons, don't change at all throughout the timeline.

Now, continuing on the Zora/Rito thing, they had an actual reason to evolve, as well an explanation as to why it was so quick: they needed to evolve to survive on the dry surface of Dragon Roost Island, and either the gods or Valoo changed their forms. The Parella have no need to change form or location (Lake Floria to Lake Hylia). They're absolutely fine in their habitat. It's much more logical to assume that the Zoras were a race created later on after the events of Skyward Sword, especially since where they live is the source of Lake Hylia's water (Lake Hylia was dried up, most likely due to Zora's Domain not being in existance). Just because there was one race -- two, if you count the Kokiri/Korok situation -- that evolved in a previous game doesn't mean it needs to be the case across the entire series. The Parella are nothing more than a new race in the series.

The modern bird is a descendent of dinosaurs. Other than a few minor features they look absoloutley nothing like dinosaurs whatsover. The features they do resemble isn't noticable unless your actually looking for them. Also, the humans developed from 3ft tall monkey like creatures (forget their actual name). Just because something doesn't look like something doesn't mean they can't be related and therefore it doesn't justify the Zora not evolving from the Parella.

Also, there isn't enough time between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time? Please tell me where you're getting the time stamp from because last time I checked there wasn't any verifiyed information on how far apart Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time are.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction

Who's to say that the Parella didn't have a reason to evolve? Perhaps there is more to the story between SS and OoT than we know about. Maybe something happened that caused divine intervention and the Parella were turned into the Zoras. Zelda is still a growing series, there's more to it than we know about yet.

Honestly, no. One, they're in a completely different area than where Lake Hylia (which is most certainly the Sand Sea) is, and, unlike with the evolution from Zora to Rito, they have no resemblance to humans at all. Zoras are humanoid fish, so it makes sense that the Rito are humanoid birds. The Parella are squid-like seahorse creatures. That's a pretty big inconsistency, especially since (I'm assuming) the major backing for this theory is the Zora evolving into the Rito later on in the series. Two, . In the evolution theory, life forms change over millions of years. That wouldn't change just because it's a fantasy series, especially since other species, such as Gorons, don't change at all throughout the timeline.

Are you certain about which races evolve into which? The Gorons are not the best example because they don't apply to all races. If the Gorons appeared in the Wind Waker, does that mean that the Zoras didn't evolve? There is no evidence of Zoras being created after Skyward Sword aside from not being there. Another thing to note is that there is really no-direct explanation of the Zoras evolving into Rito in Wind Waker. You just get subtle hints from symbols and ancestors. No hint of divine intervention at all. This explanation of divine intervention is just a fanon-explaining the extreme differences of the Rito and the Zoras. Even Hyrule Historia doesn't confirm that the Zoras evolve by divine intervention. So if divine intervention is accepted to be the case of the Zoras, why not the Parella? They live under Faron, a water deity dragon that looks like a Zora, so it is possible that Faron could have turned the Parella into Zoras.
there's not enough time in-between SS and OoT for any kind of evolution like that to take place
The problem about that statement is that we don't how many years are between Skyward Sword and Ocarina of Time. The Sealing of the Sacred Realm, the Minish Cap, the Four Swords Backstory, and the Four Swords all take place between SS and OoT. Skyward Sword could be hundreds or even thousands of years before the Ocarina of Time.

I think it is a very strong possibility that the Parella evolve into the Zora. The color/patterns on their bodies look quite similar in design. The lack of Zora in the game, although hardly conclusive of anything still seems to give this theory some building blocks as well. Someone mentioned above the Parella wouldn't need to change location (Lake Floria to Lake Hylia), which then means they wouldn't evolve. However the Zora do not live in Lake Hylia anyways, they live in Zora's Fountain. Zora fountain is nowhere to be found in SS either. That said, Zora's Fountain and the waterfall above Skyloft seem to share some similarities themselves. Both are endless suppliers of water to Hyrule and Skyloft respectively. If the theory that Skyloft eventually returns to the surface, then this waterfall could become what would be known as Zora's Fountain. By divine intervention (from the 3 godesses or an appointed guardian deity) the Parella could have evolved into the Zora to become the protectors of the water. That's a long shot theory of course with regards to the waterfall but the Parella could still have evolved to become better protectors the water supply.

Just because it isn't confirmed in a game yet or no one has confirmed it in an interview doesn't mean it's not plausible. We may yet get a confirmation either in a game or from Nintendo. As far as the Parella looking like a sea horse and the Zora not, the Rito and Zora share even a smaller amount of similarities to almost none. Some of the zora don't even look alike. If you look at Ruto and then at King Zora and some other Zoras, they're all different looking.

JucieJ said:
The Parella have no need to change form or location (Lake Floria to Lake Hylia). They're absolutely fine in their habitat.
I've twice stated a potential reason why they may have needed to.
The Parella are nothing more than a new race in the series.
That's a pretty bold statement given the amount of discussion going on here.
Shadao said:
If the Gorons appeared in the Wind Waker, does that mean that the Zoras didn't evolve? There is no evidence of Zoras being created after Skyward Sword aside from not being there. Another thing to note is that there is really no-direct explanation of the Zoras evolving into Rito in Wind Waker.
It is generally accepted that the Zora did indeed evolve into the Rito due to the amount of connections betweent he two races and the fact that someone (I think it was Miyamoto, not sure) essentially confirmed it. How they evolved exactly isn't know but the most common assumptions have already been mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom