• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Parallel Universe "Evidence" according to Nasa

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
Exciting!
But they didn't seem to speak of collisions in that article.

Also, they didn't explain much about where the tau neutrino comes from. They simply come "up"¿

Neutrinos can only be detected in labs that are built deep underground where there isn't interference from other particles.
They could also be result of a decay. I will try to find more informative article.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend

I wasn't able to find official articles for this. But I found a bit more about the cold spot.

They could also be result of a decay.
This is a false headline being tossed around, there is no confirmation of a Parallel Universe. Here is the original research paper that you can download: https://arxiv.org/abs/1603.05218
Just as I thought, it's due to decay.
This suggests a possible τ-lepton decay as the origin of this event, but such an interpretation would require significant suppression of the Standard Model τ-neutrino cross section.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I don't feel like I'm qualified to have a real opinion on most theoretical science. I doubt there's any consensus behind this theory atm, though.

I'm much more of a Copenhagen Interpretation guy, myself. So I'm happy thinking this was just exaggerated conjecture rather than actual evidence.

"Of course, if there are any inhabitants of a possible parallel universe, they’d consider us the backward ones." I don't get the idea the scientists say we are not quite intelligent for the life beyond the Earth, why exactly they think so?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom