• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paper or Plastic?

Paper or Plastic?

• Paper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plastic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BlitzPlum

That 3D Guy
Paper tears too easily. Plastic is... Slightly stronger. It really annoys me when a bag splits either way...

I said plastic because it's used more here and I hardly ever see paper bags.

Blue Canary

Your Friendly Neighborhood S***poster
Paper tears too easily. Plastic is... Slightly stronger. It really annoys me when a bag splits either way...

I said plastic because it's used more here and I hardly ever see paper bags.

The only place I where I've seen paper bags is at a store where you have to pay for the bags and bag the items yourself.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have never seen paper bags in a grocery store before. What about those "environmentally friendly" bags that are reusable? I use those when I go grocery shopping.

Dan

I'd think everyone would logically prefer plastic bags dual to their strength, and generally flexibility, can't say I've seen paper bags in supermarkets either.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I only get paper bags down in the marketplace on the quayside and in-town for fresh fruit and vegetables, but, if I have the choice, plastic everytime, which is what is at all the supermarkets.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
There was a short period of time when my mom used paper bags and stored them in the closet. I think that's because she realized that we usually use them for school projects so she just decided to store them. I hate paper bags though. The are hard to carry are easier to rip. I prefer plastic bags, but they are still easy to rip open. I like the reusable "environmentally friendly" bags that Jimmy mentioned the most. They are kind of like plastic bags but never rip because they are made of some kind of fabric (I have no idea).

Plastic is easily to handle. I only remember paper bags from when i was a kid. They sucked. Really inconvenient. But I like the cloth bags we use. They are like upgraded plastic bags.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I never knew there were paper bags to be honest. However I do like those tout bags or whatever they're called. Kind of like huge purses.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah I do know those paper bags. Then the items are stored into it for you. Over here it is common to buy plastic bags and store the items in it yourself. I think all grocery stores and stores in general do that. So yes I prefer those for sure. I don't want to carry a paper bag in my arms all the way to my home. And they will tear easily. So plastic all the way

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I have never seen paper bags in grocery stores. Ever. Only plastic bags. And that's what we use. My mother stores all the bags in a container in the laundry room. It's filled with plastic bags that we reuse.

I've never gone grocery shopping before. But if I do, then I would see myself using the cloth bags and reusing those. For environmental reasons. Also, they are more sturdier. And I find them easier to hold, too.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Neither, I bring my own cloth bags and a backpack as often as I can :P They are more durable, more environmentally friendly and are more comfortable to carry :)

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
Even though I like paper bags more in theory, in practice I live in England where it rains a lot. Paper falls apart in rain and my shopping would end up on the floor.
I've never had paper grocery bags either. The only places I get paper bags are Primark and on the market, like Merc said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom