• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Paper Mario: The Origami King Discussion

it occurs to me now that this will absolutely, most definitely have some weird nintendo labo integration. its begging for it.

it's cool nintendo is making an announcement for a game during this time though. makes me hopeful for them dropping news when they're able, even if there won't be a june direct.

i dont have much of an opinion on this but it has some potential to be something neat. it has the weight of previous paper mario installments dragging at it though. ive not played paper mario but the series needs a strong new title. idk if this will be it, too early to say but the switch has mostly delivered with its series installments.

I've never meshed with Paper Mario.

I've played 64, Super and Sticker Star, three very different iterations of the same thing and not one has appealed to me.

So far, this one doesn't have anything to it that makes me want to rush out and give the series another go. I looks more like Sticker Star and Color Splash than any of the original games so I'll definitely need to wait for the reviews.

I have a lot of games I need to catch up on with money being so tight and I can't see this being a priority to me for some time to come.

I've only played Super Paper Mario. I own Color Splash but haven't opened it for years. So I'm not exactly deeply connected to the series. But this game looks promising. It definitely is impressive graphically. I've always wanted to try that old Paper Mario style most people love so I hope it is a return to that style.

Played em' all but Colour Splash. Love the series, mostly excited.
Like the look of the game but hoping that it's set up like TTYD is in terms of it's world as oppose to the levels of Super or Sticker Star.
Battle system looks interesting & will be 100% purchasing this game to try.
Be nice to have a partner system again as well it looks like.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I have a lot of reservations on this one b/c of how the last few paper marios have been, I'm probably being too quick to judge but I don't believe this'll be on the same level as 1 and 2 [I'd love to be wrong though], but perhaps it'll be fun in its own right

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I am REALLY doubtful about paper mario ever since sticker star and color splash screwed up the series. Arguably super paper mario also contributed to this shift but at least it had more memorable charscters. I'm not expecting Origami King to do well at all unless they do some big changes

Honestly pretty disappointed that it looks like another Sticker Star/Color Splash. I loved the first two games and I liked Super as well. But they keep deliberately trying to distance themselves from anything that made the originals good. Honestly I'd rather the series just die at this point. Paper Mario is like if Banjo Kazooie survived but kept getting Nuts and Bolts sequels.

MW7

Paper Mario is like if Banjo Kazooie survived but kept getting Nuts and Bolts sequels.
This made me laugh way too hard. I'm still traumatized by the fact that human beings saw what they had in Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie and thought Nuts and Bolts was a good idea. It's hard to comprehend. Super Paper Mario is the last Paper Mario I played, and I did like it.

The more I see of this the more of a nope from me it is.

It just looks like the last few titles which didn't thrill me at all.

I really don't like the rotation rings battle thing. I'm sure it's perfectly fine, but I just don't like the idea at all.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The gameplay trailer did not make me anymore confident in the game. Paper Mario was done dirty by Sticker Star and Color Splash, and all I really want is for a proper sequel to Thousand Year Door. I don't want any silly spin gimmicks or dumb changes to combat. Give me some straightforward turn-based combat, some companions, and some fun writing.

And keep Miyamoto away from it.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom