• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paper Mario 3DS.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I am also excited about this, but I hope they don't make it like the one for the wii. The wii one was a dissapointment since I missed the turn based battles and the leveling up. So I really hope the make it like the ones for N64 and Gamecube.

Kirino

Tatakae
I'ts not going to be like the wii one(Super Paper Mario).It's gonna be just like the first two.Though Super Paper Mario was acually my favorite.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I have seen walkthroughs on YouTube fro the Paper Mario series. I think the RPG spin-off of Mario was an excellent idea. I've haven't been able to pick up one of the games, but I'm saving up for the 3DS and I can't wait to get that one.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Will it play out like The Thousand Year Door or Super Paper Mario?

I really hope the make it like the ones for N64 and Gamecube.

I'ts not going to be like the wii one(Super Paper Mario).It's gonna be just like the first two.

From what I've read so far, it'll be an exact remake of the very first Paper Mario. The one from the N64 that is already available in the Wii's Virtual Console. And yes, it plays pretty much like the 1000 Year Door.

Kirino

Tatakae
From what I've read so far, it'll be an exact remake of the very first Paper Mario. The one from the N64 that is already available in the Wii's Virtual Console. And yes, it plays pretty much like the 1000 Year Door.

No it's not.It's going to be a completly different game.Didn't you see the screenshots?Does the first Paper Mario have a Chain Chomp as a partner?Or a big mole king boss?Also,it's been confirmed by Nintendo to be a completly new game.

EDIT:Here's some of the screen shots by the way.
paper-mario-3ds-gameplay-screenshots-revealed.jpg

paper-mario-3ds-screenshots-e3-2010.jpg
9.png

Last edited:

Kirino

Tatakae
I hope they bring back some characters,or at least let them have a cameo appearance.It would be cool to see Dimentio teaching a magic school or something.

I am really excited about this game! I am also worried that this means no more Mario & Luigi games.

Paper Mario was the home console's RPG and now they move it to a handheld, that made me mad but whatever, now they need to make a Mario & Luigi game on the Wii or it's successor to balance it out.

I've beaten all except 1000 year door, I cant beat that dang Shadow Queen!!! D: And when you die, you have to see the ENTIRE cut scene again!!

I also think the Paper Mario spin-off was a great idea, it adds more story to Mario, and it's just pure awesomeness. I also liked how they added new villains, I hope the same happens in this game, I don't want Bowser as the main villain, just like I hope Ganondorf is not the villain in SS.

You could get the N64 Paper Mario from the Virtual Console service in the Wii Shop Channel for those of you that don't know. That's where I got it from.

Kirino

Tatakae
I added 4 more Paper Mario screenshots to my other post.Also,I wish I could get the original Paper Mario,but I can't even go to the shop channel on my Wii.I used to be able to,but for some reason I can't anymore.It's a shame,cause I really want to play Paper Mario.

I added 4 more Paper Mario screenshots to my other post.Also,I wish I could get the original Paper Mario,but I can't even go to the shop channel on my Wii.I used to be able to,but for some reason I can't anymore.It's a shame,cause I really want to play Paper Mario.

Maybe you can't get into the Wii Shop because your Wii might be outdated, try updating it by going into the System Settings and select "System Update" in the 3rd page of the settings menu.

Kirino

Tatakae
MarioBr1 said:
Maybe you can't get into the Wii Shop because your Wii might be outdated, try updating it by going into the System Settings and select "System Update" in the 3rd page of the settings menu.
Micheal Heide said:
Or perhaps there is something wrong with your internet connection? Have you tried dis- and reconnecting? Sometimes, that works.

Thanks.I'll try both of those.It really sucks too,because I still have 1000 points on my shop channel,just enough to get Paper Mario.

I can't do them because I tried an internet connection,but I couldn't connect to anything.It could all be fixed if I knew my connection password,but I forgot it and no one in my family remembers.Is there anyway I could get my password back?

I can't do them because I tried an internet connection,but I couldn't connect to anything.It could all be fixed if I knew my connection password,but I forgot it and no one in my family remembers.Is there anyway I could get my password back?

Last edited:
I'm eagerly hoping that the story is good. So many new games in old serieses have such terrible stories (Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks and Mario and Luigi RPG 3 were huge disappointments). I still have faith in it however, as they got away with such an awesome story for Super Paper Mario, despite taking a very dangerous step with the game. I'm glad it's going back to its roots. Thousand Year Door was my favorite, and I was upset where Super Paper Mario went. Being able to play Paper Mario on the go will be groundbreaking too. And I think they should use a Magikoopa, a Spiny, a Buzzy Beetle, a Bullet Bill, or maybe even a Chargin' Chuck. Those partners haven't been used yet and it would be nice to see them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom