• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paper Legend of Zelda?

So what if Nintendo made a Zelda game with the art style and paper effects of Paper Mario. I love the art style and paper effects of Paper Mario. That combined with the gameplay elements of Legend ofZelda would be a game worth buying. Unfortunately I fear that a lot of people would give it a lot of backlash akin to Wind Waker's backlash because of it's art style but I still think it'd be an amazing game. Nintendo could do a very good job on making the story dark even with his bright art style ( Wind Waker had a cartoony art style and managed to be pretty dark. And Paper Mario 2 was dark at the end). I don't think Nintendo would make it an RPG. It'd still be an action/adventure plat former but with heavy RPG elements such as shield upgrades and whatnot. As for adding partners, that's debatable. What are your thoughts on this? Would you like Nintendo ( and Intelligent Systems, if they get them involved which they probably would) to make a Paper Legend of Zelda? And if you would want it, what would you like to see? ( Just as a bonus here's a picture to visiualize what Paper Zelda might look like Browsing deviantART)

I personally would not like to see a Zelda title bearing the Paper Mario graphical style in the future. That look does not mix well with the franchise. Same goes for the Kirby's epic Yarn graphics. Although Nintendo has expressed interest in reusing them, they are fine where they are and seeing them in another setting would not only be redundant but also ridiculous. Props for the interesting idea nevertheless. :)

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Oh! I'd love a paper Zelda! I'd probably lock myself in my room and play for hours upon hours ;).

bkelly458

Just Some Dude
No. Just... no. I like Zelda, and I like Paper Mario, but to be fair, it would devalue both franchises.

That said, I think old Nintendo should do whatever they want to do from a graphical standpoint. WW was a great game, but a lot of people never gave the art style a chance. When the fans basically forced them to make a game like the one they wanted with TP, I personally think it felt forced and bland. With the nice mix Skyward Sword has, I think Nintendo should just do whatever they want for future titles.

Haha we fans don't know what we want, anyway :p

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I actually think it would be pretty cool. I like the whole paper idea. It definitely worked with Mario, so you know you probably would with Zelda. I really don't see why it wouldn't.

I don't think it'd work, and there are too many people waiting for Zelda to go back to the mature TP style. If Nintendo comes out with a Paper/Yarn Zelda game or a Lego one for that matter i think it'd drain the patience people have left with the franchise who want a return from an older style. the paper games are platformers too and we all know what ahppened last time Link tried to do platforming/2d scrolling...

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
No, please no. It may work with games like mario, but the zelda series should never meat a paper style graphics... or yarn based graphics. Zelda II was side scrolling and it is about the closest the series is going to get to "paper Zelda". Zelda II is one of the worst zelda games (better than CD-i though)... so Nintendo has learned their lesson to never go back to a side scrolling adventure.

I don't think I would like the style if it was in Paper Mario style. It's just not what I could see a Zelda game as.

Aha, I've seen the art before, and I would totally play it. Of course, it would definitely get attacked by part of the fandom, but if they don't like it, they don't have to play it!
I love Paper Mario, always have, always will. I love Zelda, always have, always will. So putting the two of them together really can only be a good thing at this point XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
'tis a new concept and therefore it must die before it even lives.

I myself wouldn't agree with this. It'd just be Zelda trying to play off Mario's success -- just wouldn't work. Zelda has tried non canon entries. CD-I games suck. Zelda has tried spin offs. Link's Crossbow Training isn't even recognizable, and many people never include it on their lists. Zelda has even tried expansions -- the BS games aren't very well known even in the "hardcore" Zelda community (though I've played almost all of them and love BS Ancient Stone Tablets because a it's awesome and b FEMALE MASCOT YAY).

Zelda trying to get some action with Paper graphics? I doubt this'd work either.

I love Paper Mario albeit only having played the original and a TEENSY bit of TYD. I wouldn't love Paper Zelda, and not because of the art style. It's just that Zelda can't do most of what Mario does.

Crazycarl

I WUBWUBWUB YOU!
Personally I would love it. I love Paper Mario and I think a Paper Zelda would be fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom