• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paper Legend of Zelda?

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
I think it's a terrible idea. Super Paper Mario was fun and gave a lot of RPG like elements that had not been seen since the SNES. But for Zelda....just no. It would not flow well at all and the gameplay additions wouldn't be worth it. It would feel to gimmicky and unnatural.

I actually find that to be a great idea for a game. All it needs is an interesting gameplay mechanic; perhaps something similar to Super Paper Mario where each level goes 3D at certain points. There might also have to be a change in plot, and the story would have to be simplified overall, yet unique. The only obstacles that Nintendo would probably face are adjusting Link's swordplay and equipment usage to a side-scrolling format, but after seeing what was done in Zelda II, I'm sure Nintendo can manage (in "2.5D").

Another thing to consider would be the canonicity of the title. I think it'd be better suited as a spin-off rather than a part of the main series to avoid an uproar from fans. This factor is especially crucial, as "Paper Zelda" would likely veer away from many of the [main] series' staple core mechanics. That being said, if it is anything like the Paper Mario series, then it would likely feature a variety of RPG elements such as turn-based combat, EXP points, and story-centric progression and pacing - a far cry from Zelda II.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, even though it is a fun idea somehow it doesn't fit Zelda. It fits Mario but now Zelda. I think it would need a huge lot of changes to make it work for Zelda. But I don't think it will work

erceos33

8====D Shovel :D
I dont think this is such a good idea since, well, its meant for a platformer, and as all of you know, zelda isnt a platformer so this idea wouldnt work, also it might seem like they are running out of ideas and seem kinda like a desperate struggle to save the franchise,

Zelda-Rocks

The King of all Rocks
i think a paper legend of zelda would be nice, but it shud be toon link, cuase normal link as a paer link would just look wrong.

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
I don't think Zelda and Paper Mario would mix. Mario is more of the childish game along with that art style. I think Zelda is more realistic and needs the graphics to support that. Not to say that Zelda is realistic at all. Just more than Mario.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I loved all of the paper mario games, and I would certainly love a paper Zelda. However, I don't think many people would enjoy it. One of the reasons people love Zelda is because it has retained its simple formula without selling out. Paper Zelda wouldn't really be along the lines of Zelda

As much as I love Paper Mario (it's my all time favourite game) I don't think the style would mix very well with Zelda's game play. Although it would be cool to see what Hyrule would look like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom