• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pancakes or Waffles?

Which Are YOU?

• Yummiful Pancake Community

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crunchy Waffle Eaters Society

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nicole

luke is my wife
The recent issue of Pancakes vs. Waffles has seemed to have risen around the ZD community. There are frequent debates discussing the nature of these foods and their worth popping up frequently...

[Today 12:31 PM] Hero of Time: Pancakes do not supply the crunchiness that waffles have to offer
[Today 12:32 PM] mandym287: Pancakes are the truth
[Today 12:32 PM] Meego7: XDD genius

As it appears, Hero of Time is partial to waffles due to the fact that they are a crunchy breakfast food that pancakes can't compare to. Mandy believes that pancakes rule out, and as you can see Meego agrees.

[Today 12:33 PM] Hero of Time: Pancakes are European waffles!!!
[Today 12:33 PM] mandym287: I usually eat my waffles like toast
[Today 12:45 PM] mandym287: I feel like a spammer right now, so I guess I deserve waffles.

As the debate works up, our friends start to get quite heated here, resorting to insulting the others' food...

[Today 12:36 PM] K4KING: I thought waffles and pancakes were different?
[Today 12:42 PM] K4KING: Pancakes are just batter poured on a pan and just heated
[Today 12:42 PM] K4KING: Waffles are made with a grooved side, I think

In this instance, K4K questions the difference between the two foods. Is there really a difference at all? I personally believe the differences and similarities dive far below the surface. There is much more to issue of Pancakes vs. Waffles than meets the eye....

I, personally, feel that pancakes are more useful do to the fact that they are utility foods. You can eat them for breakfast, brunch, or at a breakfast-for-dinner dinner. You can also combine other foods with pancakes that just don't work with waffles, like strawberries, blueberries, and wonderful chocolate chips! Syrup is also designed for pancakes. On any given syrup brand, the logo features that wonderful liquid dripping on a warm, moist pile of pancakes. Do you ever see waffles on a syrup bottle? Never.

Also, waffles that are served with syrup on them tend to get soggy after several minutes. Who wants to eat a soggy waffle? Nobody. Who wants to eat a regular waffle? No. Body.

But who wants to eat a pancakes? Everybody!

That part was just for the lulz. In all seriousness, which do you prefer, and why? Do you belong to the Yummiful Pancake Community? Or the Crunchy Waffle Eaters Society?

This thread was inspired by the always-wonderful mandym287, the director and coordinator of the Yummiful Gancakes Community.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Pancakes! :P Sorry but they're yummier than waffles. And they have their own day! It's Pancake day on the 8th March. PANCAKES :D

I'm going with Pancakes. I mean, I do like waffles, but I usually don't even eat them in the same manner as pancakes. I will eat them like toast and typically leave the center of them a bit frozen still. Edikha why, but it excites the flavor of waffles. Blueberry waffles are the best of waffles, though.
Pancakes, on the other hand, I love for their fluffiness and ability to soak up the syrup. They are yummiful and good for the soul. And, yes... they are the truth. The cake may be a lie, but pancakes are the truth.
As the Admin of the Pancake Community, I am destined to stand in the side of the pancakes. Waffles are for ZUers and Pancakes are for ZDers. ;D

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Pancakes definitely. They are easier to make and less cleanup. I like the taste better too, and I really don't like the crunchiness of waffles. I'm fine with eating waffles, but if I have a choice, I will be eating a pancake.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
I'm gonna have to go with waffles. I love waffles, especially with chocolate chips & when there burnt on the sides. I'm sorry but I just like crunchyness more.

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Excuse me, but how do strawberries, blueberries, and wonderful chocolate chips not go with waffles? In fact, I just had those on my waffle yesterday (for dinner). And I don't even like syrup, so I don't care for that argument. Plus, there's only one type of pancake, but there are american waffles, belgian waffles, stroopwaffles, liege waffles, scandinavian waffles... there are even waffles in Hong Kong!

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Syrup is also designed for pancakes. On any given syrup brand, the logo features that wonderful liquid dripping on a warm, moist pile of pancakes. Do you ever see waffles on a syrup bottle? Never.

Hate to argue against my own side here, but Eggo was made for waffles :xd:

Either way, PANCAKES FTW!

I vote we put our votes in our User Titles... start a clan of sorts.

Djinn

and Tonic
Okay again I approve of thread

officialseal.jpg

I vote waffles, they have so much more than pancakes in many ways. First of all they have a house
Waffle-House.jpg

They have shoes

RTEmagicC_icecream_waffle_1.jpg.jpg

And they can be made into bacon, egg, and cheese sandwiches.

wafflesandwichdunkindon.jpg

And you cannot put a price on bacon, except those people at the grocery store that put prices on bacon. But they are beyond human understanding anyway simply by being the keepers and givers of bacon. They are not for us to question.

Anyway, waffles have so many virtues that pancakes cannot compare to. While pancakes have the right amount of fluffiness and can soak up the syrup like some kind of magical syrup sponge of drippy, gooey, sticky, all over your fingers awesomeness, Waffles have superior engineering. They have the many square syrup traps all over the surface making a honeycomb of little equally filled syrup bowls on a crunchy shell that is also capable of holding chocolate chips, blueberries, within the very batter. It is an awe-inspiring embodiment of all that is good in life in one little crunchy, sticky, candied, mixture of batter and awesome. There is not a single care in the world for the waffle eater, all is well for he who holds the waffle in their hand.

With the invention of the Waffle Iron, it was clear that the waffle was the epitome of modern invention. Science is on the side of the waffle.

They also make the greatest of ice cream cones, the Waffle Cone. No other cone stands up the the awesomeness that is the waffle cone. That is why we gladly pay the extra $1.25 for it over the regular, old, standard cone of shame. They try to dress them up by putting little McDonald's symbols on it, but we all see it for what it is....the non waffle cone.

Plus I like to give it extra points for being something I can eat with my hands. Waffles can be easily made in the toaster and just eaten like a piece of toast if I am in a hurry or not in the mood to eat it in the "proper manor" with knife and fork and such. Hand foods always get more points in my opinion. If I could eat pancakes in the car, maybe it could have a little better argument, but until that day comes it is only a dream.

Nicole

luke is my wife
I vote waffles, they have so much more than pancakes in many ways. First of all they have a house
Waffle-House.jpg

Hello?

ihop-los-angeles-la.jpg

International House of PANCAKES, not WAFFLES.

images

Isn't this the most beautiful thing you've ever seen?

41589_217579485777_2705200_n.jpg

Eww. Just eww.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
In agreement with both of you. Wow, this is the first thread I've seen that was based off a SB convo.

The chicken soup thread was based off of an SB convo.

I prefer pancakes over waffles because I like to eat something with not just butter or syrup, but will toppings such as fruit and whipped cream ect. I also prefer pancakes over waffles because I like to have something simple with the softness of a buttery pancake or sometimes just plain old fruit or cereal. Waffles are just too crunchy for me in the morning. Besides, whenever I make waffles myself, it always ends up messing up the kitchen counters because I lack skill in cooking. But with pancakes, however, you cook them on a pan, which is far less messy than cleaning up counters.

I mean, who doesn't like the soft butteriness of a pancake?:nod:

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Um...I don't even need to post whether I like Pancakes or Waffles. My username...I mean...waffles are good...and portable, and toasterable, BUT PANCAKES ARE BETTER. FACE IT ALL YOU WAFFLETARDS. PANCAKES ARE BETTER AND YOU KNOW IT.

*calms*

MikauIncarnate

Hero of the Zora
Once again, waffles can so totally have fruit and whipped cream. Ever heard of a belgian waffle?

BELGIANWAFFLE.jpg

How can you say that is not the most delicious thing you've ever seen?
I must admit, belgian pancakes are delicious, but they aren't pancakes, so I still win.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom