• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Paintballing.

GanonSlayr

Vermin Supreme 2012!!!
So, I'm going paintballing for the first time next week, and I'm wondering if you have any advice. I know about thick clothing (I'm probably going overboard anyway) but if you have any tips or strategies it would be nice. The two maps we'll be primarily on are a woods map and an "Urban" one.

People (Unless proven otherwise) are afraid of you. If you act like you're not afraid of them they'll be intimidated and you can out-play them. The masks help make you intimidating. Also, use cover, move fast, don't be a wuss but don't be stupid. You'll do fine

I was dragged to go Paintballing once years ago and hated it. Other than advising you not to go at all I'd suggest thick clothing as others have said. Although not too think depending on your climate of course.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
Stay along the edges (preferally with a few of your buds) and try to outflank them, get them from behind, or just run like crazy people into the other team's base and try to shoot someone before they shoot you.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
Paintballing is very fun, but can also be scary. Even though you are wearing thick clothes, it usually doesn't matter. Definitely make sure you protect your face and wear the mask at all times. There's really no strategy to it unless you like to hide alot and be stealthy. Just have fun with it.

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
Ooh, I remember going to one of those things once like a year or two ago. I can't claim to be a master strategist, but I can tell you a few useful things I learned from that not-so-pleasant time.

First of all, an obvious one: It's probably a good idea that most of your team stays on constant movement. If you all stick to one place, the other team most likely going to sorround you and leave miracles as your only chance.

It would also help to know the place where you'll play. Do you know something other than just the places being woods and urban? If you know the layouts you probably won't have much of a problem planning your moves, but I've rarely heard of a paintball match were anyone was told of the terrain beforehand (except the one who organized it). Otherwise, be ready to make a quick plan from a few predetermined moves.

Another obvious one: DON'T try pull a Rambo. :P It might look cool (and who am I to say it isn't), but going guns blazing is never a good strategy and obviously depends more on luck than anything. (unless there's tall grass, I guess) Also, bring a helmet if you can. It's better to prevent than being sorry later, I say this because I had a bump on my head for a few days after it, and those things often have long range - in other words, lotsa pressure pushing out the balls. They don't kid when saying you need thick clothing. Maybe the bump is because I got hit from a short distance, though. That said, I don't know what kind of guns you'll use, and since the ones we used were pro stuff (dunno how they paid that, since I was just a guest), you might not need that much cover, depends on the equipment, I guess.

I was dragged to go Paintballing once years ago and hated it. Other than advising you not to go at all I'd suggest thick clothing as others have said. Although not too think depending on your climate of course.

Yeah, it's also important to consider how thick your clothing is. Provided the weather is too hot and you don't like sweating, you might want to take some extra time thinking how to deal with that. Still, use something decently thick. As I said above, you never know if they could hit you from short range. I think I had a bump in my shoulder for a few days after that; it's not the most painful thing that could ever happen to you, but I certainly could have done without it.

There's really no strategy to it unless you like to hide alot and be stealthy. Just have fun with it.

Well, that depends on the opponent, I guess. My team didn't have much of a strategy, and we got royally owned. :lol: Being stealthy wouldn't have hurt much, actually. I can see a few issues with the urban map, though, since tall grass (if there is) helps A LOT.

Anyway, I guess some of this is too basic. But I hope it helps. Hope you have fun, too!

Last edited:

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
Make yourself look intimidating and don't waste your paintballs....I don't have much of a strategy, I just wing it.

Is it speedball or woodsball? because if it is speedball you need to talk to your team mates and pick positions of two back men with extra pods, one mid man giving the 3 front men tape(firing at the enemy so the enemy takes cover and the forwards can move up) never play the snake(long skinny cylindrical balloon) if you are inexperienced. KNow what to call cover triangles are doritos, cylinders are cans, snake is snake, ball is globe. Communication is key.

First of all paintball doesn't hurt at all. I've had people flick me harder. Its enough to make you feel it but not cry on the floor in pain, so don't go over board with clothing :) As for strategy i tend to stick to one, maybe two spots in the middle and pick people of. Although i wouldn't suggest this if your playing a respawn game. Anyways at the end of the day just have fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom