• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pac Man

Who here doesn't know about him?

Ever since his debut in 1980, he has had everything; a Tetris spoof, a 3D platforming trilogy, a horrid point and click game, and even a TV show.

So tell me... what sort of things do you own that are related to him? What do you think of the series?

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Ah.. Pacman.

The only game i have that is related to Pacman is the Original one. It's in my PC(Emulator XD)

other things that i have related to pacman are a Stuff toy of Pacman, a Pencil sharpener Pacman and a Pacman Pillow(it's old but it's still cool)

The Series was interesting a game of longest to survive without encountering those blobs.

i find it more in a Strategic view rather than a *longest-tolast-game* View.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Well I do know Pacman had games but I didn't know about the tetris spoof, the point and click game, or the tv show. Personally I think it's a good hing to do when you're bored but really I don't think it's something to played everyday all day long. There are other games for that. And as for things I own that are related to him I have nothing. No games, no merchandise, and no videos.

Len

Zelda On Paper
i just like to mess with pac man 2 the new adventures for snes (yeah i know its for kidsd but at least makes me laught) i own the konami collection arrangement for the psp and i can say that pac man arrangement is pretty cool and awesome, its 3-D and it has much cooler stages, this classic character has been one of my favorites and i can say that i still like classic gaames like pac man.

Well I do know Pacman had games but I didn't know about the tetris spoof, the point and click game, or the tv show. Personally I think it's a good hing to do when you're bored but really I don't think it's something to played everyday all day long. There are other games for that. And as for things I own that are related to him I have nothing. No games, no merchandise, and no videos.

No Pac Man games? :? This is blasphemy... This is madness! This IS PAC MAN! The tetris spoof is called "pac attack". I've never actually played it before and it looks complicated. The point and click game is Pac Man """"""""2"""""""" (I use that term loosely) the New """"""""""""""""""""Adventures"""""""""""""""""""" (looselier than ever) where Pac Man constantly gets upset or afraid and as Stuttering Craig the ScrewAttack mastermind said, "At least when I play this game, I can walk away knowing I'm way manlier than the biggest video game mascot ever." I've never seen the TV show but from past experiences with other video game-based TV shows and movies (except for Earthworm Jim), I can tell it's not that good. Mario didn't have much a plot. His TV show and movie sucked. Sonic didn't make too much sense. Nor did his show. Street Fighter's movies and TV shows were god awful. I imagine Pac Man would be no better.

If you ever get a chance, buy or rent a Namco collection/Pac Man World game. Trust me, Namco Collection has plenty of games that are just as good as Pac Man, and Pac Man World trilogy (home console) is almost like the Super Mario 64 of Pac Man. Oh and if you find a Pac Man World on handheld, it's okay, but not as good as the console games.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
No Pac Man games? :? This is blasphemy... This is madness! This IS PAC MAN! The tetris spoof is called "pac attack". I've never actually played it before and it looks complicated. The point and click game is Pac Man """"""""2"""""""" (I use that term loosely) the New """"""""""""""""""""Adventures"""""""""""""""""""" (looselier than ever) where Pac Man constantly gets upset or afraid and as Stuttering Craig the ScrewAttack mastermind said, "At least when I play this game, I can walk away knowing I'm way manlier than the biggest video game mascot ever." I've never seen the TV show but from past experiences with other video game-based TV shows and movies (except for Earthworm Jim), I can tell it's not that good. Mario didn't have much a plot. His TV show and movie sucked. Sonic didn't make too much sense. Nor did his show. Street Fighter's movies and TV shows were god awful. I imagine Pac Man would be no better.

If you ever get a chance, buy or rent a Namco collection/Pac Man World game. Trust me, Namco Collection has plenty of games that are just as good as Pac Man, and Pac Man World trilogy (home console) is almost like the Super Mario 64 of Pac Man. Oh and if you find a Pac Man World on handheld, it's okay, but not as good as the console games.

Yeah the thing is I used to have a copy of a Pac-Man game (don't remember which one but it was SNES) but really I don't see the point in buying or renting a Pac-Man game when I can play it for free at the arcade here. But after hearing what you said about Pac-Man World Trilogy spiked my interest as I've never played it (or heard of it). And also I agree with you on most video game related tv shows and movies. Mario was okay (haven't seen the movie so I can't fairly judge that one), Sonic was just plain confusing (not to mention it didn't make sense) and it wasn't even that good. And also nice joke. It definately had me chuckling.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I've never owned any Pac Man games, but I love them. I also haven't played them in years, but I find them to be really addicting. Back when I was in Grade 5, my classroom computer had Pac Man on it. I'd stay after school to play it, and I think I had the best score in the class. :P

This said, I've never heard of these spin-off games or movies or anything. Are these more recent, 'cause I rarely ever hear about this series anymore.

I've never owned any Pac Man games, but I love them. I also haven't played them in years, but I find them to be really addicting. Back when I was in Grade 5, my classroom computer had Pac Man on it. I'd stay after school to play it, and I think I had the best score in the class. :P

This said, I've never heard of these spin-off games or movies or anything. Are these more recent, 'cause I rarely ever hear about this series anymore.

You're missing out on alot. Pac Man has racing games (Pac Man World Rally), puzzle games (Pac-Attack) and 3D platformers (Pac Man World trilogy). If you get a chance to buy, rent, or play any of them, I strongly-- scratch that, command you to take the chance. Or else... (scribbles Y2K3 on death list)

Pac Man on computer in school?!
/gasp
This is truly a wonderful deed and whoever downloaded it gets a medal and you get a cookie for playing it alot, loving it, and getting the high score. Or wait, is that three cookies?

Ah, whatever. The main thing is, you missed out.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
You're missing out on alot. Pac Man has racing games (Pac Man World Rally), puzzle games (Pac-Attack) and 3D platformers (Pac Man World trilogy). If you get a chance to buy, rent, or play any of them, I strongly-- scratch that, command you to take the chance. Or else... (scribbles Y2K3 on death list)

Nooooo fredthehylian don't put him on a murder list! You'll just get your hands dirty!

Pac Man on computer in school?!
/gasp
This is truly a wonderful deed and whoever downloaded it gets a medal and you get a cookie for playing it alot, loving it, and getting the high score. Or wait, is that three cookies?

Ah, whatever. The main thing is, you missed out.

Dang actual cookies on the internet? The wonders of technology. And it is indeed a wonderful deed it was to download pacman onto a school computer. Although that may have been for recess. But still it's a wonderful deed.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Pac Man, the horrible thing! So many memories of me getting to the second level and then quitting because it was so boring. I did find it fun at most times, it was quite annoying when you were about to finish a level, get a one up, when all of a sudden you get trapped and die. You then realize that it was your last life.

Pac Man, the horrible thing! So many memories of me getting to the second level and then quitting because it was so boring. I did find it fun at most times, it was quite annoying when you were about to finish a level, get a one up, when all of a sudden you get trapped and die. You then realize that it was your last life.

Don't like Pac Man? I'm not at all surprised. Almost everyone in my neighborhood thinks that Pac Man is a tedious maze game. In a way, that's true. But now, there are better adaptions. Pac Man World 2 for example, is a 3D platformer that is alot more enjoyable. Pac Attack is almost like tetris except Pac Man, the ghosts, and some fairies are in the pieces with the blocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom