• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Owl at Spirit Temple

H

Hylian Wolf

So, I was just playing through OoT again and I'm at the Spirit Temple...and when you come back as a kid you find the Silver Gauntlets and you speak with the owl...Kaepora Gaebora once more and he says "You have fully matured as an adult." Does this mean in all your adventuring as an adult when you went forward seven years you have actually spent 7 years doing all that in the future? Because at the end of the game Zelda does send you back so you can "live out your childhood"
Just what does he mean by that? It confuses me a lot...

amaterasu

Writer
Zelda feels as though she has taeken your childhood because you were stuck in the temple for 7 years. Then she sends you back so that you can have your childhood without being stuck in a Temple of Time for 7 years.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
He knows that Link has been traveling back & forth through time due to him saying "Even I thought the tales of the boy who could travel through time was just a legend" or something to that extent. So he's aware that Link has been fulfilling his destiny as an adult as well as a child, hence the fully matured bit. Also, when Sheik teaches Link the Requiem of Spirit and they're playing it, you see Kaepora flying overhead, so he's likely watching Link's progress as an adult.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
He watches over you, as he said before he left you at the Spirit Temple.
I will continue to watch over you...
So since he's been watching over Link all that time, he'd know all about Link's destiny as the Hero of Time.

That's just like telling a child that he/she's grown up. Nothing significant to the story itself. (And he knows of Link's journey across time.)

Exactly. That's all it is, really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom