• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overworlds

Overworlds

• Eventful

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blank but large

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
There's a bunch of different overworlds in the Zelda games. Which kind do you like best?

Eventful: An overworld that has a lot to do on every screen (or area) of it. So you can never get bored. :bleh:

Blank: A blank overworld that's big, but you can have a transportation to get around. :xd:

I'd say eventful, just because there's so much to do. :cool:

Linky

King of Twilight
Yea I like eventful too because I love just roaming around the overworld doing random stuff. It just feels too bland when the overworld is only there to be there and there's nothing much to it. I also don't like it when the overworld's large like in TP I just felt too overwhelmed, even though TP's overworld was kind of large and eventful with so much to do I think they went too far with that. I liked Ocarina of time's overworld best where it wasn't too big and still had alot to do.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I prefer to see more action going on in the overworld. I wouldn't want just a random space that has nothing going on in it. It would be a waste of money and space to add if nothing happened.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I'd definitely want to see more action going on in the field in the upcoming Zelda title, like there was in LttP. If you compare Hyrule Field in TP vs OOT, you could see some improvements, it clearly looked a little more vivid, but in the end was still too big and empty.
Another thing I'd like to see would be smooth transitions between the single parts of the overworld rather then segments connected by narrow corridors or too sharp edges. For example if you go from the field into a forest, you could think of a slow increase of the density of vegetation, some little ponds/swampy areas here and there... I can perfectly imagine it in my head.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I liked MM's termina field, there were just a bunch of little challenges you can do to get easy money when you need it. I keep finding new things, like holes with enemies that give you a heart piece, when I get bored I like killing the giant bird to get 200 rupees.

The overworlds in PH and ST are really boring and repetative. I don't want that.

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
That was abit of a vague poll if I might say so.
I thought you were asking us what we think the current Overworld's are like, not what we would like them to be.
Shanked.
Oh well, yes I Love eventful ones, although they need to make some of them better. I talk specifically about OoT and TP which was basically just open space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom