• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overused Words

octorok74

TETTAC
I'm starting to think that the term Marlon Brando is overused. At least on this site. I have to see that term everyday in the same phrase.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I'm starting to think that the term Marlon Brando is overused. At least on this site. I have to see that term everyday in the same phrase.

yes that's me i have been using this quote from slipknot - eyeless a lot

"you can't see California without Marlon Brando's eyes"

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
Well I don't really do this, but Ive seen people really overuse the word "technically." They don't even use it sometimes in the right context, they use it for the opposite of technically. So, as in, something my friend said a long time ago, "Technically, I'm fourteen." And I have to correct her and say "No, technically you won't be fourteen for another 2 and a half hours." Just because it bothers me when people use it like it's the word virtually. And what I tend to overuse I've noticed, is the phrase I mean, . . . . I mean, I use it a lot.

When I think overused words, I immediately think "Swag", and "Legit". They're everywhere. Seriously.

Oh, and does YOLO count as a word, because that's really overused also.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
My overly used words

1. Lol while having no facial expression
2. Bagels
3. Any swear words that arent racist!
4. The gasping meme face
5. Holy Crow!

Ones I hate with a passion
SWAG
YOLO
YOSO
Any racist words and sexist commets
Lmfao
PartY Rock

Those are mine

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
"Epic" and "Literally". Epic used to refer to great novels, landscapes, and, oh I dunno, the moon landing or something. Now it refers to the cinnamon stroodle that you just had at Starbucks. And in the case of literally; "Omg, I just like literally died xD". NO YOU DIDN'T. YOU'RE RIGHT THERE. ALIVE.

Any and all swear words nowadays are too common for my taste . . . on TV and everywhere people have just become so loose with cursing!

But the one word I absolutely hate and REFUSE to use because of it's overuse it "legit". It's everywhere, at least in my school. And I cringe even harder when I hear "like" in front of it. "Like, legit!" "Like legit she totally did that" "I swear LEGIT ! YOLO!"

I need to go buy a new keyboard now.

Joy

The Sexy One
Awesome. But I'm guity of that one too. ;)
Literally. As in "i literally pissed myself laughing!" I certainly hope you didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom