• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Outside of Nintendo, who do you have your eye on for E3 2017?

Nintendo will have a big E3 this year, with new hardware recently released and a lot of big titles to come we can expect some epic reveals plus the new IPs theyve hinted at, its gonna be quite the show.

However, Nintendo is a no brainer for one to watch, so who else is on your radar?

Which other companies are you waiting for big releases from?

For me i have my eye on Square Enix. I never grew up with Sony, its only a recent revelation in my life that i can play things that arent made by Nintendo. As such i missed out on a lot of important games, namely Final Fantasy.

I like a nice turn based RPG and this year is FF's 30th anniversary so hopefully i can get my fill from the grandmaster of RPGs.

It was leaked a few month ago that Square plan to release an FF collection which sees FF 1-9 on one disc with the original and newest versions of 1-6.

This is the news im looking forward to since the only traditional FF ive played and completed was FF8, it'd be great to play all the others too.

So, that's me but what about you, outside of Nintendo who do you have your eye on for E3 this year?

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Nintendo will have a big E3 this year, with new hardware recently released and a lot of big titles to come we can expect some epic reveals plus the new IPs theyve hinted at, its gonna be quite the show.

However, Nintendo is a no brainer for one to watch, so who else is on your radar?

Which other companies are you waitong for big releases from?

For me i have my eye on Square Enix. I never grew up with Sony, its only a recent revelation in my life that i can play things that arent made by Nintendo. As such i missed out on a lot of impkrtant games, namely Final Fantasy.

I like a nice turn based RPG and this year is FF's 30th anniversary so hopefully i can get my fill from the grandmaster of RPGs.

It was leaked a few month ago that Square plan to release an FF collection which sees FF 1-9 on one disc with the original and newest versions of 1-6.

This is the news im looking forward to since the only traditional FF ive played and completed was FF8, it'd be great to play all the others too.

So, that's me but what about you, outside of Nintendo who do you have your eye on for E3 this year?
Square Enix as well for me, I am a pretty big FF fan.... But it's going to amazing because SE loves the Switch, and they will likely put FFVllR, that FF Collection, and more on the Switch. Final Fantasy on the go! Just like how I first experienced the series on the GBA. Also, Octopath Traveler(this will probably be covered on Nintendo's side), but it's still awesome nonetheless!

Sony's conferences are nearly always pretty good as well... I wonder if they will continue to push the PSVR, as it was a very lukewarm product. I am excited to see the Last of Us 2 though!

Microsoft has a new console to officially unveil at E3..... But man do I think they will fail due to lack of games. I don't suspect developers want to develop for an even more expensive machine that will have an even smaller userbase than the original XBO.

Square Enix as well for me, I am a pretty big FF fan.... But it's going to amazing because SE loves the Switch, and they will likely put FFVllR, that FF Collection, and more on the Switch. Final Fantasy on the go! Just like how I first experienced the series on the GBA. Also, Octopath Traveler(this will probably be covered on Nintendo's side), but it's still awesome nonetheless!

Sony's conferences are nearly always pretty good as well... I wonder if they will continue to push the PSVR, as it was a very lukewarm product. I am excited to see the Last of Us 2 though!

Microsoft has a new console to officially unveil at E3..... But man do I think they will fail due to lack of games. I don't suspect developers want to develop for an even more expensive machine that will have an even smaller userbase than the original XBO.

Buying non-exclusive titles on Nintendo consoles is still an odd concept to me since i'd still rather buy games for the ps4 if theyre available on it but i didnt think of the FF collection being on Switch...

If they did release it on the Switch i would really consider it. The handheld mode i can imagine would really make the games look... less dated for lack of a better term rather than being stretched across modern HD tvs.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Buying non-exclusive titles on Nintendo consoles is still an odd concept to me since i'd still rather buy games for the ps4 if theyre available on it but i didnt think of the FF collection being on Switch...

If they did release it on the Switch i would really consider it. The handheld mode i can imagine would really make the games look... less dated for lack of a better term rather than being stretched across modern HD tvs.
Oh really?

I mean, I experienced Final Fantasy mostly on Nintendo consoles. Especially at first.
I played Final Fantasy 1, 2, 4, and 6 on the Gameboy Advance, and then I played the remake of 4 on DS. I eventually picked up 7, 9, and 10 for my PS2 as well after that..... But really, final fantasy really is best experienced on a handheld. It takes away the monotony of grinding, and it allows for watching a movie while grinding, and things of the sort. It's really nice, and quite relaxing.

Nintendo Switch puts the icing of the cake, because you can do grinding in handheld form, and have your awesome cinematic moments on the TV.

Which is why SE excecutives say the Switch is almost perfect for them.

I personally am an avid rpg gamer, so I hope that (keep in mind these are just shot in the dark hopes and dreams) that Atlus reveals remasters of Persona 3 and 4, Square has a few more surprises, Konami gets their heads out of their asses and has a new Suikoden in the works (like I said I am dreaming) and maybe remasters of the p2 installments, obviously a port of Xenoblade Chronicles 1 (maybe they will pull a bayonetta and just pack it in...nah.

After taking BotW to work with me (I am a store owner and there is a lot of down time between customers), I then played Persona 5, and I really missed the ability to take it with me....so when possible, the Switch version will be my go-to version going forward.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
HA! I long ago stopped watching E3 for the "news" and the "reveals" and the hype and lies and empty promises...

No, if I watch E3 at all anymore I watch it for the sake of E3. E3's become a joke, akin to watching a circus or snl (after it turned to ****e) or America or Britain's got talent but without any talent. At E3 you can always count on someone making a complete nob of themselves. Sometimes it's developer "personalities" sometimes it's clueless corporate mooks desperately pretending to know what the cool kids are into these days, sometimes it's minor pseudo "celebs" someone managed to drag out on stage for a few extra quarters and sometimes entire companies spend the whole 72 hours wrecking what little was ever left of their public image (here's to you Microsoft 2013 - Biggest E3 Fail of the Year All Years).

I could really care less what news or reveals come out of E3 because the whole event is a 72 hour long cesspool of lies and deceit and corporate excess. If a game looks good, I'll watch a trailer on Youtube. And there's the thing... E3 is completely irrelevant. Consumers can get this news on Youtube, Twitter, or literally any social media or commercial outlet. All E3 is is glitz and glamour like the Academy Awards or the Grammy's. All pomp, no substance except for the loads of bullscat and self important twits making fools of themselves.

HA! I long ago stopped watching E3 for the "news" and the "reveals" and the hype and lies and empty promises...

No, if I watch E3 at all anymore I watch it for the sake of E3. E3's become a joke, akin to watching a circus or snl (after it turned to ****e) or America or Britain's got talent but without any talent. At E3 you can always count on someone making a complete nob of themselves. Sometimes it's developer "personalities" sometimes it's clueless corporate mooks desperately pretending to know what the cool kids are into these days, sometimes it's minor pseudo "celebs" someone managed to drag out on stage for a few extra quarters and sometimes entire companies spend the whole 72 hours wrecking what little was ever left of their public image (here's to you Microsoft 2013 - Biggest E3 Fail of the Year All Years).

I could really care less what news or reveals come out of E3 because the whole event is a 72 hour long cesspool of lies and deceit and corporate excess. If a game looks good, I'll watch a trailer on Youtube. And there's the thing... E3 is completely irrelevant. Consumers can get this news on Youtube, Twitter, or literally any social media or commercial outlet. All E3 is is glitz and glamour like the Academy Awards or the Grammy's. All pomp, no substance except for the loads of bullscat and self important twits making fools of themselves.

The cringe moments are the best though. Plus its still ground zero, it'll be where and when something is revealed.

Though i agree it isnt the must watch spectacle it should be.

I guess any updates to the Final Fantasy VII remake. I'm skeptical it will be as good as the original but I hope it can have the impact the original did on me, but for the next generation of players.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Other than Nintendo, I'm definitely looking forward to the next Halo which will undoubtedly have a hype inducing teaser as usual. Also really hopeful that Remedy and Bethesda will have something to show for Alan Wake 2 and The Evil Within 2. Sony is bound to have another great year as we haven't seen anything of God of War 4, Days Gone, and Spider-Man since last E3 and even The Last of Us 2. Very curious about what Sega is doing with Sonic Forces. Capcom must most definitely finally show off Resident Evil 2 REmake as well as Marvel vs Capcom 4. This generation has also really been lacking a Dead Space game which I doubt EA is bringing back anytime soon. However, Splinter Cell has also been sorely missed, so Ubisoft better not disappoint. Speaking of Ubisoft, if Assassin's Creed remains absent for another year, I won't mind, as it shows Ubisoft is still hard at work trying to revitalize the franchise. However, if they do reveal the next Assassin's Creed, it better be something really amazing. And lastly, I'm keeping my eye on Crystal Dynamics for a reveal of their Avengers game.

SquareEnix is always a good watch. As is Atlus and a few others. I do agree that E3 as a thing is becoming less and less needed by the industry. It's not very public friendly and it forces developers to have demos and details for E3, not when the stuff is properly ready to be announced/shown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom