• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Other Kingdoms

We do know, officially, that Hytopia became a part of Hyrule post TFH though(it's the part of Hyrule that Zelda 2 takes place in).
Wait...
it's the part of Hyrule that Zelda 2 takes place in
...What?

It's shown to be far more consistent a source than the Legend of Zelda games as a whole. The games can't even decide on geography from installment to installment.
I don't know. https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/threads/hyrule-topography-based-on-breath-of-the-wild.61104/ I thing Breath of the Wild may have fixed that.

Holodrum and Labrynna are 100% on the same physical plane as Hyrule; you can travel by boat to Hyrule, as shown at the end of the combined game.
I was thinking the same thing, while reading nearly the whole thread. If the boat doesn't lead home, what's the point of the scene?

Wait...

...What?

''In the shared era of A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes, Hytopia (this page) is located to the north of Hyrule. Just as The Adventure of Link explores the area north of Death Mountain, so does Tri Force Heroes, and, in fact it may be possible to see Hytopia's legacy in The Adventure of Link. There were powerful magical users in Hytopia and there are still people who can use magic in The Adventure of Link. You may also note that the people in the north in The Adventure of Link are noticeably fashionable.''

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
''In the shared era of A Link Between Worlds and Tri Force Heroes, Hytopia (this page) is located to the north of Hyrule. Just as The Adventure of Link explores the area north of Death Mountain, so does Tri Force Heroes, and, in fact it may be possible to see Hytopia's legacy in The Adventure of Link. There were powerful magical users in Hytopia and there are still people who can use magic in The Adventure of Link. You may also note that the people in the north in The Adventure of Link are noticeably fashionable.''

I always figured the map in AoL was just an upside down and expanded version of the one in LoZ, especially since I find it hard to believe that the capital palace would be in a recently acquired territory.

I always figured the map in AoL was just an upside down and expanded version of the one in LoZ, especially since I find it hard to believe that the capital palace would be in a recently acquired territory.
We don't know when Hytopia became one with Hyrule. There's probably centuries, maybe millennia, between TFH and the NES games.

Interesting. The people it which towns, though? All northern towns? It's been a while since I played The Adventure of Link, and nobody particularly struck me as fashionable.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Interesting. The people it which towns, though? All northern towns? It's been a while since I played The Adventure of Link, and nobody particularly struck me as fashionable.
1629128398081.png
Why, this is the very height of fashion! Observe the clever mixture of simplicity and elegance, practicality and class. Each outfit has interesting details intricately sewn out in a pixelated style. The shades of regal red and royal purple show a rich and vibrant society of very well dressed people. This is the very best example of Hylian outfits!
Sarcasm aside, I find it interesting that Hytopia, a place specifically shown as a separate kingdom from Hyrule, would eventually become it. Why would the decide to make a move/merge like that?

View attachment 49424
Why, this is the very height of fashion! Observe the clever mixture of simplicity and elegance, practicality and class. Each outfit has interesting details intricately sewn out in a pixelated style. The shades of regal red and royal purple show a rich and vibrant society of very well dressed people. This is the very best example of Hylian outfits!

The NES is alot more limited than the 3DS.

I find it interesting that Hytopia, a place specifically shown as a separate kingdom from Hyrule, would eventually become it. Why would the decide to make a move/merge like that?

Well it is a separate kingdom during the era that ALBW/TFH takes place in, but it is a part of Hyrule by the time of the NES games; for all we know, this part of Hyrule may or may not be even called Hytopia by the time of the NES games; by what we know, Hyrule is the only name used to refer to the land in AoL. As for them merging, I mean, multiple nations have merged into one across real life history, so it's not that far out of left field for it to happen in Zelda. As for the in universe reason, maybe the fact that a hero from Hyrule saved the day in TFH was the first step in establishing rapport?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff

I feel like this is one of those "creative liberties" mentioned in the preface of the book. Interesting nonetheless though.

I feel like this is one of those "creative liberties" mentioned in the preface of the book. Interesting nonetheless though.

I would take the information in Encyclopedia as canon unless if a part of it contradicts the games, and I don't see how this particular passage does. Remember that we know for a fact that not EVERY thing is a ''creative liberty''; the new placement for the Oracles was confirmed as canon, for example. It's up to us to use the Encyclopedia to look for new canonical information and seperate it from the BS. We know that both canon and BS contradictory claims are apart of the same book, so it's the only thing that makes sense IMO. Neither extreme of completely throwing it out OR accepting everything without question are great ideas, IMO, especially when at the very least, Nintendo seems to be sticking to the three branch timeline(which is still the timeline that matches up the best with developer intent and development history based on the placement of each game at the time of its release), but the book has dumb things like saying Ganon II was mindless in FSA when we know that wasn't the case.

Also, countries have divided and come back together again down the road in real life; there is some--admittedly VERY small-- in game evidence that suggests that Hytopia and Hyrule may have had something to do with eachother even before the era of the 3DS games, namely the fact that Hytopia has Triforce iconography and the ''Hy'' suffix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom