• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Oshus is the Wind Fish?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I have come to believe that Oshus is the Wind Fish. Now I am here to present my theory on why he could be the Wind Fish.

One thing that gives him a link (no pun intended) to the Wind Fish is his ability to grant a wish. The end of LA had Marin being granted her wish and Linebeck vice versa.

My next evidence is on the head of Oshus.
PH_endslides10.png

You see that symbol on his head? I think I know a symbol that resembles that greatly, could it be perchance... this?
Windelement.gif

The Wind Element

Now before anyone says anything about not seeing that symbol on the wind fish. Mind you he had a piece of cloth on his head.
WindFish.gif

This evidence strengthens this argument only by a smudge.

It had also been seen that the Great Sea in PH is the World of the Ocean King and although I can't prove this I think perchance Koholint is in that particular dimension, but whenever the Ocean King sleeps, the island is brought as a link (no pun) between Hyrule and TWOTOK (The World of the Ocean King.)

Well I threw in my two cents, remember be kind my theory and I'll be kind to you.

I remember that when I finished PH, I also found it to be very similar to LA... but I didn't go as far as you did. It is indeed an interesting theory. Though, maybe Nintendo is just lazy and recycling ideas. =P

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I remember that when I finished PH, I also found it to be very similar to LA... but I didn't go as far as you did. It is indeed an interesting theory. Though, maybe Nintendo is just lazy and recycling ideas. =P

This is possible however I think they wouldn't be that lazy. I think they purposly did that and are going to explain it sometime.

Wind_fish.jpg

Use this image for that theory, it's better ;)

And I do believe that, if they are not the same being, they are from the same kind.

The wook (world of the ocean king) has indeed many similarities to Koholint Island.

And the wind symbol is really interesting. I'll look for more info on that...

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
There's no hard evidence that they are the same being. The closest rational explanation I can think of is that whales are a popular form for powerful spirit creatures.

L

Link367

They aren't the same being. Just the same creature. Remember, that Oshus lies in a differentn world then the Wind Fish. It'd be hard for Oshus to be the Ocean King and the WInd Fish at the same time counting that they are from different worlds. The image on Oshus's head I believe it resembles the marks on the Sacred Stones you find.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
Cool theory. Makes sense for them to be either the same being, or just the same species.

I'd like to imagine it to be the former, but they do look a bit too different. They're both obviously blue whales, but they do have their differences in appearance.

octorok74

TETTAC
Well, to start off I would have to say that Oshus looks more like a sperm whale while the wind fish is more like a blue whale. I would also have to say that Oshus does not have wings.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I think this is a very solid theory. They obviously would keep certaind designs out if they don't want it to be obvious that it's supposed to be the wind fish. Maybe this proves that LA is on the AT.

J

JAPPO

Oshus is Oshus. The Wind Fish is The Wind Fish. Talon is Talon. Ganon is Ganon. And so on...

Interesting theory though...

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I have come to believe that Oshus is the Wind Fish. Now I am here to present my theory on why he could be the Wind Fish.

One thing that gives him a link (no pun intended) to the Wind Fish is his ability to grant a wish. The end of LA had Marin being granted her wish and Linebeck vice versa.

My next evidence is on the head of Oshus.
PH_endslides10.png

You see that symbol on his head? I think I know a symbol that resembles that greatly, could it be perchance... this?
Windelement.gif

The Wind Element

Now before anyone says anything about not seeing that symbol on the wind fish. Mind you he had a piece of cloth on his head.
WindFish.gif

This evidence strengthens this argument only by a smudge.

It had also been seen that the Great Sea in PH is the World of the Ocean King and although I can't prove this I think perchance Koholint is in that particular dimension, but whenever the Ocean King sleeps, the island is brought as a link (no pun) between Hyrule and TWOTOK (The World of the Ocean King.)

Well I threw in my two cents, remember be kind my theory and I'll be kind to you.

Actually, that symbol isn't just on Oshus, it's in the ocean temple (Tectically belongs to Oshus) and the Phantom Sword, if you look close enough. And the Phantom Blade (Sword without Hilt) had it, and Zauz made it. so I think the symbol theory is alittle fishy...

This picture may look like Oshus is making it, but in reality, the blade had the symbol before the mix.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Oshus is Oshus. The Wind Fish is The Wind Fish. Talon is Talon. Ganon is Ganon. And so on...

Interesting theory though...

An owl statue said this once (although it is the American translation so you can get a Japanese trans to prove me wrong.)

THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER.

This would mean that the Wind Fish is only a title of sorts. He is not the Wind itself, nor is he a Fish. I would say that Oshus fits this category well.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Actually, that symbol isn't just on Oshus, it's in the ocean temple (Tectically belongs to Oshus) and the Phantom Sword, if you look close enough. And the Phantom Blade (Sword without Hilt) had it, and Zauz made it. so I think the symbol theory is alittle fishy...

This picture may look like Oshus is making it, but in reality, the blade had the symbol before the mix.

That symbol is obviously an emblem, those types of things represent the leader of a nation or the symbol of someone. It's not to fishy when you think about it. Zauz says that he serves the Ocean King so it is not improbable that he put that symbol as an emblem of the Ocean King.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
That symbol is obviously an emblem, those types of things represent the leader of a nation or the symbol of someone. It's not to fishy when you think about it. Zauz says that he serves the Ocean King so it is not improbable that he put that symbol as an emblem of the Ocean King.

when did he say that? I am not disagreeing with you, I merely cannot remember when he said that.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
when did he say that? I am not disagreeing with you, I merely cannot remember when he said that.

He forged the Phantom Blade with Oshus's symbol which would at least hint of him being a servant of the Ocean King or just a loyal person. He is at least a loyal subject. (Yea I forgot too, but I know he said it at one point.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom