• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins of the Master Sword...and DARK LINK!

Okay, here's my thoughts on the matter (bare with me, it will take a while).

A young man named "Link" was almost finished training to become a knight of Hyrule. The wizard Agahnim was planning to us a spell on the knights that would turn them against the king. He decided to test it on young Link. The spell did not work as Agahnim intended. Instead of making Link his slave, it imbodied all of Link's evil into a sigle being: Dark Link.

Link, intent on reversing this, went to the Sage of Light Rauru. Rauru informed him that Agahnim sought great powers, and would not be impeded by the knight of Hyrule for long. While the knights kept Agahnim at bay, Link was sent to gather material for the Sage of Fire to forge into a Master Sword.

However, that wasn't quite enough (big shock). Link takes the Master Sword to the Sage of Earth Laruto and the Sage of Wind Fado to make it the Blade of Evil's Bane. He also must find the remaining sages to help defeat Agahnim. Since Link has no evil in his heart, he is the only one who can weild the Master Sword.

Link finds the remaining sages and the strip Agahnim of his powers and Dark Link flees. Link used the Master Sword to inhance the seal over the Sacred Realm, and Rauru imbibed his soul to the blade to aid the next weilder of it.

Anyway, what do you think?

Everything you just said is pretty much irrelevant to the series itself. Let me explain...

Ok, Agahnim is Ganon's alterego (and was a priest, not a wizard) as shown in A Link to the Past, but that doesnt occur until WAY after Ocarina of Time. Link had nothing to do with the forging of the Master Sword. The Sage of Earth and Wind didnt make an appearance until The Wind Waker, which itself doesnt make sense since the developers took out the Wind Temple and possibly an Earth Temple out of Ocarina of Time during its development.

Last edited:
Everything you just said is pretty much irrelevant to the series itself. Let me explain...

Ok, Agahnim is Ganon's alterego (and was a priest, not a wizard) as shown in A Link to the Past, but that doesnt occur until WAY after Ocarina of Time. Link had nothing to do with the forging of the Master Sword. The Sage of Earth and Wind didnt make an appearance until The Wind Waker, which itself doesnt make sense since the developers took out the Wind Temple and possibly an Earth Temple out of Ocarina of Time during its development.

Yeah I didn't get that either in WW. It's like they just decided to include those sages back into the cannon after OOT. It wouldn't surprise me if they released OOT again with those two sages in there somehow.

Agahnim
I just used this name for convenience. I always thought he was more than a puppet, but that doesn't need to be discussed. Yes, he is a priest; but it's apparent in gameplay that he's a wizard as well.:eek:h:

Link
Once again, I'm using that name for convenience. Nintendo might make a game centered on the forging of the Master Sword.

Sages of Wind and Earth
The spirits of the old sages Link saw in the game were the ones who enchanted the Master Sword. King of Red Lions said so. Perhaps they weren't able to pass on their powers for some reason, so the remaining seven sages had to do without them.

Mehplep

Simply awesome
What Avenged tried to say was that this theory has neither evidence nor value in any sort of Zelda game, it's just random thoughts about the forging of master sword. Yes, it could be true, but it has no point at all really. I can come up with a fancy idea that Ganon's robe was sewed by Raruru in ancient times but he stole it and strated dress up in it because he found it handsome, but that does not imply anything of value. This is just really pointless and not a theory at all.

interesting fan-fiction er... theory. But, as others ahve said, it doesnt have anything really behind it besides some names. have you played OoT?

P

Punchout

The master sword is in almost all the zelda games so is it possibly the same sword or a diffrent one? If they were the same or diffrent could have a large effect on the whole speculation of the sword.

The master sword is in almost all the zelda games so is it possibly the same sword or a diffrent one? If they were the same or diffrent could have a large effect on the whole speculation of the sword.

there has been some speculation by some that their could be a false master sword in the oracle games, etc.

D

Drache Izan

He is a Wizard.

Z

ZeroLink

I've always had a thought that no one could have MADE the Master Sword, because no evil can touch it, and anyone impure wouldn't have been able to forge it.

However, I do believe that the Sword may have been forged by the three Godesses themselves, and placed in Hyrule.

But as Avenged has said, it's really a pointless theory, no one has any evidence to support any of it.

I believe it was said that the ancient sages forged the Master Sword. I kind of doubt Link is the only pure hearted person in Hyrule anyways.

J

Joey Kazooie

Yeah I didn't get that either in WW. It's like they just decided to include those sages back into the cannon after OOT. It wouldn't surprise me if they released OOT again with those two sages in there somehow.

The best time to do that was probably in the OOT and Master Quest games in the WW special edition. I think they won't release OOT again.

Leix

Error
I think it was the sages.
You see, the Master Sword was created for one purpose:
To seal away Ganon.
And then Link broke the seal bla bla bla.
They put it in the form of a sword because it could come in handy if one day Ganon made it back. It happens to be powerful enough to smite Ganon because it had to be that powerful when it was acting as a seal.

Oh yeah, and Ganon created doppleganger Link through the mirror of something. Twilight pehaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom