• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Origins of the Master Sword...and DARK LINK!

Well I think that Dark Link was created by Ganondorf just to guard the Longshot or something. As for creating the Master Sword, I have no idea. It would help if we new the first game in the timeline that had the Master Sword in it.

The Master Sword was created before Ganondorf existed.

Oh and Avenged, just wondering, how do you know this?

Leix

Error
Well fine, it was created to seal off the realm.
And I didn't say Ganondorf, I said Ganon. Ganon has been around much longer than Ganondorf, right? Ganondorf was just a Gerudo possessed/bonded/whatever to Ganon.

Play Ocarina of Time.

The sword is called The Sword of Evil's Bane, not the sword of Ganon's bane.

It was made to repent evil.

And no, Ganondorf IS GANON.

Well fine, it was created to seal off the realm.
And I didn't say Ganondorf, I said Ganon. Ganon has been around much longer than Ganondorf, right? Ganondorf was just a Gerudo possessed/bonded/whatever to Ganon.

Actually, Ganon is the transformation of Ganondorf into beast form using the Triforce of power. You weren't explaining it very much Avenged, so I decided to.

P

proctorFFVII

In the OoT manga it says that Dark Link is just a shadow that mimicks all it sees.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Everything you just said is pretty much irrelevant to the series itself. Let me explain...

Ok, Agahnim is Ganon's alterego (and was a priest, not a wizard) as shown in A Link to the Past, but that doesnt occur until WAY after Ocarina of Time. Link had nothing to do with the forging of the Master Sword. The Sage of Earth and Wind didnt make an appearance until The Wind Waker, which itself doesnt make sense since the developers took out the Wind Temple and possibly an Earth Temple out of Ocarina of Time during its development.

Ya, you are basically right. But I don't know where he was going with Dark Link, I remember him being created as a result of pulling the four sword from the stone. Though this only happens in Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures.

I

imthemailman

i thought dark link was made when ganon or one of the bad guys takes links shadow out of some kind of mirror and this shadow is dark link thats what i thought but meh

There is more then one Dark Link.
Theres the Dark Link in OOT.
And the one that comes out of his shadow in Zelda2.
With all the different Dark Links it's hard to come up with a ideas about Dark Link.

Thats true. If its not canon, its not necasarily true. If dark link mimicked all it saw, he would be ever changing.

As previously stated, there seems to be many different Dark or Shadow Links in the series. The one at the end of Adventure of Link seemed more like a test to prove your worth of gaining the Triforce of Courage, as he did favor those Wisemen who give you powers. It also makes that sound whenever the Triforce keeper disappears (the same sound whenever you get beefed up with a new magic spell), so I think he was the one who cast the spell to create Dark Link to see if you were really the hero worthy of taking the Triforce.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
As previously stated, there seems to be many different Dark or Shadow Links in the series. The one at the end of Adventure of Link seemed more like a test to prove your worth of gaining the Triforce of Courage, as he did favor those Wisemen who give you powers. It also makes that sound whenever the Triforce keeper disappears (the same sound whenever you get beefed up with a new magic spell), so I think he was the one who cast the spell to create Dark Link to see if you were really the hero worthy of taking the Triforce.

-_- or dark link ( creation of ganon not the member ) is just an illusion in the water temple in oot (rember the room with the fog and a dead tree?) if he isnt an illusion you can beat him (if you hit dark link(ganon creation) he falls in to the floor and reappers from the ceilng and you have to keep doing that proesses to beat him) and get closer to the end of the temple, or he is just a liveing mirror

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
...uuuuuhhhhhhhh...guys, I know I have no room to but in, but the original discussion was about a theory that, even I must admit sounds very, very, improbable...never mind, you can keep argueing...makes more sense anyways...sorry forlong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom